Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:37 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:17 pm

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:40 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:17 pm
Stopped voluntary workouts??!??!! MSU is going to get “dominated” by everyone if that’s the case. Choate must be a far left liberal. Trump ain’t gonna like that and will probably cut funding at MSU. Choate has some explaining to do. He’ll probably get fired. Oh well. I don’t think very many of MSU’s fan like him.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:27 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:40 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Stopped voluntary workouts??!??!! MSU is going to get “dominated” by everyone if that’s the case. Choate must be a far left liberal. Trump ain’t gonna like that and will probably cut funding at MSU. Choate has some explaining to do. He’ll probably get fired. Oh well. I don’t think very many of MSU’s fan like him.
Yes, it's looking like Choate is going to be on his way out soon. However MSU will need to do a search for a coach that won't bend to this fake news pandemic. He (Sprinkle, too) seems to be siding with the BLM movement, too. That won't play well here. Waiting to hear from common sense posters like codecat, arvcat, Rich K, cataholic, Rick Rund, and some of our other big time donors/fans. Time to make a stand.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:15 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:27 am
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Yes, it's looking like Choate is going to be on his way out soon. However MSU will need to do a search for a coach that won't bend to this fake news pandemic. He (Sprinkle, too) seems to be siding with the BLM movement, too. That won't play well here. Waiting to hear from common sense posters like codecat, arvcat, Rich K, cataholic, Rick Rund, and some of our other big time donors/fans. Time to make a stand.
Congratulations on another wonderful post. I guess if you can’t contribute meaningfully, you can just try and be a turd. Disappointing on your part since this is a pretty serious development.

I am 100% confident that Choate is there to protect the kids. That is one attribute I Iove about him. I am not going to fault a guy for making a decision that he feels will protect his kids. After reading this announcement, my first thought was things must be really bad in Bozeman. I am looking forward to hearing more about the decision especially since other gyms in Bozeman are still open.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:30 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:15 am
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Congratulations on another wonderful post. I guess if you can’t contribute meaningfully, you can just try and be a turd. Disappointing on your part since this is a pretty serious development.

I am 100% confident that Choate is there to protect the kids. That is one attribute I Iove about him. I am not going to fault a guy for making a decision that he feels will protect his kids. After reading this announcement, my first thought was things must be really bad in Bozeman. I am looking forward to hearing more about the decision especially since other gyms in Bozeman are still open.
So now you're not a cure worse than the problem guy and a cure worse than the problem guy at the same time? You can't bounce back and forth. You gotta pick a side and stick with it. Enough of this Jekyll and Hyde act. So you like Choate to protect players (kids?), but you don't think coronavirus is a big deal?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:31 am

Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

How bad it is here is all relative I suppose. Depending on what side of the fence you sit! As of yesterday we had 346 cases and not a single person hospitalized. I think we're still sitting at 6 total hospitalizations since the pandemic began. 1 death.

But I'm sure it will be WAY worse in two weeks.... 8)

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:11 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

How bad it is here is all relative I suppose. Depending on what side of the fence you sit! As of yesterday we had 346 cases and not a single person hospitalized. I think we're still sitting at 6 total hospitalizations since the pandemic began. 1 death.

No, it'll all be over with in a few days. 8) Choate needs to be brought up to speed. He's trending in the wrong direction with the voluntary workout shutdown. He's a great coach, but we need football in this economy. I'm preaching to the choir, I know.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:22 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

No, it'll all be over with in a few days. 8) Choate needs to be brought up to speed. He's trending in the wrong direction with the voluntary workout shutdown. He's a great coach, but we need football in this economy. I'm preaching to the choir, I know.
He's being smart. Look at the division already. Anyone who dared suggest they didn't want to wear a mask were labeled selfish and uncaring. People going out to restaurants and bars were blasted. Anyone with the nerve to travel during the pandemic were said to be out of touch. Regardless of his opinion on the virus, can you imagine the backlash he'd face if he didn't take these steps? He'd be run out of town. Accused of caring more about football than human life itself. It really is black and white, no middle ground whatsoever.

Unless of course it's possible for an adult to make decisions in the best interest of others, and perception, rather than solely based on your own thoughts and opinions? For instance, as I type this I'm wearing a mask. Do you think I've changed my stance on the virus? :wink:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:30 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:30 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

So now you're not a cure worse than the problem guy and a cure worse than the problem guy at the same time? You can't bounce back and forth. You gotta pick a side and stick with it. Enough of this Jekyll and Hyde act. So you like Choate to protect players (kids?), but you don't think coronavirus is a big deal?
I didn’t realize that I had to pick a side. Is it possible that there is no one sure solution and there might be merit on each side of the argument??? Maybe you would be better received if you actually considered what the other side was saying instead of just constantly demeaning the other side.

If we could shelter in place and somehow balance everyone’s economic needs, that would be great! But that is not an option. There has to be some movement on each side. Have you ever heard the saying that “the best agreement is one where neither side is happy”. Both sides had to give something up. Neither side got everything they wanted.

What are we accomplishing by shelter in place? Clearly cases go down during that period. Unfortunately, after things reopen, you only need one case to start the whole process over again. It is a viscous cycle.

So I mentioned earlier that as of May 20, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that only 15 children under age 15 in the U.S. have died of Covid-19 since February compared to about 200 who died of the flu and pneumonia.

I recall a comment that has stuck with me. This is the first time in history where we have quarantined the healthy, not just the sick. That is an incredible fact.

It would seem to me that there are some measures that could co-exist. Quarantine the sick or potentially exposed. Wear masks at public gatherings. Take extra precautions if you are immune suppressed or exhibit ANY SIGNS. And I am sure many other ideas that have merit.

As for Choate, I trust the guy. He felt the potential risk was higher than the benefit. He took action to protect his kids. Good! I don’t have to agree with his reasoning, but I can fully support his intentions!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:14 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:26 pm

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Really liked Jason Alvine. Gonna miss him

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:10 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:52 pm
Really liked Jason Alvine. Gonna miss him
I thought Jason did a good job. I also think Zach (big tall guy...can't remember his last name) also did a good job and should be able to seamlessly take the reins.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:29 pm

I liked Jason on basketball broadcasts more than football broadcasts. I know it was his first year doing football though.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:12 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:29 pm
I liked Jason on basketball broadcasts more than football broadcasts. I know it was his first year doing football though.
Agreed on all accounts. Zach Mackey (sp?) should do just fine. IMHO, he's got a better radio voice than Alvine.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:15 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:12 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:29 pm
Agreed on all accounts. Zach Mackey (sp?) should do just fine. IMHO, he's got a better radio voice than Alvine.
Was Zach the color guy last year? If so, I agree completely.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:14 pm

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:52 pm

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:40 pm

I had a rough day and that just wiped it all away. Thanks AFCAT!!!

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate