Sterk signs with Miami

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Sterk signs with Miami

Post by seataccat » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:15 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:02 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:01 am

I would like to see him get a shot at DE somewhere
I completely agree, I believe he could be a great DE in the NFL.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:25 am

Hawks86 wrote:
The Dolphins signed another TE, from free agency not to long before camp started. Which probably didn't help his chances. He'll land some where.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Canada for sure if they ever play again.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:03 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:02 am
Hawks86 wrote:

I would like to see him get a shot at DE somewhere
I don’t think he has NFL explosion for a rush end, and his strength advantage in FCS is offset in the NFL by grown linemen.

That’s why he moved to TE in the first place. He was awesome at MSU. Best of luck in future endeavors, be they on a football field or another path.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:08 pm

seataccat wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:15 am

How? Not a single team drafted him as a DE, and for a camp shot he had to move to TE. I hope he’s a great NFL DE too, but it’s not reality to think that will happen. Take off your Blue and Gold lenses and just appreciate how awesome he was for MSU in college! The NFL isn’t going to happen for him.

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:33 pm

PapaG wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:08 pm
seataccat wrote:

How? Not a single team drafted him as a DE, and for a camp shot he had to move to TE. I hope he’s a great NFL DE too, but it’s not reality to think that will happen. Take off your Blue and Gold lenses and just appreciate how awesome he was for MSU in college! The NFL isn’t going to happen for him.
Well, he was certainly one of the best pass rushers in the FCS. But I don't claim to have half of the knowledge that you do and of course the scouts are never wrong.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Sterk got picked up by my Bengals!

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:04 pm

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:37 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:04 pm
Awesome! Hope he shows enough in camp to make the practice squad. That’s not out of reach.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:41 pm

seataccat wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:33 pm
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Well, he was certainly one of the best pass rushers in the FCS. But I don't claim to have half of the knowledge that you do and of course the scouts are never wrong.
Maybe we have different ideas of what “great” means? I hope he gets a shot to stick with the Bengals, but so just don’t see him as ever being a “great” NFL player. I will always say he was great as a Bobcat, though. What TE going to be difficult to replace him next fall.

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:41 pm
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Maybe we have different ideas of what “great” means? I hope he gets a shot to stick with the Bengals, but so just don’t see him as ever being a “great” NFL player. I will always say he was great as a Bobcat, though. What TE going to be difficult to replace him next fall.
Jared Allen was 6’6” and 255 from Idaho State. Bryce is 6’5” and 261. Has measurables to play DE in the NFL.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Jared Allen was 6’6” and 255 from Idaho State. Bryce is 6’5” and 261. Has measurables to play DE in the NFL.
I never said he doesn’t have the size. What’s your point in comparing them? That he’s similar in size to Allen, who had an elite all-time burst, and is from the Big Sky that he’ll be a borderline NFL Hall of Fame player?

Why can’t people just appreciate what Sterk did in Bozeman and also realize he’s a project in the NFL and likely will never play a down?

I like Sterk so much as a great Bobcat but Jared Allen won the Buchanan Award and was drafted as a DE. Sterk wasn’t even first-team all-conference and was signed as a TE. Weird comparison.

What a ride

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:44 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 pm
Cataholic wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

I never said he doesn’t have the size. What’s your point in comparing them? That he’s similar in size to Allen, who had an elite all-time burst, and is from the Big Sky that he’ll be a borderline NFL Hall of Fame player?

Why can’t people just appreciate what Sterk did in Bozeman and also realize he’s a project in the NFL and likely will never play a down?

I like Sterk so much as a great Bobcat but Jared Allen won the Buchanan Award and was drafted as a DE. Sterk wasn’t even first-team all-conference and was signed as a TE. Weird comparison.
The question is: Why can’t people just appreciate what Sterk did in Bozeman?
The answer is: Some people can. I appreciate what Sterk did here at MSU both on and off the field.
At the same time other people can't help but show how much smarter they are and can't resist planting the seeds for a possible I told you so moment.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:13 pm

PapaG wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Excuse me for just pointing out that he has the physical variables to make it in the NFL. Never said anything about the Hall of Fame, but I doubt anybody thought that Jared Allen would end up as an All Pro either.

One thing you have made clear over the past couple of months though is that you are a first class dick. Not sure what your problem is, but no need to react like you did above.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:49 pm

PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Do you know how few FCS players got drafted this year? In a normal year with all of the Senior games, combines, pro days, and other opportunities for teams to get more info, players like Sterk get drafted. Teams were forced to play the sure thing this year in the draft because they didn't get extra chances to look at FCS players. Derek Tuszka Was taken with the last pick in the draft this year, and he was a Buck Buchanan watchlist guy with great numbers on a the best FCS team in the nation.

You are underrating Sterk.

-Elias P. Harmon-

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:44 pm
PapaG wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

The question is: Why can’t people just appreciate what Sterk did in Bozeman?
The answer is: Some people can. I appreciate what Sterk did here at MSU both on and off the field.
At the same time other people can't help but show how much smarter they are and can't resist planting the seeds for a possible I told you so moment.
How does my opinion on Bryce Sterk’s NFL prospects make me think I’m smarter than everyone. I hope every single one of you can say “I told you so” when Bryce becomes a “great” NFL player. It’s my objective opinion that he’s fighting for a practice squad slot in camp right now on the Bengals. Which he is.

What a ride

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:48 am

PapaG wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Sterk would have been first team all-conference if it wasn't for the stupid rules they have about letting conference champs get first dibs. Plus all the weirdness of this year is probably a good reason why he didn't get drafted. I think at this point we just hope he can get into a camp and get a chance. Instead of comparing him to Allen, I think we should compare him to Kroy Beirmann(sp?) and that's the kind of NFL career I think he is capable of.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:13 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:48 am
PapaG wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Sterk would have been first team all-conference if it wasn't for the stupid rules they have about letting conference champs get first dibs. Plus all the weirdness of this year is probably a good reason why he didn't get drafted. I think at this point we just hope he can get into a camp and get a chance. Instead of comparing him to Allen, I think we should compare him to Kroy Beirmann(sp?) and that's the kind of NFL career I think he is capable of.
Totally agree! Sterk has a very high motor. You can absolutely bet NFL scouts saw him run down QB's and RB's outside the hash lines. He sets the edge well and also respects his edge assignment but also has the ability to kick out. He never really got to show himself in a true pro day or pro camp. So how about giving this guy a chance to prove/improve himself. He has some impressive film. If you make it into any NFL camp you have talent to be there. Just ask Austin Ekeler of the Chargers. Kroy Beirmann is an excellent example.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:55 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:48 am
PapaG wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Kroy Biermann was drafted as a 5th round DE. Bryce Sterk was undrafted and signed as a TE, waived, and now has a chance with the worst team in the NFL. I hope he ends up starting this season. Homerism does cloud reality.
Last edited by PapaG on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a ride

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 am

Apparently so does alcohol!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."