Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AlfredEBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: #41

Post by AlfredEBobcat » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:55 pm

I think you you have to include Mark Fellows in the same conversation with Bill Kollar. Imo, they are clearly the best 2 DLs of all time. Fellows had the reputation of being able to dominate a game and take it over on D. He was as good if not better than Jared Allen of ISU. Injuries from the onset cut his NFL career very short or we would be talking about him a lot more. He was great.

AlfredEBobcat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:52 am

AlfredEBobcat wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:55 pm
I think you you have to include Mark Fellows in the same conversation with Bill Kollar. Imo, they are clearly the best 2 DLs of all time. Fellows had the reputation of being able to dominate a game and take it over on D. He was as good if not better than Jared Allen of ISU. Injuries from the onset cut his NFL career very short or we would be talking about him a lot more. He was great.
Fellows is the most dominate Bobcat defensive player I’ve ever seen. I never saw Kollar play though.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:56 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:50 am
With Troy redshirting this year I guess we can pick this discussion back up. Seems like it would be Michael Jobman or Chase Benson if it's going to go to a senior.
If Troy was playing I don't think he'd be 41. 15 is so synonymous with Troy that when I see the number on a milepost of speed limit sign, I think of Andersen. I don't think Tim Tebow or Bart Starr anymore, I think Troy Andersen. He gets so much attention, he probably prefers someone else gets 41.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:44 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:52 am
AlfredEBobcat wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:55 pm
Fellows is the most dominate Bobcat defensive player I’ve ever seen. I never saw Kollar play though.
Watched them both live and in person along with with Kane. I really can’t pick the GOAT between these three. In the spring of 79 I did see Kollar do 25 reps at #225 like he was warming up! Came back during the spring game and was working out with the team. He was a DUDE!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz