Jesse Jones target of racist

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14357
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:06 am



This really bothers me. Jesse was a bouncer at the Rockin R when I worked there and we played intramural football together. He’s a great guy. This has got to stop.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10293
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:36 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:06 am


This really bothers me. Jesse was a bouncer at the Rockin R when I worked there and we played on intramural football together. He’s a great guy. This has got to stop.
I agree with you 100%. It sure seems like there’s a major uptick in racist comments/threats/actions over the past few years.



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:01 pm

Agreed 100%! Who the hell sent this email/text? Somebody that ignorant needs to be outed.

And in regard to the number of racial epithets increasing, there has to be a correlation with the use of social media.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5701
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 am

Ugly! Not surprising though. I bet a lot of black journalists get harassed like this as Jesse said "It comes with the job...". We live in a very racist country and they've become more bold in the past 10-12 years. They can't stand to see blacks advance in society and will stop at nothing to keep them down.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14357
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:54 pm

I’m confused at the low number of responses.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3468
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:47 am

Disgusting behavior. People like this have no business being a part of society, the bigger problem is this gets perpetuated through generations when people have kids.

Unfortunately the race relations in this country are dissolving rather than evolving. Many causes are behind it but unity is necessary not division.


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14357
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:40 am

Bump.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by wapiti » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am

Smells of Jussie Smollett.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5701
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:10 am

wapiti wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Smells of Jussie Smollett.
How so?



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3468
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 pm

wapiti wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Smells of Jussie Smollett.
Why? Do you think he is doing it to get noticed or famous?

I call BS on that. Nothing from what I've seen or read would give the impression this dude is out to get someone.


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5701
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 pm
wapiti wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Smells of Jussie Smollett.
Why? Do you think he is doing it to get noticed or famous?

I call BS on that. Nothing from what I've seen or read would give the impression this dude is out to get someone.
Wapiti: why aren't you able to respond to this?



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3468
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:02 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 pm
wapiti wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Smells of Jussie Smollett.
Why? Do you think he is doing it to get noticed or famous?

I call BS on that. Nothing from what I've seen or read would give the impression this dude is out to get someone.
Wapiti: why aren't you able to respond to this?
Agree iaa, this post actually pissed me off. Don't say stuff like that on a public forum without some pretty serious inside knowledge. He should respond ASAP or delete the post.


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by wapiti » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:37 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 pm
wapiti wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Smells of Jussie Smollett.
Why? Do you think he is doing it to get noticed or famous?

I call BS on that. Nothing from what I've seen or read would give the impression this dude is out to get someone.
Wapiti: why aren't you able to respond to this?
Agree iaa, this post actually pissed me off. Don't say stuff like that on a public forum without some pretty serious inside knowledge. He should respond ASAP or delete the post.
I am a skeptic. Especially after of what Smollet did. I am not saying that is what this guy did. I am just skeptical.



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:24 pm

wapiti wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:37 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 pm
wapiti wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Smells of Jussie Smollett.
Why? Do you think he is doing it to get noticed or famous?

I call BS on that. Nothing from what I've seen or read would give the impression this dude is out to get someone.
Wapiti: why aren't you able to respond to this?
Agree iaa, this post actually pissed me off. Don't say stuff like that on a public forum without some pretty serious inside knowledge. He should respond ASAP or delete the post.
I am a skeptic. Especially after of what Smollet did. I am not saying that is what this guy did. I am just skeptical.
What you did was slanderous with absolutely no corroborating evidence. A real man would step up and apologize.



User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2953
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:26 pm

wapiti wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:37 pm
I am a skeptic. Especially after of what Smollet did. I am not saying that is what this guy did. I am just skeptical.
There is absolutely zero reason for this attitude. You disgust me and you should be ashamed of yourself. :oops:


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

User avatar
seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by seataccat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:40 pm

wapiti wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:37 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 pm
wapiti wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Smells of Jussie Smollett.
Why? Do you think he is doing it to get noticed or famous?

I call BS on that. Nothing from what I've seen or read would give the impression this dude is out to get someone.
Wapiti: why aren't you able to respond to this?
Agree iaa, this post actually pissed me off. Don't say stuff like that on a public forum without some pretty serious inside knowledge. He should respond ASAP or delete the post.
I am a skeptic. Especially after of what Smollet did. I am not saying that is what this guy did. I am just skeptical.
You should go back to the bottom of the pond where you belong.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3574
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by KittieKop » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 pm

:coffee: Looks like Tom finally got the discussion he was fishing for.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14357
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:18 am

KittieKop wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 pm
:coffee: Looks like Tom finally got the discussion he was fishing for.
I posted this because I wanted to show Jesse that people here have his back and support him.

I’ve learned that not very many people care and at least one possibly doesn’t even believe him.

This has been a real eye opener for me.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:49 pm

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by seacat85 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:26 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:18 am
KittieKop wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 pm
:coffee: Looks like Tom finally got the discussion he was fishing for.
I posted this because I wanted to show Jesse that people here have his back and support him.

I’ve learned that not very many people care and at least one possibly doesn’t even believe him.

This has been a real eye opener for me.
Hey TC don't get too discouraged. Hopefully there are a lot out there like me that lurk, hate that Jesse had to endure this, and hate that someone on here doubts him.

Jesse was playing during the time I was at MSU. I don't remember him but then I don't remember most of the players on that championship team. I actually ran into a guy that said he was the backup QB on that team in a bar in the Seattle area. I was wearing an MSU jacket and he commented on it. Sorry I don't remember his name and that was a few years back.

I "know" Jesse from the work he's done on a couple of the Seattle TV stations. Didn't even make the connection with MSU until I think he posted something here.

Keep up the good work Jesse!



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:34 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:18 am
KittieKop wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 pm
:coffee: Looks like Tom finally got the discussion he was fishing for.
I posted this because I wanted to show Jesse that people here have his back and support him.

I’ve learned that not very many people care and at least one possibly doesn’t even believe him.

This has been a real eye opener for me.
I am sure that 99.9% of Montanan’s have Jesse’s back. I certainly do. However the lack of posts on this topic probably have more to do with the occasional toxic nature on this board. A comment opens you up to criticism and some people just don’t want that even though they are anonymous. I think we need to be vocal on such matters, but we shouldn’t read too much into a limited number of posts.



Post Reply