BIG SKY CONFERENCE SHOULD RESTART IN FALL

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

NOCOcat2005
BobcatNation Redshirt

BIG SKY CONFERENCE SHOULD RESTART IN FALL

Post by NOCOcat2005 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful Fall weather in Bozeman today. I'm sorry, but I can't believe the Big Sky Conference hasn't changed its mind with Football this Fall. Let me premise this by saying I totally think COVID-19 is a serious deal and people should be wearing masks in public places. If we have learned anything from the first 2 weeks of College Football, teams can play and practice with taking precautions and have a season! There has been very little evidence to show the virus is spread while outdoors playing football. Hell, high school football is off and kicking with few reports of problems. I get that it's hard for a conference like the Big Sky to be nimble and change plans, but give me a break, give teams 3 weeks and play the conference schedule. Spring Football is no more likely to happen then Fall, so get on with it. As somebody who works on a campus, if testing is widely available, student athletes are just as safe on the field as they would be partying with their abundant free time. I know this won't happen, but it should! Maskup, testup and let's bleeping go! GO CATS!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: BIG SKY CONFERENCE SHOULD RESTART IN FALL

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Agreed. It won’t change, what’s done is done at this point.... but yeah, the decision to not have football this fall is just ridiculous.... so dumb.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:29 pm

I too wish we had football this fall. But maybe someone can answer the fiscal question of how all of the Big Sky programs (and especially programs like Northern Colorado and PSU) would pay for the extra expenses of playing (travel, hotels, refs, etc.) with no gate revenue.

NOCOcat2005
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by NOCOcat2005 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:44 pm

BREAKING: BIG 10 is likely to resume season OCT 17th, Hey Big Sky Conference, Mountain West, PAC 12, let's go!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:07 pm

I would love to see fall football, but not going to happen in FCS. The FCS playoffs getting moved to spring will cause FCS schools to all wait and play this spring as a complete division.

Also the revenue issues with no attendance is a big problem in FCS. The FBS has major TV revenue and can make it work.

I hope more FBS conferences play this fall. It will allow FCS schools more exposure in the spring. We have already seen that happen this fall with high school football getting more coverage on Altitude, Root, local outlets and even the ESPN family of networks.