Coach Choate listens out

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Coach Choate listens out

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:05 pm

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Coach Choate listens out

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 pm

Texas Longhorns coach Tom Herman makes a very good point here.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/texas-to ... t-athletes

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:30 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 pm
Texas Longhorns coach Tom Herman makes a very good point here.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/texas-to ... t-athletes
I love that. My family is from the South. I was born in South Carolina and my dad had season tickets to South Carolina games when I was a little kid before we moved. Southern football is a different deal, but even as a young kid I always thought it was weird how the fans there could love a guy on the football or basketball team so much, then feel the way they felt about black people in general. To this day it's my beef with the SEC and SEC fans. So many have varying degrees of racist ideologies, yet they don't seem to mind the black people that are on their team. To me that feels like the movie Gladiator, where blood-thirsty mobs watched slaves and prisoners kill each other. It's crazy that at some point in history, these schools decided they needed to let black players play in order to be competitive, then suddenly those fans weren't racist? I do realize I'm painting with too broad a brush and not every southern football fan is racist, but I do think coach Herman is right in his assertion that quite a few wouldn't let their daughters date a black person.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:02 pm

Thanks for your insight. As a native Montanan, the same observation applies to numerous Montanans and their attitude towards native Americans.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."