Ken Moses Added to Sprinkle’s Staff?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Ken Moses Added to Sprinkle’s Staff?

Post by imacat » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:05 pm

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ken Moses Added to Sprinkle’s Staff?

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:52 am

Just made it official.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:06 am

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Anybody know enough to have an opinion on him? I love what Sprinkle has done and trust him fully to bring in somebody every bit as good as Dirden, just curious if anybody knows anything about him besides what's in the article.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:39 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:56 pm
Anybody know enough to have an opinion on him? I love what Sprinkle has done and trust him fully to bring in somebody every bit as good as Dirden, just curious if anybody knows anything about him besides what's in the article.
I know very little. Know I LOVED Dirden so I hope Moses fills that void.

Trust Sprinks though so I’m cautiously optimistic

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:57 am

MSU is not over flowing with money to pay assistants How Sprinkle managed to get 3 assistant the caliber of Haslam, Dirden (remember Dirden had a D-2 head coaching job and Russell was pretty amazing. Moss is more of a typical entry level D-1 assistant coach hire for MSU. This is his first D-1 assistant position but has a lot d-1 experience at other positions. Danny has always had a good eye for up and coming talent. More than once in the past he has said look out for this guy at MSU UM or another Big Sky school and he has been pretty right on. The thing is, if Danny has some success at MSU like we all hope Haslam could become a hot commodity to upper level D-1 schools due to his European connections. I think Russell is in a similar position, he is widely know for his success as a JC coach and I think some schools are just looking for him to prove himself at MSU before taking a chance on him.

As I have said before the sign of a good basketball, football or volleyball program is how many oftheir assistants move up through the ranks. By the same token your school can get the repution for up and coming coaches as the place to go to further their carrier.

I think in the next 2-3 years we could see some significant turn over in our Men's basketball assistants, but you have to have faith if Sprinkle knows how to pick assistants.