MSU: Stadium plans for games

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU: Stadium plans for games

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:03 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:29 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:07 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:53 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:22 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 am
If this keeps happening, there will be no football season in the fall.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 226111001/
Which is too bad because if there is no football season next fall there will be no football ever again for a lot of schools.
LSU, Texas and Kansas State join Clemson as teams with multiple players testing positive for Covid. LSU has over 30 in quarantine. Not good. At this point, I am starting to think that games in the fall will be dependent how badly Covid makes these athletes sick. Maybe we will see that people in such good health barely feel any effects. Otherwise, I don’t think we will see football in the fall unless a vaccine is developed.
I agree with you. Which is why we’re in luck. Covid likely won’t make almost any of these athletes very sick. Most didn’t know they had it. Like everyone else, almost none will even require hospitalization.

That’s a stat I’d actually love to see with all of these athletes, college and pro they’re reporting about. How many have become very ill, and how many have required hospitalization? I’d love those numbers.

And I know, I know! It’s not about these guys. It’s about the older and more vulnerable people. It’s about not overwhelming hospitals. I’d still be curious of the numbers.
I am also waiting for the stats on how sick these athletes get. It seems strange that not is not getting reported.
Most” of the cases are asymptomatic, according to the school, and none have required hospitalization.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:24 am

catatac wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:38 pm
bozely wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:23 am
The way COVID is currently shooting up, I'm now thinking the idea that spectators will be allowed in the games to be highly doubtful. MSU will need to consider liability issues and it may not be feasible, from my discussions with people in the (more know than I am) they're looking at a 30-40% drop in incoming and returning student body for the fall semester.

Until there is a vaccine, I'm off the mind that a close to normal season is dubious at best.
COVID is only shooting up because we're testing more..... which means it's likely been around for quite a while and has already come and gone for tens of millions of people in the country. The numbers I'm most interested in is how many people are dying from COVID (most people are 80 and older) and those numbers are steadily declining as they have been for two months.
You seem to be pretty sure of yourself for someone who doesn't know ******. You should give a listen to what some of the experts in the field of virology say. Dr Brett Weinstein spoke on Joe Rogan not long ago about that very subject. You really should give a listen

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:38 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:02 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 am
catatac wrote:
bozely wrote:
The way COVID is currently shooting up, I'm now thinking the idea that spectators will be allowed in the games to be highly doubtful. MSU will need to consider liability issues and it may not be feasible, from my discussions with people in the (more know than I am) they're looking at a 30-40% drop in incoming and returning student body for the fall semester.

Until there is a vaccine, I'm off the mind that a close to normal season is dubious at best.
COVID is only shooting up because we're testing more..... which means it's likely been around for quite a while and has already come and gone for tens of millions of people in the country. The numbers I'm most interested in is how many people are dying from COVID (most people are 80 and older) and those numbers are steadily declining as they have been for two months.
Yesterday saw 267 reported COVID deaths in the entire country (The debate goes on how many of those were actually DUE to COVID). That's the lowest number since March 23rd.
It isn't much of a debate. There are about 150,000 more deaths in the USA this year than normal and Covid is only accounting for 120,000 of them, so there's probably at least 140,000 Covid deaths. There would have to be some other unknown/unrecognized disease going around for most of those deaths to not be Covid-related.

Yes, the deaths are going down. For some reason they're much lower on the weekends, but if you compare weekends to weekends they've gone down a lot. I actually find the increased number of cases to be good news oddly enough as I'd rather know about as many cases as possible. As long as the at-risk people are protected, I think deaths will continue to drop. I like to see all the weekday death counts get below 250 and the weekends below 100 before football practice starts.
Where did you get the 150,000 number? I'm curious if extra suicides, not going to doctor for other issues, violence related deaths with all the current cultural turmoil, and other non-virulent disease related deaths are in that number.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:44 am

seataccat wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:24 am
catatac wrote:
bozely wrote:

You seem to be pretty sure of yourself for someone who doesn't know ******. You should give a listen to what some of the experts in the field of virology say. Dr Brett Weinstein spoke on Joe Rogan not long ago about that very subject. You really should give a listen
:shock:
That escalated....

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:25 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:44 am
seataccat wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:24 am
catatac wrote:
bozely wrote:

:shock:
That escalated....
"The more we test, the more the numbers go up...so I told my people to not test so much"... Trump! #-o

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:55 pm

catatac wrote:

COVID is only shooting up because we're testing more.....
I can't speak to the rest of your post, but I've found the "spikes" related to this virus to be pretty funny actually.

From January 22nd to March 22nd we tested just under 255,000 people TOTAL! And even that doesn't tell the whole story because from January 22nd to February 22nd we tested barely over a 100 people. So we obviously ramped it up.

As of yesterday, we have tested over 27,084,000 Americans. To me this is great news. I wish everyone could get tested. Obviously the more tests given, the more positive cases we'll see. Can anyone even dispute that?

So you'll have to forgive me that I don't shake in my boots every time I turn on the tv and they're talking about "huge spikes", "2nd waves", and possibly another shutdown. It's honestly disingenuous and all it does is cause fear.

Do people honestly feel less safe now than they did a few months ago because we have so many more cases? I can't wrap my head around that.

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 pm

I see articles like this and I think it is super misleading. There are clearly more younger people testing positive for Covid. However, just a couple of weeks ago, a younger person couldn’t get a test even if they requested one. Of course there will be more young people with positive tests since they weren’t being tested before.🤦‍♂️

https://apple.news/AKhsE0-9DROSTj3ZMqeQsOw

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 pm
I see articles like this and I think it is super misleading. There are clearly more younger people testing positive for Covid. However, just a couple of weeks ago, a younger person couldn’t get a test even if they requested one. Of course there will be more young people with positive tests since they weren’t being tested before.🤦‍♂️

https://apple.news/AKhsE0-9DROSTj3ZMqeQsOw
Yep. This is the kind of thing I have been talking about. It’s honestly hardly newsworthy. Of COURSE more young people are going to be positive than a few months ago. Now young people get tested like old people. People with few symptoms can get tested, and not just those displaying every symptom on their checklists.

Young people are still working, going out, eating at restaurants, etc. They’re less at risk so going about their lives. But most obvious thing though, is that they’re getting tested.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:58 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:38 am
iaafan wrote:
catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
bozely wrote:

Yesterday saw 267 reported COVID deaths in the entire country (The debate goes on how many of those were actually DUE to COVID). That's the lowest number since March 23rd.
It isn't much of a debate. There are about 150,000 more deaths in the USA this year than normal and Covid is only accounting for 120,000 of them, so there's probably at least 140,000 Covid deaths. There would have to be some other unknown/unrecognized disease going around for most of those deaths to not be Covid-related.

Yes, the deaths are going down. For some reason they're much lower on the weekends, but if you compare weekends to weekends they've gone down a lot. I actually find the increased number of cases to be good news oddly enough as I'd rather know about as many cases as possible. As long as the at-risk people are protected, I think deaths will continue to drop. I like to see all the weekday death counts get below 250 and the weekends below 100 before football practice starts.
Where did you get the 150,000 number? I'm curious if extra suicides, not going to doctor for other issues, violence related deaths with all the current cultural turmoil, and other non-virulent disease related deaths are in that number.
CDC has all kinds of data. Here's one that show's excess deaths during Covid.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... deaths.htm

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:25 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:58 pm
technoCat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
bozely wrote:

I couldn't find actual suicide deaths for the US anywhere at this point in time but this is why I bring it up:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... us-deaths/

The CDC is also slightly misleading because they say "deaths with and without COVID". It appears they include the deaths they just assumed were due to COVID since they are just going off the death certificate(which might be upwards of 25%). I don't think anyone besides maybe Colorado has done an exhaustive audit to determine if some died from COVID or just with COVID. We will probably never know for sure.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:20 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:58 pm
technoCat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
bozely wrote:

I couldn't find actual suicide deaths for the US anywhere at this point in time but this is why I bring it up:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... us-deaths/

The CDC is also slightly misleading because they say "deaths with and without COVID". It appears they include the deaths they just assumed were due to COVID since they are just going off the death certificate(which might be upwards of 25%). I don't think anyone besides maybe Colorado has done an exhaustive audit to determine if some died from COVID or just with COVID. We will probably never know for sure.
Not really sure what the purpose of this page is because one side of the measurement is pure speculation based on someone's expectations. Giving this is the CDC, their track record in this whole thing from the bogus models to now, has not been to reliable.
I have to wonder why they spent twice as much on both Planned ParentHood Abortion services and Gun Control studies, than on Communicable Diseases which is what the agency is supposed to be about!
Excess deaths are typically defined as the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:28 pm

I did read a short piece from a doctor that states the virus is weakening as it mutates... Sure would be nice. Then people would not be so panicky.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:14 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:28 pm
I did read a short piece from a doctor that states the virus is weakening as it mutates... Sure would be nice. Then people would not be so panicky.
Yep, several doctors have been saying this, but that’s not very scary so it’s been determined to be hogwash. Bad sources.

Then there are these doctors and epidemiologists that have said what some of us have been saying for months. They believe FAR more people have been infected and the virus has been amongst us FAR longer than first thought. Of course if this were to be true, it’d make the entire thing even less scary and the death and hospitalization rate almost non-existent. And that’s not very scary and really makes light of things so they’re likely fake epidemiologists and thus more bad sources....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-9-mil ... 00321.html

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:54 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:27 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:55 am
How much input or authority will the Bozeman county health department have in deciding weather or not fans can attend MSU football games?
The Missoula county health department shut down an American legion baseball tournament, mid tournament here in missoula yesterday for reasons at this point that are somewhat unclear.
Ultimately which government or University entities are going to be the ultimate decision makers on this ?
Someone lodged a complaint against the Mavericks baseball program for violating the gathering/capacity limit ordinance. Funny thing is the Mavericks head coach said to his knowledge not a single health department official even showed up to check if they were in violation or practicing proper social distancing.
While I sincerely feel bad for the kids, that coach has made so many enemies that I wouldn’t doubt that a former parent or player called it in.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:14 pm
RickRund wrote:
Yep, several doctors have been saying this, but that’s not very scary so it’s been determined to be hogwash. Bad sources.

Then there are these doctors and epidemiologists that have said what some of us have been saying for months. They believe FAR more people have been infected and the virus has been amongst us FAR longer than first thought. Of course if this were to be true, it’d make the entire thing even less scary and the death and hospitalization rate almost non-existent. And that’s not very scary and really makes light of things so they’re likely fake epidemiologists and thus more bad sources....

Our Granddaughter and Great Grandson were VERY sick in late Nov, early Dec. Neither her hubby nor our Great Granddaughter "showed" any symptoms...

msubobcats@outlook.com

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:51 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:54 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:27 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:55 am
How much input or authority will the Bozeman county health department have in deciding weather or not fans can attend MSU football games?
The Missoula county health department shut down an American legion baseball tournament, mid tournament here in missoula yesterday for reasons at this point that are somewhat unclear.
Ultimately which government or University entities are going to be the ultimate decision makers on this ?
Someone lodged a complaint against the Mavericks baseball program for violating the gathering/capacity limit ordinance. Funny thing is the Mavericks head coach said to his knowledge not a single health department official even showed up to check if they were in violation or practicing proper social distancing.
While I sincerely feel bad for the kids, that coach has made so many enemies that I wouldn’t doubt that a former parent or player called it in.
Most likely it was someone named Karen....

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Our Granddaughter and Great Grandson were VERY sick in late Nov, early Dec. Neither her hubby nor our Great Granddaughter "showed" any symptoms...
Glad they are ok.

I'm obviously not speaking in certain terms here. The data changes daily. But there has long been speculation that this thing may have been around far longer than we currently know. Now we have actual epidemiologists that are saying the same thing. And that millions more have been infected than we thought. They most certainly can be wrong. But it proves my point from months ago that it's not like all scientists and doctors and experts and all in 100% agreement and then you just have nut jobs like me asking questions.

There's a ton of factors in play. I maintain this thing could be WAY worse than I am currently giving it credit for. It might harm or even kill way more than I think. I just wish more people on the other side of the fence would at least acknowledge the mere idea that it just might not be as terrible and deadly as you might believe watching tv every night.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:04 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

I'm obviously not speaking in certain terms here. The data changes daily. But there has long been speculation that this thing may have been around far longer than we currently know. Now we have actual epidemiologists that are saying the same thing. And that millions more have been infected than we thought. They most certainly can be wrong. But it proves my point from months ago that it's not like all scientists and doctors and experts and all in 100% agreement and then you just have nut jobs like me asking questions.

There's a ton of factors in play. I maintain this thing could be WAY worse than I am currently giving it credit for. It might harm or even kill way more than I think. I just wish more people on the other side of the fence would at least acknowledge the mere idea that it just might not be as terrible and deadly as you might believe watching tv every night.
Thank you. They made a full recovery.
Yes, neither Jess or Payton were sick (dad or daughter) and also neither Patti nor myself, or a couple other family members ever had a problem. So who knows???

msubobcats@outlook.com

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:14 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Glad they are ok.

Pay your money and roll the dice according to your beliefs.....in my case I'd rather be wrong than dead...of course I'm in the danger zone age wise. Only missed three home games since 1967

2024 Resume dominance

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:24 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:55 pm
catatac wrote:

COVID is only shooting up because we're testing more.....
I can't speak to the rest of your post, but I've found the "spikes" related to this virus to be pretty funny actually.

From January 22nd to March 22nd we tested just under 255,000 people TOTAL! And even that doesn't tell the whole story because from January 22nd to February 22nd we tested barely over a 100 people. So we obviously ramped it up.

As of yesterday, we have tested over 27,084,000 Americans. To me this is great news. I wish everyone could get tested. Obviously the more tests given, the more positive cases we'll see. Can anyone even dispute that?

So you'll have to forgive me that I don't shake in my boots every time I turn on the tv and they're talking about "huge spikes", "2nd waves", and possibly another shutdown. It's honestly disingenuous and all it does is cause fear.

Do people honestly feel less safe now than they did a few months ago because we have so many more cases? I can't wrap my head around that.

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily
That's only relevant if your percentage of positive tests is declining. Which makes sense...if you have enough tests to check asymptomatic people, like football players returning to campus, then your positive percentage of tests will decline. Which means that life can return to normal, and we can do things like have football with full stadiums again.

Unfortunately, the percentage of positive tests is INCREASING...Which means that our increase in testing is only keeping up with the spread of the disease. Which of course, is going to cause large parts of the country to not have football, basketball, concerts, or anything else fun until people get their s*** together and just follow basic common sense.

If people use common sense & listen to their doctors, there's a chance to save football this year.

If people turn this into a political issue and refuse, then we won't. Its pretty elementary stuff.