Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:52 am

He was a Biden mail room intern for 6 weeks in 1978.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:52 am
That is did not know. How do you explain the tweet?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Explain it? Maybe he is on steroids?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Explain it? Maybe he is on steroids?
Then I wonder if Pelosi will ask for his resignation?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:15 pm

So Trump has been endorsed by the Taliban. :shock: :shock:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 83%3famp=1

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:11 pm

The vulgarity of the left continues. For those interested there is a new documentary on EWTN called ‘A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing II — The Gender Agenda’. Not sure when it's playing next and it hasn't made it to youtube. Episode 1 is still on youtube.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:56 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:15 pm

The Taliban themselves dispute this. You’re a low information voter. You don’t know what you think you know because of where you get your information.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:56 pm
The Butcher wrote:

The Taliban themselves dispute this. You’re a low information voter. You don’t know what you think you know because of where you get your information.

google news or npr news. Same bowl of toilet water.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:33 pm

Cledus wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Butch has posted so much misinformation that it has become comical. He doesn’t realize just how non-sensical some of his posts are. His post about a Taliban endorsement is a great example. Wouldn’t a Taliban endorsement hurt any politicians chances for election in the US? A Taliban endorsement would actually work against Trump, which actually makes sense since he has hurt their regime so badly.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:33 pm
Cledus wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Butch has posted so much misinformation that it has become comical. He doesn’t realize just how non-sensical some of his posts are. His post about a Taliban endorsement is a great example. Wouldn’t a Taliban endorsement hurt any politicians chances for election in the US? A Taliban endorsement would actually work against Trump, which actually makes sense since he has hurt their regime so badly.and
You’ve posted just as much misinformation, but no one calls it comical or says anything about you don’t realize how non-sensical etc you are. Newsweek wrote the article based on CBS reports. So it’s on Newsweek and CBS.

Attacking people out of the blue isn’t the answer. Try being a little more forgiving and see if that isn’t a better way to build consensus.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:47 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 am
You’ve posted just as much misinformation, but no one calls it comical or says anything about you don’t realize how non-sensical etc you are. Newsweek wrote the article based on CBS reports. So it’s on Newsweek and CBS.

Attacking people out of the blue isn’t the answer. Try being a little more forgiving and see if that isn’t a better way to build consensus.
It has become regular practice for some posters to use personal attacks to dispute published information that is shared on these forums. Unfortunately “fake news” is now the argument used against media outlets that have served our country for decades who report on stories that some refuse to believe. Meanwhile outlets like the Herald Sun, OANN and The Federalist have become the only real news. It is crazy that NPR, BBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. can’t be trusted with their proven history of reporting world events.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:31 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Cledus wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Butch has posted so much misinformation that it has become comical. He doesn’t realize just how non-sensical some of his posts are. His post about a Taliban endorsement is a great example. Wouldn’t a Taliban endorsement hurt any politicians chances for election in the US? A Taliban endorsement would actually work against Trump, which actually makes sense since he has hurt their regime so badly.and

Do you really believe that the Taliban endorsed Trump? How many examples have multiple posters shown of the media misrepresenting the facts or showing definitive bias? You are a member of the media, but the bias is well documented.

And are you really defending Butch? Do you need some reminders of his over the top hate Trump rhetoric that simply has not been true? How about some of his attacks on various posters - including me? Why don’t you call him out?

And please don’t categorize me as attacking everyone. I have provided you every bit of respect that you have earned. I have pointed out that you have very liberal points despite your insistence that you are a moderate, but that has been posted by others as well.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:31 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Cledus wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Do you really believe that the Taliban endorsed Trump? How many examples have multiple posters shown of the media misrepresenting the facts or showing definitive bias? You are a member of the media, but the bias is well documented.

And are you really defending Butch? Do you need some reminders of his over the top hate Trump rhetoric that simply has not been true? How about some of his attacks on various posters - including me? Why don’t you call him out?

And please don’t categorize me as attacking everyone. I have provided you every bit of respect that you have earned. I have pointed out that you have very liberal points despite your insistence that you are a moderate, but that has been posted by others as well.
Trump was/is(?) pushing to have 5,000 U.S. troops removed from Afghanistan, so that would be a good reason for the Taliban to endorse Trump, wouldn't it? He made a campaign promise to remove troops. I would say the Taliban likes the sound of that. If Biden doesn't want to remove troops from Afghanistan, then they especially should really be endorsing Trump. The Taliban denying they endorse Trump sound like they know they made mistake by endorsing him.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... his-month/

And what's this about the bias being well documented?

There's nothing to defend for Butch, he merely posted a link to a site that said this. He didn't say it. And just because the Taliban denies it supports Trump, doesn't mean that they didn't support him, then saw the error in doing that and denied it. I don't trust the Taliban more than U.S. media sources. If CBS comes back and says they're sticking with their story, I'd go along with CBS. If you think the story is wrong, then attack CBS.

Your entire last paragraph is a personal attack. If someone says they're moderate, then you tell them they aren't, that's a personal attack. I take my political views and categorization personally. Telling me I'm liberal, when I'm a moderate is insulting. I don't do that to you. Personal attacks ruin message boards by making it so people don't want to post here.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Ain't no media bias if you pretend it's not there.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... eft-study/
Media Bias: Ask journalists, and they'll likely tell you they play things right down the middle. They strive to be "fair." They're "centrists." Sorry, not true. The profound leftward ideological bias of the Big Media is the main reason why America now seems saturated with "fake news." Journalists, besotted with their own ideology, are no longer able to recognize their own bias.

Despite journalists' denials, it's now pretty much a fact that journalism is one of the most left-wing of all professions. But until recently, that wasn't thought to be true of financial journalists — who have a reputation for being the most right-leaning and free-market-oriented among mainstream journalists.

If that was ever true, it sure isn't today, a new study suggests.....

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:17 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:41 pm
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Cledus wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Trump was/is(?) pushing to have 5,000 U.S. troops removed from Afghanistan, so that would be a good reason for the Taliban to endorse Trump, wouldn't it? He made a campaign promise to remove troops. I would say the Taliban likes the sound of that. If Biden doesn't want to remove troops from Afghanistan, then they especially should really be endorsing Trump. The Taliban denying they endorse Trump sound like they know they made mistake by endorsing him.

There's nothing to defend for Butch, he merely posted a link to a site that said this. He didn't say it. And just because the Taliban denies it supports Trump, doesn't mean that they didn't support him, then saw the error in doing that and denied it. I don't trust the Taliban more than U.S. media sources. If CBS comes back and says they're sticking with their story, I'd go along with CBS. If you think the story is wrong, then attack CBS.

Your entire last paragraph is a personal attack. If someone says they're moderate, then you tell them they aren't, that's a personal attack. I take my political views and categorization personally. Telling me I'm liberal, when I'm a moderate is insulting. I don't do that to you. Personal attacks ruin message boards by making it so people don't want to post here.
Goodness, TomCat88, you sure are the sensitive type. As you’ve called me a snowflake a month or so ago (a personal attack, I think, that only displayed your hypocrisy), your last paragraph above sure comes across as “snowflaky”. But, hey, you are the most righteous, knowledgeable and legendary poster on this board so I bow to your self-defined moderation.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:37 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:17 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:41 pm
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Cledus wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Goodness, TomCat88, you sure are the sensitive type. As you’ve called me a snowflake a month or so ago (a personal attack, I think, that only displayed your hypocrisy), your last paragraph above sure comes across as “snowflaky”. But, hey, you are the most righteous, knowledgeable and legendary poster on this board so I bow to your self-defined moderation.
Yes, I called you a snowflake. You came at me, so I gave you a dose of your own medicine. It doesn't seem to have fazed you, so I doubt anything will. You also tried to intimidate me with your challenge to send me to Portland to report on the riots and violence there. I came back to you with a reasonable proposal and you backed down. So not only do you antagonize people and personally attack people, but you can't even back up your own words.

I'm not righteous or any of those things. What I am is fair and I don't like people to be unfair to each other, so I step in from time to time. There's no need to antagonize people on this message board. All that does is drive people off the board, decrease traffic, and make it a less useable site.

toM StUber

profisme
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by profisme » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:58 pm
Ain't no media bias if you pretend it's not there.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... eft-study/
Media Bias: Ask journalists, and they'll likely tell you they play things right down the middle. They strive to be "fair." They're "centrists." Sorry, not true. The profound leftward ideological bias of the Big Media is the main reason why America now seems saturated with "fake news." Journalists, besotted with their own ideology, are no longer able to recognize their own bias.

Despite journalists' denials, it's now pretty much a fact that journalism is one of the most left-wing of all professions. But until recently, that wasn't thought to be true of financial journalists — who have a reputation for being the most right-leaning and free-market-oriented among mainstream journalists.

If that was ever true, it sure isn't today, a new study suggests.....
Fun. So now you're the arbiter of where Tom falls on the liberal to conservative scale. I mean that's fair since you know him better than he knows himself.

-Elias P. Harmon-

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:59 pm

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/interacti ... s-chart-2/

This is the best website I've found for measuring media bias. It's referenced by other sites trying to determine bias in the media.

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:03 pm

My definition of a moderate is someone who want's the party that is furthest out on the fringe to come back to center. Party extremism, like the media, is also measured. Currently these measurements find the Republican party to more extreme. That doesn't mean in any way that someone who's a moderate and therefore would be voting Democrat, is a Democrat or a Liberal. It just means that person wants his/her country centered.

I'd love to have a third party that represents the middle class and isn't all caught up in wedge issues.

toM StUber

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:56 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:03 pm
My definition of a moderate is someone who want's the party that is furthest out on the fringe to come back to center. Party extremism, like the media, is also measured. Currently these measurements find the Republican party to more extreme. That doesn't mean in any way that someone who's a moderate and therefore would be voting Democrat, is a Democrat or a Liberal. It just means that person wants his/her country centered.

I'd love to have a third party that represents the middle class and isn't all caught up in wedge issues.
The Democratic Party has Bernie Sanders, AOC, Elizabeth Warren, Pelosi and numerous other far left leaders pushing for open borders, free healthcare, free college, green energy, etc - and you think that Republicans are further to the Right than Democrats are to the left?

A third party would be great, but it will never happen. Both parties are terrified of a third party and have too much money and power to allow it to happen.