SDSU predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

SDSU predictions

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:58 pm

I'll go out on a limb and say the Cats win in the last seconds after being behind most of the game.

Cats - 24
Bunnies - 23

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:07 pm

Bunnies 27
kitties 19

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:17 pm

The interesting thing about this game is that it really doesn't matter for the Cats future.

But beating a good team is good for your psyche and losing hurts it...

With that in mind, I believe the Cats will have a 30 minute scrimmage before the game, get on the board early against the bunnies, and....

MSU 28
Bunnies 17

GO CATS! EAT BUNNY!

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:36 pm

[quote="El_Gato"]The interesting thing about this game is that it really doesn't matter for the Cats future.

But is does matter. Nobody gets invited to post season play with four loses. Cats would have to win out their remaining 4 games. A loss to either Eastern Washington and/or Montana will likely cost you the conference championship.

rtb

Win

Post by rtb » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:09 pm

I think this one won't come down to the wire.

Cats 24
Jacks 13

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:36 pm

#-o
The interesting thing about this game is that it really doesn't matter for the Cats future.
uh, all games matter.

I think the CATS are tired of the roller coaster and are getting ready to run the table. IMO 41-10. CATS IN A ROMP! \:D/

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

orsalak
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by orsalak » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:06 pm

i keep thinking that the cats are going to come alive and put up some points. Since I am wrong every other week I am going to have to agree with Whitemeat and say we win in a close one.

22-0

Cal Poly Mustang
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Cal Poly Mustang » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:13 pm

I think MSU has a good chance at beating SDSU, but it's going to be a close game. I really don't see MSU blowing out SDSU by 10+ points. They have a good defense, and they're coming off a bye week.

-- Go Mustangs!

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:46 am

El_Gato wrote:The interesting thing about this game is that it really doesn't matter for the Cats future.
I dont think you really meant that, I HOPE YOU DIDNT MEAN THAT! I hope you meant to say this game doesnt really matter in terms of conference standings. You can be damn sure this game matters. One of the major goals of this team this year is to win conference, beat the Griz, HOST a playoff game, make an impact in the playoffs. If the Cats lose to So-Dak, you can throw hosting a playoff game right out the window. That also leaves us with winning conference as the only option to get into the playoffs.

Besides that, its a game on the schedule, and I think anyone would be hard pressed not to think any single game didnt matter.

I dont mean to pick on you Gato, but with posts like yours, its no wonder this program isnt known for its winning attitude.

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:47 am

Saying that....Cats 27 SDSU 17

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:43 am

These two teams are very similar in size, style of play, and strengths and weaknesses. Both are led by big strong QB’s who are the heart and soul of their teams. Both QB’s are known to run (I think Nelson led them in rushing last season). Both teams like to pass often but try to establish the run as well. Both have smaller defenses based on quickness and athleticism and are both weakest in the secondary this season. Both play outdoors so weather and field conditions should not be much of a factor.

MSU positives: Playing at home (typically worth 3 points) should be a big plus. Because the QB’s are similar in style Lulay should have been the perfect scout team player not only this week but over the past 2+ seasons for the defense to prepare for. Our defense did not even come close to pressuring the QB last week and should be hungry and turn that around this week against a much smaller O line. This is an important win for us to give us chance to host a playoff game (I know a lot of other games must be played yet but a loss Saturday would just about end that hope), possibly get an at large bid depending on what happens the rest of the conference season, and to keep momentum going into Flagstaff next week.

SDSU positives: This is a great chance for them to prove they belong not only in I-AA but also the big sky conference. I believe they are not playoff eligible this season so this is basically a playoff game for them. They appear to be sound fundamentally and won’t be overwhelmed or beat themselves. They are also coming off a bye week and should be well rested and prepared whereas we are coming off a draining OT thriller.

Bottom Line: We give up an early TD & FG before the defense settles in. The offense starts out better but misses an early FG and we go into the half down 10-7. As usual, we control much of the second half but only outscore them 24-17 (they get an easy 7 off of either a big special teams play or a turnover). The final score will be a close, but not CARDIAC, 31-27 (3 for the home field and 1 just because). MSU victory.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:05 am

The Bobat defense has been giving up 20 points to most teams, but I think we score more than that this weekend. 30-17 Bobcats. Lets get another good crowd this week as we need the 12th man ... AND EARLY!

This is a another HUGE game for this team (they are all HUGE from this point out) and we only have 2 home games left! Lets get out in force and support out team this week. You only have 2 more opportunities at home to see them and this game is gonna be a close/tight one all the way through in my opinion.

89rabbit
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 89rabbit » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:08 am

Jackrabbits 24
Bobcats 21

South Dakota State University
Jackrabbits # 1!

GreatLakesCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GreatLakesCat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:16 am

I'll leave it simple. I know nothing about SDSU...therefore in my opinion, SDSU has no offense. The CATS will finally put together a laugher and play as we know they can. Travis will be on...recievers will catch AND run with the ball. Defense will push their asses back...sound good to anyone else?

Cats-35
Jackrabbits- 0

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:33 am

GreatLakesCat wrote:I'll leave it simple. I know nothing about SDSU...therefore in my opinion, SDSU has no offense. The CATS will finally put together a laugher and play as we know they can. Travis will be on...recievers will catch AND run with the ball. Defense will push their asses back...sound good to anyone else?

Cats-35
Jackrabbits- 0
Sounds good to me .... might help my cardio/hypertension a little bit :)

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:02 am

As is my usual practice here is the bad news and the good news.

If the offense comes to play, and the defense starts out hot we win...

Cats 34...Wascul Wabbits 16

If we play like we have the past three weeks....
We may still win...Cats 24 Wabbits 21

If We don't get hot in the third period...
Dam Wabbits 27 Cats 17

2024 Resume dominance

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:38 am

CP,

My comment here was strictly tongue-in-cheed for Meat's purposes.

My real look on this Saturday's game in posted under the SDSU scouting thread...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

theblackgecko

Post by theblackgecko » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:20 pm

SDSU is getting better. However, I have to question Lulay running his mouth about the importance of the game before the game is played. (In response to Comical comments.)
Still, the defense knows the importance of this game, and SDSU is better, but it is a basketball school. Wins over DII teams, SWAC teams that fear playoffs, and NDSU doesn't make me a believe in SDSU. Montana State needs this game, regardless of what some might think.
Bobs 28, SDSU 10.

PDXKat

Post by PDXKat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:08 pm

Geck, I think you misunderstood Lulay. All he said was it didn't make any difference who we play in nonconference - we have to go out, play hard, and continue to improve. Kind of like it makes no difference if it's USC or Rocky Mountain. I'm sure he understands our need to win.
MSU 35 - SDSU 10

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:36 pm

theblackgecko wrote:SDSU is getting better. However, I have to question Lulay running his mouth about the importance of the game before the game is played. (In response to Comical comments.)
Still, the defense knows the importance of this game, and SDSU is better, but it is a basketball school. Wins over DII teams, SWAC teams that fear playoffs, and NDSU doesn't make me a believe in SDSU. Montana State needs this game, regardless of what some might think.
Bobs 28, SDSU 10.
They only lost to Cal Poly by 7. Cal Poly is a very solid top 10 team. That's enough to get my attention.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!