Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:20 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catsRus
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catsRus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:51 pm

I didn't see this anywhere else so thought I would add it here. More to add to the chip on the shoulder.
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zon ... ch-in-2020

Go Cats!
FTG

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:13 pm

catsRus wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:51 pm
I didn't see this anywhere else so thought I would add it here. More to add to the chip on the shoulder.
What did it say? It looked like I had to register to see it.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:44 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:13 pm
catsRus wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:51 pm
What did it say? It looked like I had to register to see it.
It says since we lost Troy we'll have a hard time and barely make the playoffs

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:57 am

Other teams to watch:

Montana State: The Bobcats were in the top five until head coach Jeff Choate said late last week that all-world player Troy Andersen would redshirt this season. Andersen has been an all-Big Sky first team player on offense and defense the last two seasons. The Bobcats reached the semifinals last season and have talent all over the field. Isaiah Ifanse is back to run the ball for the Bobcats, who will have a tough FBS game at Utah in week two. They have all three Big Sky contenders on the road, Weber, Eastern Washington and Montana. The Bobcats win two of those games and they'll again have a chance to make a deep run in the FCS Playoffs.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat80 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:57 am
Other teams to watch:

Montana State: The Bobcats were in the top five until head coach Jeff Choate said late last week that all-world player Troy Andersen would redshirt this season. Andersen has been an all-Big Sky first team player on offense and defense the last two seasons. The Bobcats reached the semifinals last season and have talent all over the field. Isaiah Ifanse is back to run the ball for the Bobcats, who will have a tough FBS game at Utah in week two. They have all three Big Sky contenders on the road, Weber, Eastern Washington and Montana. The Bobcats win two of those games and they'll again have a chance to make a deep run in the FCS Playoffs.
The thing that I just don't understand is that we beat the Griz 48-14 without Troy, we made it to the semi-finals without Troy. We have plenty of returning talent on both sides of the ball, as well as many good transfers coming in. Why do all the talking heads think we'll be so bad without Troy? If Troy had played in the Brawl last year, I could understand why they might put the Griz ahead of us, but the fact that he didn't play in that game and we took them behind the woodshed!! I mean, come on. Troy is a huge gamechanger, but we've definitely shown we can win without him. We played great November and December football against great competition without him. Oh well, off my soapbox.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:17 am

Bobcat80 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:57 am
Other teams to watch:

The thing that I just don't understand is that we beat the Griz 48-14 without Troy, we made it to the semi-finals without Troy. We have plenty of returning talent on both sides of the ball, as well as many good transfers coming in. Why do all the talking heads think we'll be so bad without Troy? If Troy had played in the Brawl last year, I could understand why they might put the Griz ahead of us, but the fact that he didn't play in that game and we took them behind the woodshed!! I mean, come on. Troy is a huge gamechanger, but we've definitely shown we can win without him. We played great November and December football against great competition without him. Oh well, off my soapbox.
I think it is because of our schedule... We play EWU Weber and UM all on the road. Like they say, we win 2 of those (I think we win all three of course) then we will be sitting pretty. Need to make sure we take care of business in the rest of them.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:26 am

The Cats should be 5-1 headed into the Weber game with a top 5-7 ranking. Honestly 3 wins in the final 5 gets us in the playoffs, in reality we probably only need to beat 1 of those 3 assuming we take care of the Idaho schools at home. That would put us at 8-3 even if we lost 2 games between the WSU EWU and Griz games.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:33 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:26 am
The Cats should be 5-1 headed into the Weber game with a top 5-7 ranking. Honestly 3 wins in the final 5 gets us in the playoffs, in reality we probably only need to beat 1 of those 3 assuming we take care of the Idaho schools at home. That would put us at 8-3 even if we lost 2 games between the WSU EWU and Griz games.
We should be at worst 9-2 with the second loss in OT to Weber.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:36 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Actually we should be a lot higher than 5-7, especially if we are 5-1 at that point. The official coaches\media poll should be something like below. All four teams above us have some brutally tough games early in the season and in fact NDSU plays UNI and so does Weber. James Madison has a couple tough ones too. The CATS should be ranked #2 or #3 in the country heading into Weber.

NDSU
UNI
Weber
James Madison
MSU

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:52 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:20 pm
I really think this group will be laying the lumber to lots of opponents. Good things here.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:59 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:36 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Actually we should be a lot higher than 5-7, especially if we are 5-1 at that point. The official coaches\media poll should be something like below. All four teams above us have some brutally tough games early in the season and in fact NDSU plays UNI and so does Weber. James Madison has a couple tough ones too. The CATS should be ranked #2 or #3 in the country heading into Weber.

NDSU
UNI
Weber
James Madison
MSU
I see UNI ranked fairly high in some preseason predictions. Anyone know why?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:24 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:59 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:36 pm
CelticCat wrote:

NDSU
UNI
Weber
James Madison
MSU
I see UNI ranked fairly high in some preseason predictions. Anyone know why?
I think they are expected to have a top 5 defense. Some say it could be the best in the FCS, which is saying a lot.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:58 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:07 pm

No Bobcat related but big Big Sky news.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:26 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:07 pm

I wonder in the 7 year grad transfer will try to play for Bobby Hauck?

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:26 pm
AFCAT wrote:

Huge dick move if you ask me (which I know nobody did). He wasn’t exactly buried on the depth chart with two years left to play.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Cledus wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:35 pm
Montanabob wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Huge dick move if you ask me (which I know nobody did). He wasn’t exactly buried on the depth chart with two years left to play.
He is a 7th year senior. I doubt had 2 years left. Plus, Cal University system going online classes this fall which would disallow any sports to be played per Mark Emmert.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:08 pm
Cledus wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:35 pm
Montanabob wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

He is a 7th year senior. I doubt had 2 years left. Plus, Cal University system going online classes this fall which would disallow any sports to be played per Mark Emmert.
Yep, I see a mass exodus of players from California schools because of the decisions made. Really sucks for all of the seniors...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: