Sterk signs with Miami

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Sterk signs with Miami

Post by Team10 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:41 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 pm
I like Sterk so much as a great Bobcat but Jared Allen won the Buchanan Award and was drafted as a DE. Sterk wasn’t even first-team all-conference and was signed as a TE. Weird comparison.
Sterk wasn't first team due to BSC semantics. He was absolutely a first team guy, but because conference champions get an allotted number of first team votes those first teams DE spots were already taken by Sac and Weber. Will he play in the NFL probably not, but don't say that he wasn't the best DE in the conference. Watching him on the field and him passing the eye test tell you that much.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:48 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 am
Apparently so does alcohol!!!
More like autocorrect on my phone.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:51 pm

Team10 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:41 pm
PapaG wrote:
I like Sterk so much as a great Bobcat but Jared Allen won the Buchanan Award and was drafted as a DE. Sterk wasn’t even first-team all-conference and was signed as a TE. Weird comparison.
Sterk wasn't first team due to BSC semantics. He was absolutely a first team guy, but because conference champions get an allotted number of first team votes those first teams DE spots were already taken by Sac and Weber. Will he play in the NFL probably not, but don't say that he wasn't the best DE in the conference. Watching him on the field and him passing the eye test tell you that much.
First place teams are allotted extra votes for DE in all-conference voting? Is this true? I’ve never heard of it.

I didn’t say he wasn’t the best DE in the conference. I believe he was.

What a ride

Team10

Post by Team10 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:28 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:51 pm
Team10 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:41 pm
PapaG wrote:
First place teams are allotted extra votes for DE in all-conference voting? Is this true? I’ve never heard of it.

I didn’t say he wasn’t the best DE in the conference. I believe he was.
Go listen to Tootell and Nuanez from last November when the teams were selected. They speak a bit further how bogus it is how some of the athletes are selected.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5f1DRq ... FTaHZfpr3Q

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:27 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:16 am

For those that may not know, this is final roster cut down time in the NFL. Teams have to be down from their camp limit of 80 players to the regular season limit of 53 players by September 5. I wonder if he'll make the practice squad. Limits on practice squad players have been increased from 10 last year to 16 this year

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Pre-Covid, Sterk would have a great opportunity to play in the XFL next spring Maybe he lands in the CFL? Is there still a CFL?

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:42 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:16 pm
Pre-Covid, Sterk would have a great opportunity to play in the XFL next spring Maybe he lands in the CFL? Is there still a CFL?
You're a real scouting expert aren't you? You should occasionally take a break from being such a dickhead.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:50 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:42 pm
PapaG wrote:
You're a real scouting expert aren't you? You should occasionally take a break from being such a dickhead.
Greg knows all about everything ever. Surprised you didn’t know that.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:37 pm

seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
What the eff are you talking about? How is anything I posted about my thoughts on Sterk as an NFL player me being a “dickhead.” There is nothing wrong with playing the CFL or XFL. Look at Alex Singleton. Travis Lulay. Do you think those players suck or something? It’s still professional football. I know there is no longer an XFL. Will the CFL survive? Talk about being a “dickhead.”

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:47 pm

coachouert wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:50 pm
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Where in this thread was I wrong in my opinion on Sterk? In another thread a few years ago I posted Alex Singleton is an NFL player, which he is. Sterk was awesome at MSU but didn’t have the burst needed for an NFL rush end. How is that being a “dickhead” or knowing everything? Mike is still upset MSU had to alter their admission rate after I caught the disparity when comparing to other MUS colleges. You could have at least thanked me for doing your job for you.

What a ride

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:00 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:47 pm
coachouert wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Where in this thread was I wrong in my opinion on Sterk? In another thread a few years ago I posted Alex Singleton is an NFL player, which he is. Sterk was awesome at MSU but didn’t have the burst needed for an NFL rush end. How is that being a “dickhead” or knowing everything? Mike is still upset MSU had to alter their admission rate after I caught the disparity when comparing to other MUS colleges. You could have at least thanked me for doing your job for you.
Greg, for you to understand the point would require at least some ability on your part to be objective in assessing your behavior. I have never seen any indication on this board that you have that ability.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:49 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:00 pm
PapaG wrote:
coachouert wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Greg, for you to understand the point would require at least some ability on your part to be objective in assessing your behavior. I have never seen any indication on this board that you have that ability.
I still have no clue want you three are upset about. That I have strong opinions and didn’t think Bryce Sterk would be a “great” NFL player based on watching and playing football for 40 years?

What a ride

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:26 am

PapaG wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:49 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:00 pm
PapaG wrote:
coachouert wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
The only one showing anger is you.
I still have no clue want you three are upset about. That I have strong opinions and didn’t think Bryce Sterk would be a “great” NFL player based on watching and playing football for 40 years?

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:09 am

Practice squad additions start at 11 a.m.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:00 pm

According
to sports illustrated as of a few minutes ago does it look like he made it.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:41 am

CFL by-laws state that teams can claim exclusive CFL rights for up to 45 players by placing them on their negotiation lists. Players can be added, removed or traded from the lists at any time.
BC Lions claimed Bryce.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:41 am

CFL by-laws state that teams can claim exclusive CFL rights for up to 45 players by placing them on their negotiation lists. Players can be added, removed or traded from the lists at any time.
BC Lions claimed Bryce.
See they also named Kevin Thompson. Isn't he getting a bit old now :)

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:40 am

RickRund wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 pm
Hawks86 wrote:

BC Lions claimed Bryce.
He's the QB!

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:09 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:40 am
RickRund wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 pm
Hawks86 wrote:

BC Lions claimed Bryce.
He's the QB!
You missed the point. he played 8 years of college football. Ok, I looked it up, just 6 years.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back