Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by AFCAT » Tue May 12, 2020 1:25 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:56 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:25 pm
Hello transfer season!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 13, 2020 9:44 am

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 13, 2020 12:35 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed May 13, 2020 4:13 pm

I can get behind Character, Accountability, and Toughness. I'd add Studiousness. If we're ignoring the "student" half of "student/athlete," maybe Stability, Steadfastness, Stamina, Strength, or Savvy.

"State" is not a value.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Wed May 13, 2020 4:23 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:13 pm
I can get behind Character, Accountability, and Toughness. I'd add Studiousness. If we're ignoring the "student" half of "student/athlete," maybe Stability, Steadfastness, Stamina, Strength, or Savvy.

"State" is not a value.
Its for OWN THE STATE! kick the ****** out of the Jiz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 13, 2020 4:32 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

"State" is not a value.
Wouldn’t “Accountability” work for the classroom too? You should be accountable in the classroom, athletics, and life. The Six Pillars of good Character are: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship, so that could work in the classroom too. State really isn’t a value, so not sure why that’s there, other than they own it. :D

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Wed May 13, 2020 5:50 pm

stevo wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:23 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

"State" is not a value.
Its for OWN THE STATE! kick the ****** out of the Jiz
This. A core value can be anything an organization chooses. I’d add That State also refers to building the team around Montana recruits.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu May 14, 2020 10:41 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

"State" is not a value.
I'd agree that the word "state" is not a value. It has always seemed a little odd to me. But what that word represents is definitely a value that I can get behind. Build the team around Montana kids; build the program around support from Montanans; win the in-state battle on the field; let that sense of pride that Montanans have about their state carry over and become "Montana's team".

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu May 14, 2020 10:50 am

State
noun
the condition of a person or thing, as with respect to circumstances or attributes

"Let's hope the team is in the right state of mind."

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/state

I'm assuming this is what they are going for, being in the right state (mind, body, self, team, etc.).

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu May 14, 2020 10:59 am

coachouert wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:50 am
State
noun
the condition of a person or thing, as with respect to circumstances or attributes

I'm assuming this is what they are going for, being in the right state (mind, body, self, team, etc.).
Looks like we found something that trumps offseason banter! Pandemic offseason banter. \:D/

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:22 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:59 am
coachouert wrote:
State
noun

Looks like we found something that trumps offseason banter! Pandemic offseason banter. \:D/
Don't forget people asking for photos of idle construction equipment parked in front of the football stadium over in the Bobcat Athletic Complex thread!

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu May 14, 2020 12:57 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:59 am
coachouert wrote:
State
noun

Here to please the people! :lol: :wink:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu May 14, 2020 4:04 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

"State" is not a value.
I am desperate for some football / Bobcat related discussion, but this is really a stretch. Are we really going to question something so trivial?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:42 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:04 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

"State" is not a value.
I am desperate for some football / Bobcat related discussion, but this is really a stretch. Are we really going to question something so trivial?
This is the internet, where everyone has an opinion and seems hell-bent on expressing it even if nobody's listening. Given that, you're damn right we're going to question something so trivial!

bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatozzy » Fri May 15, 2020 10:40 pm

Umm they didn't ask for it MSU 01 I decided to post it to show them yes construction is going to start soon. Sorry if you don't like it I will make sure you don't see it in the future.

Rest In peace dad.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat May 16, 2020 7:46 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:16 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

"State" is not a value.
This is the internet, where everyone has an opinion and seems hell-bent on expressing it even if nobody's listening. Given that, you're damn right we're going to question something so trivial!
This seems like a rant against yourself.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:37 pm

bobcatozzy wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:40 pm
Umm they didn't ask for it MSU 01 I decided to post it to show them yes construction is going to start soon. Sorry if you don't like it I will make sure you don't see it in the future.
No worries, I enjoy your updates and greatly appreciate the time you put into posting them. I was just trying to make light of the fact that we're all desperate for any updates on this project with nothing else going on right now in the sports world, but clearly it was not successful at achieving that goal. My apologies!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:38 pm

allcat wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:46 am
MSU01 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:16 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

"State" is not a value.
This seems like a rant against yourself.
It probably is, although I'm much better in this regard than I used to be, especially when it comes to arguing about politics online as though anyone's mind will be changed.