2020 Football: FAQ's

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

2020 Football: FAQ's

Post by BethanyCordell » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:50 pm

Hi friends-

We just posted a compiled list of FAQ's we've been getting regarding the upcoming football season: https://bit.ly/BobcatFBFAQs

We're still full steam ahead planning for Bobcat Football to return on September 5, and hopefully, this will help address any concerns out there. As always, feel free to ask a question here, too, and I'll answer.

Thanks,
Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

mtcatsfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 2020 Football: FAQ's

Post by mtcatsfan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:06 pm

When I click it just takes me back to the main BN page?

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 pm

Yeah I have no idea why it's doing that lol it's clearly the right URL. Try and copy and paste into a window; sorry.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:12 pm

You can't click Bethany's link. You have to type in the address starting with bit.ly.

This link will get you there instead: https://msubobcats.com/sports/2020/6/23 ... ckets.aspx

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:58 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:12 pm
You can't click Bethany's link. You have to type in the address starting with bit.ly.

This link will get you there instead: https://msubobcats.com/sports/2020/6/23 ... ckets.aspx
Thank you.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Here's a question that's not on the site:

Can you talk about the LIU agreement? I've been assuming for a while now that they won't be making the trip to Bozeman so is there a deadline by which they have to formally notify MSU that they are pulling out?

Part of my assumption is based on the public comments by a certain head coach. :wink:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:25 pm

The updates are always appreciated but for us traveling from out of town the travel cost and planning is the bigger problem. I plan my vacations around the football schedule. For example the first 3 games I have scheduled the first 2 nights in Bozeman, then up to Whitefish and then to Salt Lake and back to Big Sky. I try and book my flights in advance to save money so I have to book those now. The offer of refunds is great but my $2000 ear marked for games pales to the $15k I budget this year for travel. I also work by the hour with no vacation do to my consulting business so that doubles my cost for the season. Yes, this is also vacation/fun time but if the games change or attendence is restricted I would move my dates and spend less overall time away from work. I know there is not much new info yet but the sooner we know strongly effects those traveling long distance.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:33 pm

gtapp wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:25 pm
The updates are always appreciated but for us traveling from out of town the travel cost and planning is the bigger problem. I plan my vacations around the football schedule. For example the first 3 games I have scheduled the first 2 nights in Bozeman, then up to Whitefish and then to Salt Lake and back to Big Sky. I try and book my flights in advance to save money so I have to book those now. The offer of refunds is great but my $2000 ear marked for games pales to the $15k I budget this year for travel. I also work by the hour with no vacation do to my consulting business so that doubles my cost for the season. Yes, this is also vacation/fun time but if the games change or attendence is restricted I would move my dates and spend less overall time away from work. I know there is not much new info yet but the sooner we know strongly effects those traveling long distance.
I think many airlines are offering free cancellation booking right now due to COVID, just a heads up.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

MSUBRONCO
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUBRONCO » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:31 am

Thanks Iv'e been planning a trip back to Bozeman this year to go to a game for a few years still hoping to pull it off

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 am

BethanyCordell wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:50 pm
Hi friends-

We just posted a compiled list of FAQ's we've been getting regarding the upcoming football season: https://bit.ly/BobcatFBFAQs

We're still full steam ahead planning for Bobcat Football to return on September 5, and hopefully, this will help address any concerns out there. As always, feel free to ask a question here, too, and I'll answer.

Thanks,
Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
The link you provided just opens a new tab in my browser and loads bobcatnation.com

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:01 am

wapiti wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 am
BethanyCordell wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:50 pm
Hi friends-

Thanks,
Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
The link you provided just opens a new tab in my browser and loads bobcatnation.com
ColoradoCat posted the direct link.

https://msubobcats.com/sports/2020/6/23 ... ckets.aspx

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:36 pm

I fixed the link that Bethany posted so it will work now.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:13 pm

If the games are played but season ticket holders aren't allowed to attend will the school be providing free access to watch the game online? I often pay to watch the games that I don't attend or can't find for free online (I live out of state) but my decision not to attend the games in the past has been my decision. If the school takes that decision away from me I don't think I should have to pay for alternate viewing options (regardless of who holds the broadcast rights).

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:51 am

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:13 pm
If the games are played but season ticket holders aren't allowed to attend will the school be providing free access to watch the game online? I often pay to watch the games that I don't attend or can't find for free online (I live out of state) but my decision not to attend the games in the past has been my decision. If the school takes that decision away from me I don't think I should have to pay for alternate viewing options (regardless of who holds the broadcast rights).
I think many season ticket holders will share your opinion on this. Its extremely valid and I think we are all in a wait and see mode. With that said, I would be happy to purchase some sort of pay per view package if we are not allowed to attend games as well as have MSU keep my season ticket monies. But, I realize Im probably in the minority. Honestly, lets just hope there is football this season!

Hating the griz since 02.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:30 am

Your season ticket purchase should include a subscription to any online streaming ppv option IMO.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Choate mentioned this last month. One of the options being discussed, if it comes down to no fans in the stands, is to broadcast the games on some type of closed-circuit where season ticket holders get access to the games.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:40 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Choate mentioned this last month. One of the options being discussed, if it comes down to no fans in the stands, is to broadcast the games on some type of closed-circuit where season ticket holders get access to the games.
I would hope that if they do this, they include a per game price as well similar to single game ticket sales. They may not be able to get as much per person as they would for a butt in a seat but I'll bet a fair amount of fans would pay 20 bucks a game to get access to the closed circuit broadcast. They have to be careful though, because I would think they risk alienating the casual fan and even those who can only make it to a game or two a year, or possibly no games but like to watch on TV if it's only available to season ticket holders.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:29 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:40 pm
91catAlum wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
I would hope that if they do this, they include a per game price as well similar to single game ticket sales. They may not be able to get as much per person as they would for a butt in a seat but I'll bet a fair amount of fans would pay 20 bucks a game to get access to the closed circuit broadcast. They have to be careful though, because I would think they risk alienating the casual fan and even those who can only make it to a game or two a year, or possibly no games but like to watch on TV if it's only available to season ticket holders.
Ya, if the technology is available to them, I would love to see a PPV per game option too. That would be ideal.
As far as alienating fans who don't attend many games but like to watch on TV for free - I don't think they need to worry TOO much about that because those folks don't bring in any $$$ to the program. Hopefully the main concern is keeping season ticket holders happy so that the program keeps that money, rather than having to issue refunds, or credits toward 2021. Their main concern certainly is staying afloat financially this season.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:36 pm

91catAlum wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
If they actually ended up doing this I think it would be cool if they were somehow able to set it up and play audio from the rowdiest Bobcat Bar (Specs?) there is, and play that back to the field so players get the energy and crowd feedback, noise... :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:04 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:29 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:40 pm
91catAlum wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Ya, if the technology is available to them, I would love to see a PPV per game option too. That would be ideal.
As far as alienating fans who don't attend many games but like to watch on TV for free - I don't think they need to worry TOO much about that because those folks don't bring in any $$$ to the program. Hopefully the main concern is keeping season ticket holders happy so that the program keeps that money, rather than having to issue refunds, or credits toward 2021. Their main concern certainly is staying afloat financially this season.
What about the folks in other states though that can't make it to games every year? I didn't necessarily mean only the casual fans, but the rabid fans as well who live too far come to games. They may be making donations to the program since they can't buy season tickets. I just don't want to see everyone but season ticket holders left with no video viewing options for games. If I didn't have season tickets I would pay 20 a game to watch from my couch if no fans were allowed this year.