McGhee to the NFL

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Re: McGhee to the NFL

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:49 pm

bobcat99 wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:09 pm
nanacat wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:51 pm
So on this note... how does a coach get picked by an NFL team? Obviously players go through tryouts, but what's the way for a coach? Doubtful McGee answered a help wanted ad, Haha. Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows the process.
He's interviewed with NFL teams before.

He's pretty well thought of in the industry.

The role he's taking is a young man's game. Tons of hours breaking down film and tendencies. If you ever get a chance, look at how Belichick wants his analysts to break down plays. It's absolutely insane.
I can't imagine spygate Bill willingly showing anything about his program but is there a link to a site where a person could get a look at how Belichick wants his analysts to break down plays?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:14 pm

AFCAT wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:55 pm
So on this note... how does a coach get picked by an NFL team? Obviously players go through tryouts, but what's the way for a coach? Doubtful McGee answered a help wanted ad, Haha. Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows the process.

NFL Job listings.

http://www.nfl.com/careers/clubs
So you're saying he did answer a help wanted ad πŸ˜‰

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:49 pm

The role he's taking is a young man's game. Tons of hours breaking down film and tendencies. If you ever get a chance, look at how Belichick wants his analysts to break down plays. It's absolutely insane.
I can't imagine spygate Bill willingly showing anything about his program but is there a link to a site where a person could get a look at how Belichick wants his analysts to break down plays?
https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2016/ ... oachi.html

It's called "padding". Basically take 20-30 minutes on a play. Which way did the QB's head turn. How were the ol's feet pointing. Which way did they go? All the minute details. Really interesting.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bill-belichick ... 17817.html

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 pm

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:42 pm

It's called "padding". Basically take 20-30 minutes on a play. Which way did the QB's head turn. How were the ol's feet pointing. Which way did they go? All the minute details. Really interesting.

Fans do this in the stands every game and most of you don't even realize you are. Looking at the line splits, are the OL leaning back into pass defense, RB taking an agressive cut at the line or a lazy block. Under Ash I sat in the stands telling the person next what the play was going to be based on his past calls and was right too many times. The point is that players need to understand this and not give that information away when they line up and start the play.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Thanks those were interesting.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Montanabob wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 pm

Fans do this in the stands every game and most of you don't even realize you are. Looking at the line splits, are the OL leaning back into pass defense, RB taking an agressive cut at the line or a lazy block. Under Ash I sat in the stands telling the person next what the play was going to be based on his past calls and was right too many times. The point is that players need to understand this and not give that information away when they line up and start the play.
Same principle, far more detailed.

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:14 am

Way to go Coach! Thanks for all the great memories as a player and a coach.

AKCat1

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 pm

I wonder what O’Brien being shown the door will bring for Denarius? People always want a coach canned as soon as the team struggles but really it hurts guys like D-Mac more than the head coach.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:32 am

Prodigal Cat wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 pm
I wonder what O’Brien being shown the door will bring for Denarius? People always want a coach canned as soon as the team struggles but really it hurts guys like D-Mac more than the head coach.
With Romeo in place as interim HC, I doubt there will be any changes this season to the staff. But in the Not For Long league if they don't produce some wins shortly, that all changes in a flash. Next season, anybody's guess. Romeo's record as HC is not stellar, even though most of that was with the Browns.

I think D-Mac will have a long coaching career, which will most likely take him many places around the NFL and college game.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:11 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:58 pm

Hawks86 wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:11 pm
Good for DM, at least from an employment perspective. From a situation perspective, I've heard the Texans organization is a mess

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: