Coach Binford ... WBb ... Excellence

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Coach Binford ... WBb ... Excellence

Post by imacat » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:14 pm

I like Danny Sprinkle. I am very optimistic about the MBB trajectory. That said, this is well deserved. Coach Binford is building a legacy.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 391ce.html

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Coach Binford ... WBb ... Excellence

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:04 am

Well deserved Coach B. Nice touch MSU on a great statement.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:15 am

GOOOOOO BOBCATS

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:54 am

Incredibly well deserved! I've said it before, but we should all be thankful that Coach Binford was given the time to build her program into what it is today.

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:03 pm

Everybody loves a winner. Go Coach Binford and Go Lady Cats!!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:48 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:54 am
Incredibly well deserved! I've said it before, but we should all be thankful that Coach Binford was given the time to build her program into what it is today.
We had such a tumultuous coaching situation since Judy Spoelstra left — three firings, player abuse, two team mutinies, some really good players on some really bad teams, poor coaching — that I believe Trish may have earned extra time at the 15-15 mark to finally get things rolling. She had a couple of transfers get in trouble and she learned from that. I found it pretty hard to be discouraged by one winning season after another by high character and high academic achievers because we were not a destination school like Gonzaga and Montana were. For anyone who could read newspapers we were probably pretty tainted. It was realistic that it would take several generations of players to put all that to sleep. But realism rarely seems to enter coaching decisions, so I totally agree with MSU01 that we should be thankful that she was given time, and now has been appreciated and rewarded. I just hope they get to play this year. I am so excited to see the sum of the returning players and the amazing recruiting class.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:44 am

Pretty proud that MSU has the foresight to pay its women's coach what she is worth, and for what she has accomplished and lets throw in loyalty also. Robin Selvig NEVER made more then the men's coach at UM even when he was at his peak of Big Sky Dominance and the men's team coaches left a little to be desired! If Binford ever decides to retire or move on this in it self would make MSU look very attractive to some of the better up and coming coach or even an established coach. Well done MSU