Assibey to Florida

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Assibey to Florida

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:17 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Assibey to Florida

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Dang. I knew he wouldn't stay forever but I'm personally going to miss him. Great guy and coach!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:41 pm

so what now with the regents hiring freeze?

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:49 pm

I’d like to see a former Bobcat move into that role! I know we have Burrows-Mobley on the staff, but like to see someone like Caudill come back and contribute to the program. Have to admit Assibey brought a different approach to the program and will be missed. Going to miss his energy.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:54 pm

Life in Smallville. Rats! I truly liked Coach Assibey. I was just thinking yesterday how the Lady Griz were kind of in-grown with the makeup of their coaching staff. And thinking how we had a nice mixture (Julian came to mind) that pumped some broader ideas into our team. At least we have a rock in Coach Bin, and I am sure she will do the right thing.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:26 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Coach Assibey!!!! This a well deserved opportunity for you. You will be missed for certain. All the best and thank you for the many contributions to the Bobcat WBB program.

https://floridagators.com/sports/womens ... sibey/1180

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:06 am

Well, if you have an outstanding program going this sort of thing is inevitable.

Congratulations and best wishes to Coach Assibey. Maybe he will find some great recruits that he can't fit in down there
in the SEC and can still help out and let Coach Binford know.

Get us another great assistant Coach Binford!

Go Cats!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:11 am

Catlady wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:49 pm
I’d like to see a former Bobcat move into that role! I know we have Burrows-Mobley on the staff, but like to see someone like Caudill come back and contribute to the program. Have to admit Assibey brought a different approach to the program and will be missed. Going to miss his energy.
Completely disagree. One of the reasons we have DOMINATED the Lady Griz lately is because of our diversity. Julian was our main recruiting guy and brought that diversity, not only as a coach but in the players being recruited.