MSU: Stadium plans for games

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU: Stadium plans for games

Post by onceacat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:30 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm
RickRund wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:14 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:28 pm
I did read a short piece from a doctor that states the virus is weakening as it mutates... Sure would be nice. Then people would not be so panicky.
Yep, several doctors have been saying this, but that’s not very scary so it’s been determined to be hogwash. Bad sources.

Then there are these doctors and epidemiologists that have said what some of us have been saying for months. They believe FAR more people have been infected and the virus has been amongst us FAR longer than first thought. Of course if this were to be true, it’d make the entire thing even less scary and the death and hospitalization rate almost non-existent. And that’s not very scary and really makes light of things so they’re likely fake epidemiologists and thus more bad sources....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-9-mil ... 00321.html
Our Granddaughter and Great Grandson were VERY sick in late Nov, early Dec. Neither her hubby nor our Great Granddaughter "showed" any symptoms...
Glad they are ok.

I'm obviously not speaking in certain terms here. The data changes daily. But there has long been speculation that this thing may have been around far longer than we currently know. Now we have actual epidemiologists that are saying the same thing. And that millions more have been infected than we thought. They most certainly can be wrong. But it proves my point from months ago that it's not like all scientists and doctors and experts and all in 100% agreement and then you just have nut jobs like me asking questions.

There's a ton of factors in play. I maintain this thing could be WAY worse than I am currently giving it credit for. It might harm or even kill way more than I think. I just wish more people on the other side of the fence would at least acknowledge the mere idea that it just might not be as terrible and deadly as you might believe watching tv every night.
I mean, I know it killed 500,000+ people in the last 3 months, but I wish people would just consider the possibility that maybe it isn't that deadly. :shock:

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:36 am

A fascinating conversation about "next steps" are to be with CV19 that focus on "opening" up with a balanced view on how to mitigate the disease. Dr. Atlas is Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institute.

Last edited by catsrback76 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:56 am

onceacat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:30 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
I did read a short piece from a doctor that states the virus is weakening as it mutates... Sure would be nice. Then people would not be so panicky.
Yep, several doctors have been saying this, but that’s not very scary so it’s been determined to be hogwash. Bad sources.

Then there are these doctors and epidemiologists that have said what some of us have been saying for months. They believe FAR more people have been infected and the virus has been amongst us FAR longer than first thought. Of course if this were to be true, it’d make the entire thing even less scary and the death and hospitalization rate almost non-existent. And that’s not very scary and really makes light of things so they’re likely fake epidemiologists and thus more bad sources....

Our Granddaughter and Great Grandson were VERY sick in late Nov, early Dec. Neither her hubby nor our Great Granddaughter "showed" any symptoms...
Glad they are ok.

I'm obviously not speaking in certain terms here. The data changes daily. But there has long been speculation that this thing may have been around far longer than we currently know. Now we have actual epidemiologists that are saying the same thing. And that millions more have been infected than we thought. They most certainly can be wrong. But it proves my point from months ago that it's not like all scientists and doctors and experts and all in 100% agreement and then you just have nut jobs like me asking questions.

There's a ton of factors in play. I maintain this thing could be WAY worse than I am currently giving it credit for. It might harm or even kill way more than I think. I just wish more people on the other side of the fence would at least acknowledge the mere idea that it just might not be as terrible and deadly as you might believe watching tv every night.
I mean, I know it killed 500,000+ people in the last 3 months, but I wish people would just consider the possibility that maybe it isn't that deadly. :shock:
Ok so it is about the deaths? I’ve been told otherwise. Other things will kill far more people.

Never thought I’d see the day that we shut down the world because a fraction of a percent of old and sick people could die.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:00 pm

onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

Just for my own sake, when discussing deaths from Covid, will it always be the “last three months”? Because what I’m reading is we’re about to enter our 7th month next week of dealing with this thing. And that’s just cases we know about. Some people far smarter than myself are now speculating that it’s been around going back to last fall. Regardless, in the grand scheme of life, with people being born every day and people dying of a plethora of reasons every day, 484,000 deaths in 6 months that we know about shouldn’t shut down the world. Especially considering there’s almost 8 billion people on this planet. And worldwide 9.5 million have been tested positive. Who knows how many more there may be?

Just my opinion of course!

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 am

Bobcatnation is like CNN and FoxNews on one site. I like to come here to get my news and read peoples opinions on both sides. For the most part it has stayed pretty cordial.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:30 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:00 pm
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

Just for my own sake, when discussing deaths from Covid, will it always be the “last three months”? Because what I’m reading is we’re about to enter our 7th month next week of dealing with this thing. And that’s just cases we know about. Some people far smarter than myself are now speculating that it’s been around going back to last fall. Regardless, in the grand scheme of life, with people being born every day and people dying of a plethora of reasons every day, 484,000 deaths in 6 months that we know about shouldn’t shut down the world. Especially considering there’s almost 8 billion people on this planet. And worldwide 9.5 million have been tested positive. Who knows how many more there may be?

There are too many people on the planet. I think it's better to control population by our own controlled means than just letting random diseases draw it down. This disease isn't putting a huge dent in world population so far. For the most part mankind has strived to give and sustain life. We've been practicing medicine in some form for tens of thousands of years. There isn't a disease out there that we aren't doing our level best at curing and remedying.

The world isn't shut down. If it were, this thing would probably be over with by now, but the world would also be in a much worse economic mess. Politicians in most developed countries are trying to balance the economy and health by keeping their countries mostly open while asking people to wear facemasks and physically distance themselves from one another.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:52 am

Cats15 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 am
Bobcatnation is like CNN and FoxNews on one site. I like to come here to get my news and read peoples opinions on both sides. For the most part it has stayed pretty cordial.
:lol:
It really is nice to have a place to discuss this stuff, even vent a little. At the end of the day, we all want a better country and a better life for ALL Americans, we just disagree on how best to get there.

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:05 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:36 am
A fascinating conversation about "next steps" are to be with CV19 that focus on "opening" up with a balanced view on how to mitigate the disease. Dr. Atlas is Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institute.

In order for the Atlas plan to work, people need to follow rules even if they don't agree with them. I have my doubts...

Then again, that is true for any plan.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:31 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

Its the leading cause of death in the US. And trust me, nobody smarter than you is seriously suggesting that its been around longer (edit: some smart people with an agenda might be spreading that bit of misinformation).

It amazing how much disinformation people still take seriously & spread via social media this far in after we all know better.

ButteCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteCat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 am

I say Cat-Griz best of 7 this year.

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 am

ButteCat wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 am
Great idea. Take the streak to 11.

I like to be optimistic but with the Covid cases increasing as they are, even if it's due to extra testing and not in Montana, I find it hard to imagine that in two months MSU is going to allow fans into the stadium. I hope they do and I hope they find a way to salvage the season but ....

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 am

onceacat wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:31 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

Its the leading cause of death in the US. And trust me, nobody smarter than you is seriously suggesting that its been around longer (edit: some smart people with an agenda might be spreading that bit of misinformation).

It amazing how much disinformation people still take seriously & spread via social media this far in after we all know better.
It did start last fall in China. People in the US are saying they think they had it last fall. Fall covers a long time period and doesn't end until late December, so you can say fall and not be very specific. This is something that people spreading misinformation do to gain support for their agenda. A virus can be around and not spread exponentially, so even if it was in the US in the fall, that doesn't mean that a lot of people were getting exposed to it.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:32 am

onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

Some will say apples to oranges and that could be true but there are approximately 16500 deaths from Abortion every week.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:40 am

RickRund wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:32 am
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

Some will say apples to oranges and that could be true but there are approximately 16500 deaths from Abortion every week.
That is very sad, but abortion rates are dropping.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:21 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:40 am
RickRund wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

In my dreams but would love to see those numbers drop by 16500 weekly. Problem being responsibility is severely lacking.

Right now we are on our way to 10 Great Grandchildren. Granddaughter and Granddaughter in Law are expecting around November. Will be a GREAT Thanksgiving this year...😁😁😁

Sorry for going a bit off topic at the end.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 pm

onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

I agree about the misinformation for sure. Do you still stand by your comments that it has killed 500,000 people in 3 months? I noticed you didn’t respond when I disputed that. I have yet to be able to find a single source that has shown this is the case. 500,000 people in only 3 months just doesn’t seem accurate but I’ll be concede to be wrong if you can show me any proof of that.

In regards to people besides myself thinking this virus has been around longer than we know, do you honestly not think that’s possible? Our first case known case was listed as January 20th. We know it was already spreading overseas over a month before that. Again, that’s that we know of. People were still coming and going from China every day. You really are confident that the first case we know about, without a shadow of doubt was the 20th of January? I’ll just say I’ll be amazed if we don’t learn we had cases before then.

It’s like months ago when I and many others speculated that there was probably WAY more people infected that we knew about. Based on our testing early on alone, it seems obvious there were probably way more positive cases. I was told this was irresponsible to even suggest. Now, people far smarter than I, epidemiologists and scientists, are suggesting that our positive cases may have been 80x higher than thought, and doubled twice as fast as we thought.

However, I admit this will be passed along as nothing more than bad information. I learned months ago that anything painting a picture of this virus being the scariest and deadliest thing we can imagine is basically gospel. Nothing can dispute it. Any other information, that may go against that information, that shows it’s not near as deadly as first thought, is bad, irresponsible misinformation. So I won’t argue those points anymore as I don’t know there is any info that could possibly come out that would make those so fearful of this virus change their minds.

My personal opinion has always been if we learn this thing has been around longer than we think (impossible I know) and has infected way more than we think (impossible I know), than it totally changes everything.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:11 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 pm
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

I agree about the misinformation for sure. Do you still stand by your comments that it has killed 500,000 people in 3 months? I noticed you didn’t respond when I disputed that. I have yet to be able to find a single source that has shown this is the case. 500,000 people in only 3 months just doesn’t seem accurate but I’ll be concede to be wrong if you can show me any proof of that.

In regards to people besides myself thinking this virus has been around longer than we know, do you honestly not think that’s possible? Our first case known case was listed as January 20th. We know it was already spreading overseas over a month before that. Again, that’s that we know of. People were still coming and going from China every day. You really are confident that the first case we know about, without a shadow of doubt was the 20th of January? I’ll just say I’ll be amazed if we don’t learn we had cases before then.

It’s like months ago when I and many others speculated that there was probably WAY more people infected that we knew about. Based on our testing early on alone, it seems obvious there were probably way more positive cases. I was told this was irresponsible to even suggest. Now, people far smarter than I, epidemiologists and scientists, are suggesting that our positive cases may have been 80x higher than thought, and doubled twice as fast as we thought.

However, I admit this will be passed along as nothing more than bad information. I learned months ago that anything painting a picture of this virus being the scariest and deadliest thing we can imagine is basically gospel. Nothing can dispute it. Any other information, that may go against that information, that shows it’s not near as deadly as first thought, is bad, irresponsible misinformation. So I won’t argue those points anymore as I don’t know there is any info that could possibly come out that would make those so fearful of this virus change their minds.

My personal opinion has always been if we learn this thing has been around longer than we think (impossible I know) and has infected way more than we think (impossible I know), than it totally changes everything.
Per worldometers.com there have been 507,200 total deaths. Almost all of those have been since March 29, 2020. Looks like about 470,000 in the past three months.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 am
ButteCat wrote:

I like to be optimistic but with the Covid cases increasing as they are, even if it's due to extra testing and not in Montana, I find it hard to imagine that in two months MSU is going to allow fans into the stadium. I hope they do and I hope they find a way to salvage the season but ....
I don't know, we'll see. If the deaths keep dropping as they are now, while the # of people testing for the virus keeps rising... that just reinforces that there are way, way more people in the population that have it, have had it, or will have it... and it will just run it's course like the cold or flu.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:53 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:40 am
RickRund wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

What is even more sad is that the CDC budgeted more money this current cycle for the Planned Parenthood agenda and Gun Control studies EACH, than they did for Disease Control!

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:34 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 am
ButteCat wrote:

I don't know, we'll see. If the deaths keep dropping as they are now, while the # of people testing for the virus keeps rising... that just reinforces that there are way, way more people in the population that have it, have had it, or will have it... and it will just run it's course like the cold or flu.
I like the way you think Catatac.