Plant the flag

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Plant the flag

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 am

we are excited to launch a new challenge to our fans: "Plant the Flag: A campaign to position Bobcat Athletics for success today, tomorrow and beyond." Our goal is to raise $3M throughout this year to avoid interruptions in support for our programs ($2M for scholarships; $500,000 in nutrition; and $500,000 in additional medical expenses). Click here to watch a video announcing this campaign.

This Plant the Flag campaign was born from the desire not only to survive the year, but to emerge from this time of adversity stronger than we ever have been before. We want to set the stage for our student-athletes to continue to dominate in the classroom and on the field of competition. This year-long campaign will encompass many things you've seen before like the Blue & Gold Gala (virtual this year), season ticket renewals, Bobcat Club license plates renewals and new initiatives specific to this academic calendar which will be announced at later dates.

The easiest way to help us Plant the Flag is to keep your football season tickets and roll with us into the spring 2021 season, or if your circumstances won't allow you to attend in the spring, to donate your ticket fees and Required Seat Contribution. If most of our fans were able to do one of those options, we would be well on our way to achieving our $3M goal. However, as I mentioned above, we understand this pandemic has affected everyone differently and we are very sensitive to everyone's personal situations. We've worked with the Bobcat Ticket Office to present multiple options to our season-ticket holders, including refund scenarios for those who need it. Please visit our FAQ's page to review options and follow necessary steps for those requesting a deferral to the fall 2021 season, donation opportunities or a full/partial refund.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Plant the flag

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:26 am

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:26 am
Nicely done. They have my support.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 am

we are excited to launch a new challenge to our fans: "Plant the Flag: A campaign to position Bobcat Athletics for success today, tomorrow and beyond." Our goal is to raise $3M throughout this year to avoid interruptions in support for our programs ($2M for scholarships; $500,000 in nutrition; and $500,000 in additional medical expenses). Click here to watch a video announcing this campaign.

This Plant the Flag campaign was born from the desire not only to survive the year, but to emerge from this time of adversity stronger than we ever have been before. We want to set the stage for our student-athletes to continue to dominate in the classroom and on the field of competition. This year-long campaign will encompass many things you've seen before like the Blue & Gold Gala (virtual this year), season ticket renewals, Bobcat Club license plates renewals and new initiatives specific to this academic calendar which will be announced at later dates.

The easiest way to help us Plant the Flag is to keep your football season tickets and roll with us into the spring 2021 season, or if your circumstances won't allow you to attend in the spring, to donate your ticket fees and Required Seat Contribution. If most of our fans were able to do one of those options, we would be well on our way to achieving our $3M goal. However, as I mentioned above, we understand this pandemic has affected everyone differently and we are very sensitive to everyone's personal situations. We've worked with the Bobcat Ticket Office to present multiple options to our season-ticket holders, including refund scenarios for those who need it. Please visit our FAQ's page to review options and follow necessary steps for those requesting a deferral to the fall 2021 season, donation opportunities or a full/partial refund.
Good job MSU. Obviously I like it since I said they should do something like this months ago. I think it will be a success.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:07 pm

BozeCatsFan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BozeCatsFan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:59 am

I called the ticket office this morning about my season tickets and was told spring season is canceled and tickets are being moved to the fall 2021 season. Only mentioning here because that seems to differ with what was posted above regarding a spring season.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:14 am

BozeCatsFan wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:59 am
I called the ticket office this morning about my season tickets and was told spring season is canceled and tickets are being moved to the fall 2021 season. Only mentioning here because that seems to differ with what was posted above regarding a spring season.
We got an email earlier this week that broke down the season tickets really well. Think we have until mid-March to renew.

Best way to "plant the flag" is to donate your 2020 tix as if there was a reason, and pay up for 2021! They should reach their goal and then some. \:D/

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:22 am

BozeCatsFan wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:59 am
The Spring Big Sky football season is canceled for the Bobcats. The Spring football season isn't canceled. The Bobcats will still train and are looking at scheduling at least two games, most likely with local NAIA teams. Now, these games may be just glorified scrimmages, but at least it's something. Vigen may change those plans though.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:48 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:22 am
The Spring Big Sky football season is canceled for the Bobcats. The Spring football season isn't canceled. The Bobcats will still train and are looking at scheduling at least two games, most likely with local NAIA teams. Now, these games may be just glorified scrimmages, but at least it's something. Vigen may change those plans though.
He'll keep the games, but maybe change who we play. It's actually good because they get more hours to practice.

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:48 am
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:22 am
He'll keep the games, but maybe change who we play. It's actually good because they get more hours to practice.
I am not smart, so I'm sure this was thought of previously. I was just thinking how great it would be for the team to go on the road for one of these games to Billings to play RMC and coordinate that with a fundraiser for both schools. They used to travel for the Triangle Classic right? The biggest barrier I see is seating in Yellowstone County. Too bad the Metra didn't go with the SD2 coordinated sports complex.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:51 pm

I like the idea of playing the community college in zootown.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."