Spring football schedule

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Spring football schedule

Post by AFCAT » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:16 am

2/27 - @ UCD
3/6 - @ Weber
3/13 - UNC
3/27 - @ UM
4/3 - EWU
4/10 - ISU

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring football schedule

Post by CelticCat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:30 am

Well I'd say we got the toughest draw, no one else plays the other 3 top tier contenders (EWU, MSU, UM, Weber), and we got two of those on the road to boot.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:33 am

Absolutely grueling road schedule. Good that the first two games are on the road in slightly warmer areas.

topshelfthepuck
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by topshelfthepuck » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:47 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:30 am
Well I'd say we got the toughest draw, no one else plays the other 3 top tier contenders (EWU, MSU, UM, Weber), and we got two of those on the road to boot.
4 of the top 5 from the preseason poll (of teams playing) and then exclude MSU. 3 of those 4 on the road, but here we go. Gonna need to win 5 to most likely make playoffs.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:49 am

At least we don't leave the state after week 2 and our week 1 opponent is probably only 50/50 to make it to week 1.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:55 am

If we have a season, good luck to our second and third stringers! It will basically serve as a training camp to see who makes the fall roster.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Here are my hypothetical results for this hypothetical season.

2/27 - @ UCD W Even if we can't practice because of weather I still think we'll be more ready than any team from CA.
3/6 - @ Weber L Early season on the road against maybe the best team in the conference.
3/13 - UNC W Meh
3/27 - @ UM L Toss up. Choate has outcoached Hack with only one of prep 2x. What will he do with two weeks? I give Missoula the edge because they are at home and they're still burning over the last four years (especially the last two).
4/3 - EWU W Close win against a rising team that continues to build as the season progresses.
4/10 - ISU W Strong win to make a case for one of the limited playoff spots.

Hard to say if 4-2 would be enough to make the playoffs. If we lose Cat-griz we would finish 3rd in the conference.

I still think there's a chance we finish 0-0 just like everyone else.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:08 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:20 pm

2/27 - @ UCD W Even if we can't practice because of weather I still think we'll be more ready than any team from CA.
3/6 - @ Weber L Early season on the road against maybe the best team in the conference.
3/13 - UNC W Meh
3/27 - @ UM L Toss up. Choate has outcoached Hack with only one of prep 2x. What will he do with two weeks? I give Missoula the edge because they are at home and they're still burning over the last four years (especially the last two).
4/3 - EWU W Close win against a rising team that continues to build as the season progresses.

Hard to say if 4-2 would be enough to make the playoffs. If we lose Cat-griz we would finish 3rd in the conference.

I think MSU's OL will dominate the UM DL. Don't see a loss there. Probably lose one somewhere, but I can't say to who.

Bobcatstan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcatstan » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:16 pm

All the excitement over nothing. It's not gonna happen. When will you all see it. It may start, it won't finish. Ncaa is so two faced. They could give a rats ass about player safety. Won't bobcat stadium look good with 2000 , if that, in there? What an embarrassment to watch games in 100,000 seat stadiums with crowds that bozeman high could beat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:26 pm

Bobcatstan wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:16 pm
All the excitement over nothing. It's not gonna happen. When will you all see it. It may start, it won't finish. Ncaa is so two faced. They could give a rats ass about player safety. Won't bobcat stadium look good with 2000 , if that, in there? What an embarrassment to watch games in 100,000 seat stadiums with crowds that bozeman high could beat
When will WHO all see it? Many people have been saying the exact same thing for months. But if the league decides to play, and the coaches and players want to play, let them play. :-k

NOCOcat2005
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by NOCOcat2005 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:27 pm

I'm kinda excited for Spring Football, that time of the year usually sucks for Sports!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:39 pm

coloradocat wrote:

3/13 - UNC W Meh

I think we take the game in Missoula. Limited fans. And Choate will roll out all the options for that game. He knows how important it is.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Bobcatstan wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:16 pm
Your right it won’t happen, just like every other sport that is being played right now. :roll: It’s an embarrassment that the FCS, specifically the Big Sky, arent playing while everybody else is, that’s the embarrassment.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:47 pm

So we need a preseason poll of what each game's result will be. Win/Lose/not played and see who gets the highest score.

And how many/which teams finish 6-0, 5-0 and 5-1....

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:02 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:39 pm
coloradocat wrote:

3/13 - UNC W Meh

I think we take the game in Missoula. Limited fans. And Choate will roll out all the options for that game. He knows how important it is.
I think you're likely correct that we'll win based on our coaching advantage and that they just don't match up with us well. I was mostly just trying to stay conservative because last year's beatdown was an outlier in the series.
Because it's so hard to know at this point what Choate's plan for the bastardized season will be, I don't see us going 100% as of now. Which would mean probably finishing 4-2 overall and the only other realistic loss is the following week against EWU. We could definitely go 6-0 but not at the expense of the following fall season.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:07 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:39 pm
coloradocat wrote:

3/13 - UNC W Meh

I think you're likely correct that we'll win based on our coaching advantage and that they just don't match up with us well. I was mostly just trying to stay conservative because last year's beatdown was an outlier in the series.
Because it's so hard to know at this point what Choate's plan for the bastardized season will be, I don't see us going 100% as of now. Which would mean probably finishing 4-2 overall and the only other realistic loss is the following week against EWU. We could definitely go 6-0 but not at the expense of the following fall season.
You're spot on. I have heard opinions on both sides of the coin but my personal belief is that if they somehow pull off a spring season, the teams of this conference are playing to win. I think we'll see starters trying to go 6-0.

That said, the belief seems to be even one loss may keep you from the playoffs, and 2 losses will for sure keep your from the playoffs. I think ones coaches feel their team has absolutely nothing to play for, we'll start seeing 2nd and 3rd stringers in prep for a fall season.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Biggest fear is an injury such as a knee ligament to a key player that requires surgery. No chance of being ready to go in the fall. I personally hope they do not play in the spring.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:46 pm

What does this mean for Cat/griz in the fall? Would it be back in Bozeman I assume?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:46 pm
What does this mean for Cat/griz in the fall? Would it be back in Bozeman I assume?
Yes the 2021 schedule is set.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Look who has a cake walk this season.
If they lose one game they make the laughing stock of the conference.
They play 4 teams that were 2-6 in conference and one that was 3-5 in BSC last year.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thespe ... 6160831002

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back