A look at the new MBB players

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

A look at the new MBB players

Post by imacat » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:32 pm

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: A look at the new MBB players

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:13 pm

I don’t know if anyone is interested in talking about basketball, but with the first game tomorrow night I am thoroughly excited to have something different to think about. Coach Sprinkle had a lot of holes to fill. A really big one obviously was Harald Frey, and we may have a point guard plus others system, but there’s a lot of raw talent here. I think if the young guys pay attention they can learn a lot from X.

I am guessing there’s a little more depth this year. Someone capable of giving Belo and Fernandez a little recovery time.

The big thing that struck me was height. A 6’8” guard (and a 5’8” guard for balance). A 6’7” swing man. A new 6’8” forward. And my wildcard guess is that Kellen Tynes is the real deal.

Playing with Sprinkle’s intensity, and with better shooters, this team will not be an easy out once they get gelled. Good job, Coach.

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: A look at the new MBB players

Post by lv2hoop » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:58 am

Super excited to see how the guys do down in Vegas tomorrow night against one of the preseason picks to do well in the Mountain West Conference. The best part is that the CBB season is finally going to happen!