Callahan O’Reilly on Twitter

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Callahan O’Reilly on Twitter

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 pm

He’s a very interesting ’Cat on Twitter.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Callahan O’Reilly on Twitter

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:19 pm

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Looks like he discovered QAnon during Covid. Haha.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:07 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:00 pm
Looks like he discovered QAnon during Covid. Haha.

That never crossed my mind, but you’re not the only one who thought that. Says he read four books and it changed his views.

toM StUber

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 am

I am not sure how QAnon is drawn from his post. Can someone help me understand?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:48 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 am
He had a bizarre “pizza gate-esque” tweet calling Obama, Biden, Hillary, Ben Affleck and others pedophiles, which is how QAnon initially gained traction.

He has since deleted that post. Which was probably a good thing.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:54 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:48 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 am
He had a bizarre “pizza gate-esque” tweet calling Obama, Biden, Hillary, Ben Affleck and others pedophiles, which is how QAnon initially gained traction.

He has since deleted that post. Which was probably a good thing.
Thanks. I had looked at his posts this morning and they seemed pretty deep and thought provoking. Didn’t see that post, but now I understand.

Helcat72

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Nothing to do with Callahan, but this world just keeps getting stranger, weirder, scarier and more dangerous. Qanon is all of those!

2020 Beat the Covids!

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:32 am

Took a shot at bullock. Can’t say I disagree in the slightest

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:27 pm

How about some facts. The fact is that Montana is doing better than all but about six states for unemployment rate, https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm. I would argue that Montana's handling of the pandemic has been highly effective relative to most of the rest of the country.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:41 pm

LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:27 pm
How about some facts. The fact is that Montana is doing better than all but about six states for unemployment rate, https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm. I would argue that Montana's handling of the pandemic has been highly effective relative to most of the rest of the country.
Interesting that South Dakota had a lower unemployment rate and they basically just conducted business as usual. Given how the rural states have fared well with Covid, maybe Callaghan’s tweet was accurate.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Well South Dakota has a .8% lower unemployment rate at the cost of 9500 more cases and 100 more deaths per 1,000,000. I guess it's up to each of us to determine if that's a good trade off.

Based on our increased caseloads and hospitalisations since school reopened my guess is that without the early restrictions we would have had far greater numbers of infections and deaths than we did.

Regarding the statement about "ruining kids dreams", I find that to be an immature statement coming from a young man like Callahan. I can assure him that the Governor was trying to do his best for the state based on the recommendations of scientists and healthcare professionals. I'm pretty sure the Governor didn't shut down the economy lightly. It would have taken far less courage to just ignore the situation.

PHAT CAT
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:30 pm

LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:27 pm
Spoken like a true mask wearing Bullock supporter. I'd bet you love Joe Biden's idea to force everyone in the nation to wear masks, no matter where you're at. You know, like forty miles outside of Jordan, MT elk hunting. =D^ =D^ =D^

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:42 pm

Spoken like a true mask shunning Trump supporter. You can see where that got him. But in Ron White's immortal words "you can't fix stupid".

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Oh look another Covid thread.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

PHAT CAT
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm

LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:42 pm
Spoken like a true mask shunning Trump supporter. You can see where that got him. But in Ron White's immortal words "you can't fix stupid".
Yep! He blew past it, like it was puppies breath. Just like I did. Please stay in lock down. We'll let you know, when we need ya. :lol:

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Yeah he blew past it after several hundred thousand in therapies that most have no access to. Now we have to listen to the dumbass bloviate about how you should just be brave like he is.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:56 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:48 pm
Oh look another Covid thread.
Sorry, I'll quit now.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:11 pm

LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:28 pm
Well South Dakota has a .8% lower unemployment rate at the cost of 9500 more cases and 100 more deaths per 1,000,000. I guess it's up to each of us to determine if that's a good trade off.

Based on our increased caseloads and hospitalisations since school reopened my guess is that without the early restrictions we would have had far greater numbers of infections and deaths than we did.

Regarding the statement about "ruining kids dreams", I find that to be an immature statement coming from a young man like Callahan. I can assure him that the Governor was trying to do his best for the state based on the recommendations of scientists and healthcare professionals. I'm pretty sure the Governor didn't shut down the economy lightly. It would have taken far less courage to just ignore the situation.
Given that Callaghan is a 20 or 21 year old kid, I think you blasting him is bull crap. It took a lot of guts for a kid to use his name and publicly provide his opinion. You classify Bullock as courageous yet condemn Callaghan as immature. How old are you? Not sure how old you are, but you going after a college kid just because you don’t agree with him seems to be immature.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:11 pm
LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Given that Callaghan is a 20 or 21 year old kid, I think you blasting him is bull crap. It took a lot of guts for a kid to use his name and publicly provide his opinion. You classify Bullock as courageous yet condemn Callaghan as immature. How old are you? Not sure how old you are, but you going after a college kid just because you don’t agree with him seems to be immature.
Oh give me a break. If you're old enough to blast the Governor on twitter then you're old enough to take a little gentle calling out. I'm 65 and when I was at MSU I don't think the average kid would have been so sensitive and I doubt Callahan is either.