MSU: Stadium plans for games

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU: Stadium plans for games

Post by RickRund » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:37 pm

We just signed up for a new internet/ tv provider here with SUPER fast speeds and they carry Root Sports NW. Figures that there may not be a season after doing that...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:25 pm

RickRund wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:37 pm
We just signed up for a new internet/ tv provider here with SUPER fast speeds and they carry Root Sports NW. Figures that there may not be a season after doing that...
I'm wondering if MSU and UM are creating a backup plan with Montana's Frontier teams. Cases are sky-rocketing, nationally, and deaths are now back up to early June numbers. Montana's numbers are higher than they've ever been, but I like our chances of getting those back down a lot better than the chances of other more populated states. Maybe see if we can get a money game vs. Wyoming, which hasn't been too bad virus-wise. Home and home with UM. Homes games vs. the five Montana Frontier schools and a game at Wyoming.

Is it a great schedule? Maybe not. Does it generate revenue? Definitely. Might not be nearly as much as a normal season, but could be substantial.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:59 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:25 pm
RickRund wrote:
I'm wondering if MSU and UM are creating a backup plan with Montana's Frontier teams. Cases are sky-rocketing, nationally, and deaths are now back up to early June numbers. Montana's numbers are higher than they've ever been, but I like our chances of getting those back down a lot better than the chances of other more populated states. Maybe see if we can get a money game vs. Wyoming, which hasn't been too bad virus-wise. Home and home with UM. Homes games vs. the five Montana Frontier schools and a game at Wyoming.

Is it a great schedule? Maybe not. Does it generate revenue? Definitely. Might not be nearly as much as a normal season, but could be substantial.
Great points and ideas. So who gets to go through the gates? I know a press pass does. :D :D :D

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:30 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:59 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Great points and ideas. So who gets to go through the gates? I know a press pass does. :D :D :D
Yeah, I'm always looking out for myself! :D I'd think if you're from Montana you'd have a much better chance than anyone coming from out-of-state, which really sucks for parents of players. Montanans should be rewarded for doing a good job of keeping the virus from being as bad as other places. Everyone should do what they can, because football is good for everyone, especially in and around Bozeman.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:41 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Is this 2020 or 1920? :D

We're already playing Wyoming next year so I doubt they would pay us two years in a row. They might play us though if we traveled for free (or nearly free). None of this matters if fans aren't allowed to attend. It's hard to see how any school outside the Power 5 makes money this year without butts in seats.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:50 am

The way things are trending, it’s not looking great for having a season.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:50 am
Didn't have to be this way. Other than selfishness, greed and stupidity, there's no reason whatsoever that it's not under control now.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tia. Which provider do you have? I keep hoping for an announcement that Root will stream their programming.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 am
wbtfg wrote:
Didn't have to be this way. Other than selfishness, greed and stupidity, there's no reason whatsoever that it's not under control now.
Well, you can thank China for this. They had the best chance of stopping this very early on and their purposeful inaction led to a domino effect.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 pm
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Well, you can thank China for this. They had the best chance of stopping this very early on and their purposeful inaction led to a domino effect.
Ofercrynoutloud!!

2024 Resume dominance

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tia. Which provider do you have? I keep hoping for an announcement that Root will stream their programming.
Our provider now is Spectrum but we have a small a la carte package (streaming) that does not carry Root. We will most likely go with a full fiber system with TDS. Their intro package will be a 600/400 and a 125 channel tv package.

Root does have an app for streaming if a person has the "basic Root channel" but it looks like it has not worked for a while. The reviews on the app store give it a 1.2 which sure as heck is not a sterling review.

msubobcats@outlook.com

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:18 am

Who is TDS?

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:31 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 am
grizzh8r wrote:
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Ofercrynoutloud!!
I'm not joking. Look at the timeline and research it a bit. Communist China has been pulling crap like this for decades, for this one, they should burn.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:33 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:18 am
Who is TDS?
Do not know alot about them. Company is based in Wisconsin. A growing telecom company. They are also BendBroadband. Close to 1.5 million subs. They are now adding quite a few subs here in the CDA area.

msubobcats@outlook.com

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:35 am

grizzh8r wrote:
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
That's true, but despite that, it didn't have to be this way. There was and still is no way of getting around the economic slide, but we've elongated ours and added way more death, pain and suffering on top of it than we ever should've seen and are seeing. We've handled neither the economic nor pandemic side of this well. I never thought I'd see the day that the United States of America would respond to something so poorly.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:51 am

Our response has been even worse than our response to Katrina.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:53 am

RickRund wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:33 am
thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:18 am
Who is TDS?
Do not know alot about them. Company is based in Wisconsin. A growing telecom company. They are also BendBroadband. Close to 1.5 million subs. They are now adding quite a few subs here in the CDA area.
Thanks, hope they are in Bozeman soon. Checking now.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:54 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:51 am
Our response has been even worse than our response to Katrina.
Just curious, but what would you guys have done differently?

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:58 am

With the benefit of hindsight, our response should have been more focused and consistent with policies more like Italy, Spain, and Germany.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:04 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:58 am
With the benefit of hindsight, our response should have been more focused and consistent with policies more like Italy, Spain, and Germany.
Or Japan, S. Korea... Or just about anyone. We're currently 9th in deaths per million, but many of the countries worse than us have pretty much ended it and it's only a matter of time before we move behind them. The others are just tiny and the numbers are skewed.

But Italy, Spain were both ahead of us in getting hit hard. Had we just followed their post-peak policy, this wave we're in now wouldn't be happening. These are just after the fact things. I won't get into the preparedness and guidebook that was thrown out and vacant bureaucratic positions for things like this.