MSU: Stadium plans for games

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU: Stadium plans for games

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:43 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:16 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:18 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:10 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:35 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:31 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:03 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:10 pm
I heard something on the radio today that kids account for such a small percentage of Covid sickness and deaths, that school should be resumes in the fall. I did a google search and found this article from the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-eviden ... 1590017095

Quote from the article:
“The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported last week that 15 children under age 15 in the U.S. have died of Covid-19 since February compared to about 200 who died of the flu and pneumonia. Children represent 0.02% of virus fatalities in the U.S., and very few have been hospitalized.”

I didn’t look up how college age students are affected, but I would think that they have pretty solid immune systems as well. It would see that the Ivy League is overreacting by shutting all classes down. Spectators are an older crowd, but if you are immune comprised, common sense would dictate that person stays away from crowds.
Plus, kids don’t spread diseases.
Brilliant observation. :roll: :roll: Of course kids spread diseases. But that hasn’t led to the complete shutdown of our schools or economy until this year.

I suppose we could close everything down again, let cases come down again, let businesses fail, reopen economy again, and then experience another surge AGAIN! Maybe we should take a different approach and quarantine high risk, quarantine the sick and let the least at risk build herd immunity. We will never escape this vicious cycle until a vaccine is developed or herd immunity is developed.
Quit being silly. Kids don’t spread diseases. Diseases spread diseases. You’re acting like guns kill people. That’s like saying spoons make you fat.

We need to open everything up, tell everyone it’s over, say people are dying of cancer, pneumonia, flu (that’s probably 90% of the deaths anyway) no one will know the difference and just let it happen whatever it is. Most of the people that have died were going to die in few weeks anyway. Almost everyone in the country has already had it by now, but most don’t know it. By the time a vaccine comes out it’ll be over. 130,000 is all that have died and it’s been around since last September. Only about 500/day are dying now. Probably only about 60,000 more will die.
" And just like that...it will disappear. It's a beautiful thing"! :)
Yep, it's all over. I've completely flipped on this. Time to knock off the masks and distancing B.S. and get back to work. Stop the testing and all information should be confidential and highly classified. All we're doing is scaring good people and making good people act out over something that isn't a big deal. Time to unify the country by allowing fans to go to sporting events, concerts, political rallies etc. with capacity attendance and letting everyone visit their elderly relatives in hospitals and nursing homes.
Finally you guys are making sense! =D^
Now we just need to bring in new administrators and coaches. Or get the existing ones to change their ways. This canceling workouts is headed in the wrong direction.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:58 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:43 am
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I heard something on the radio today that kids account for such a small percentage of Covid sickness and deaths, that school should be resumes in the fall. I did a google search and found this article from the Wall Street Journal.

Quote from the article:
“The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported last week that 15 children under age 15 in the U.S. have died of Covid-19 since February compared to about 200 who died of the flu and pneumonia. Children represent 0.02% of virus fatalities in the U.S., and very few have been hospitalized.”

I didn’t look up how college age students are affected, but I would think that they have pretty solid immune systems as well. It would see that the Ivy League is overreacting by shutting all classes down. Spectators are an older crowd, but if you are immune comprised, common sense would dictate that person stays away from crowds.
Brilliant observation. :roll: :roll: Of course kids spread diseases. But that hasn’t led to the complete shutdown of our schools or economy until this year.

I suppose we could close everything down again, let cases come down again, let businesses fail, reopen economy again, and then experience another surge AGAIN! Maybe we should take a different approach and quarantine high risk, quarantine the sick and let the least at risk build herd immunity. We will never escape this vicious cycle until a vaccine is developed or herd immunity is developed.
Quit being silly. Kids don’t spread diseases. Diseases spread diseases. You’re acting like guns kill people. That’s like saying spoons make you fat.

We need to open everything up, tell everyone it’s over, say people are dying of cancer, pneumonia, flu (that’s probably 90% of the deaths anyway) no one will know the difference and just let it happen whatever it is. Most of the people that have died were going to die in few weeks anyway. Almost everyone in the country has already had it by now, but most don’t know it. By the time a vaccine comes out it’ll be over. 130,000 is all that have died and it’s been around since last September. Only about 500/day are dying now. Probably only about 60,000 more will die.
Yep, it's all over. I've completely flipped on this. Time to knock off the masks and distancing B.S. and get back to work. Stop the testing and all information should be confidential and highly classified. All we're doing is scaring good people and making good people act out over something that isn't a big deal. Time to unify the country by allowing fans to go to sporting events, concerts, political rallies etc. with capacity attendance and letting everyone visit their elderly relatives in hospitals and nursing homes.
Now we just need to bring in new administrators and coaches. Or get the existing ones to change their ways. This canceling workouts is headed in the wrong direction.
Nah I love this administration and coaches. They're doing what they feel they need to, to keep the players healthy. Everyone is planning for football in a couple months. We will know for sure in a few weeks what the season will look like.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:58 am
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Quote from the article:

Nah I love this administration and coaches. They're doing what they feel they need to, to keep the players healthy. Everyone is planning for football in a couple months. We will know for sure in a few weeks what the season will look like.
I agree, but canceling workouts is the first step. What’s next? What are you gonna say if they move the season to spring or cancel the season? Will you still want Choate and Cruzado in charge then?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:19 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Quote from the article:

I agree, but canceling workouts is the first step. What’s next? What are you gonna say if they move the season to spring or cancel the season? Will you still want Choate and Cruzado in charge then?
Sure, why not?

Personally, I don't think spring football is an option. I think it's fall or nothing. Spring just doesn't make sense. Especially in the current climate. There will be cases in the fall, cases in the winter. People will be every bit as scared going to games in March as they would be going in November.

We could literally shut everything down again. Keep kids out of school this fall. Definitely close all bars and restaurants because they've proven to be far more dangerous than Costco and Walmart. Keep kids off campus. We'll get ahead of the curve again! The after Christmas break when we open back up, welcome the kids and open up schools....that pesky virus will come back. Students will get it. Coaches will get it. People will worry. And we'll have no choice but to cancel sports and close schools.

I don't know why people feel like a virus of this magnitude would just go away in the winter when viruses tend to spread like crazy.

Unless we're just banking on a vaccine that is readily available to everyone, that is affordable for everyone, and that is certain to work. If this is the case spring football could work. Except for trying to balance it with all of the other spring sports. That would seem to be a nightmare to me. I just don't see it being possible.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:34 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Quote from the article:

I bet if they cancel the season they'll say it's "patriotic". :roll:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 am

iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Quote from the article:

You guys are probably right. Heck, who needs to work? Who need to pay the mortgage? Who needs to feed their kids? I am sure the government will just hand out more money. No need to worry about our kids educations either. They are fine being taught by parents at home. Who cares if the economy collapses.

By the way, I did try to have an adult conversation about this problem. I wasn’t saying open the stadium up with no restrictions. It blows me away how people are quick to criticize, but those same people are not willing to provide a possible alternative. How about offering an alternative instead of a wise ass comment?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 am
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Quote from the article:

You guys are probably right. Heck, who needs to work? Who need to pay the mortgage? Who needs to feed their kids? I am sure the government will just hand out more money. No need to worry about our kids educations either. They are fine being taught by parents at home. Who cares if the economy collapses.
This just isn't possible. Suggesting there will be consequences from the virus far beyond hospitalizations and deaths is actually irresponsible. Sure businesses might close. Who cares? I know a lot of people are loving life right now getting $900-$1200 from the government every week. I'm fully on board just doing that from here on out.

And are you really worried about kids and their educations? You don't think parents are just as qualified as any teacher to educate their kids? Why? Just because teachers got a degree from a college? That's a little short-sighted isn't it?

Personally, I think we should shut everything down except for Walmart, Costco, and liquor stores and just sit back and collect checks!

Now I see why IAA and Tom are doing this. It's fun! :wink: :lol:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:30 pm

Big Ten likely to move to conference only games:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ports-fall

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:30 pm
Big Ten likely to move to conference only games:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ports-fall
The dominoes begin to fall with the Ivy League and now this. Given where the COVID numbers are headed across most of the country, I think in the next few weeks we're going to see a fast move towards no college sports this fall, period. I sincerely hope I'm wrong!

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:16 pm

When the Big Sky commissioner comes out and says it's 50-50 if we have falls sports. We're in big trouble. So are a lot of small businesses in Bozeman and Missoula. Football infuses so much money into our economy. Tourism is down. Not as many people are going out and spending cash and now no football? This is what is going to really kill us. I had COVID-19 and I've been a lot sicker from the flu. But, everyone reacts differently. It's that way with any virus. To shut down the country is crazy.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:27 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:16 pm
When the Big Sky commissioner comes out and says it's 50-50 if we have falls sports. We're in big trouble. So are a lot of small businesses in Bozeman and Missoula. Football infuses so much money into our economy. Tourism is down. Not as many people are going out and spending cash and now no football? This is what is going to really kill us. I had COVID-19 and I've been a lot sicker from the flu. But, everyone reacts differently. It's that way with any virus. To shut down the country is crazy.
I read that Missoula is now requiring masks in all public places. Will be interesting to see if Gallatin and Yellowstone follow suit. If so, it will be interesting to see if this last-ditch effort has any impact on football season.

Totally agree with you though.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:27 pm

I'm starting to think the season isn't going to happen. Doing anything half way isn't going to work (as we've seen over the last four months) so it's all or nothing and I think the leagues will take the "easy" way out and cancel the season (with a brief postponement or schedule reduction first for PR purposes). Right now the Big Sky is just waiting for everyone else to make that decision for them but the 50-50 comment tipped their hand.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:25 pm

I'm the consummate optimist but I'd be surprised if there are any collegiate sports played in the entire 20-21 season - not just football. :cry:

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:39 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:16 pm
I totally agree. I'm still hopeful but getting more pessimistic by the day. The long term impacts of some of these decisions that are about to be made could be absolutely devastating. We're not just talking about a bunch of middle age guys pissed off because they can't watch football here - there is a huge trickle down impact here. If college sports get completely cancelled across the country, even for one season, how many colleges will shut down permanently? I'm guessing quite a few.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:13 pm

The State of Montana will be requiring masks in public no later than Monday.

Steve Steverson
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Steve Steverson » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Thanks communist China.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:45 am

If a STEM college like MSU doesn't take the science behind this virus serious, than who would? The CDC has laid out guidelines which are very clear that college football would be in the “phase 3” reopening. That means you need to see a 14 day drop to enter phase 1, another 14 days to enter phase 2 and another 14 days to enter phase 3. So basically for Bozeman you would virtually need a month of no new cases to meet the phase 3 standard. There are also serious concerns about the spread of the virus when the outside temperature is below 4 degrees. That may not happen for a regular season game in Bozeman, but tailgating during the playoffs could happen. At the end of the day, I believe institutions of higher education should make decisions based on science, and that will likely mean athletics will not be normal this season.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 am

Easiest way to get to phase 3, quit testing. Problem solved

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:11 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:13 pm
The State of Montana will be requiring masks in public no later than Monday.
We are heading over Sunday after Church to do a day trip to the Plains area. All I want to do is beat the mandatory mask deadline.

Will be scoping out RV Parks/Campgrounds for later trips...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:23 pm

I have one question for all you 'I'll never wear a mask - we should just stop testing and all this will just go away" people. How are you going to feel when you infect your grandmother because you are a non-symptom showing carrier and won't wear a mask?
I'm a middle of the road Republican and I spent 5 weeks working from home. I'll wear a mask if the ask me to or when it is needed and you can test me anytime you want. I don't want to be the one spreading this virus. If we all just do our part I think we can get back to a more normal situation sooner.