2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:45 am

lv2hoop wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:43 am
Patrick’s Dad here. Super excited that he committed this week to join Coach Sprinkle’s program. We are all excited to join the Bobcat Nation and the MSU family!!!
Welcome to the family!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:45 pm

Got another one-skilled 6'8" guy.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:02 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:45 pm
Got another one-skilled 6'8" guy.
This guy looks good. Athletic 6’8” kid with a nice shot!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:25 pm

If I am keeping track, we have 4 commits and all look legit. One is WY Gatorade player of the year. McMahon from Alaska is super athletic and looks to have that “it” factor. Watch his highlights earlier in this thread. I have never seen a high school kid dunk it like that. He had a break away double pump dunk. Athleticism is off the charts. Shabbaz looks athletic and can shoot. Germer is a 6’7” perimeter player with great athletic genes. Wow!!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:34 am

I think we got 2 or 3 kids that can dunk!

2024 Resume dominance

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:25 pm
If I am keeping track, we have 4 commits and all look legit. One is WY Gatorade player of the year. McMahon from Alaska is super athletic and looks to have that “it” factor. Watch his highlights earlier in this thread. I have never seen a high school kid dunk it like that. He had a break away double pump dunk. Athleticism is off the charts. Shabbaz looks athletic and can shoot. Germer is a 6’7” perimeter player with great athletic genes. Wow!!
Lecholat (WY), McMahon (AK), and Germer are all 2021 recruits, so three commits in that class so far. The new commit Shabazz will be part of the 2020 class with Tyler Patterson, Mike Hood, Nick Gazelas, and Xavier Bishop after sitting out a year although technically he's a 2019 recruit. One more scholarship remains open for the 2020 class, I believe.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:04 am

Griz__00 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:39 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Imagine thinking McMahon has off the charts athleticism. Have you ever had a decent athlete? Try this on for size.
You’ll be seeing this for the next 3 years. Have fun. We swept you in a down year and you ain’t getting us anytime soon.
Kid is athletic. He had a great season at Utah... oh wait, HE DIDNT GET TO PLAY AT UTAH!

But thanks for visiting and reminding us why Griz fans are such douches.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:19 pm

6-4 Pg Jadin Johnson from Millard North HS in Nebraska will be taking a "virtual Visit" to Montana State on Friday. Early next week he will do the same with Old Dominion. Millard is Projected to be the top team in Nebraska this year their best player Sallis (ranked #1 in the state) has offers from North Carolina and Kentucky to name a few. There second best player (#4 in the state) is getting D-1 offered from Big 10 and some Pac-12 schools. Johnson is rated #8 best player in the state and has 2 offered Old Dominion and Montana state, but schools Colorado State, Wisconsin and Iowa lead a list of 10-12 schools showing a lot of interest. I can not find his official stats but I believe he average about 9 pts 5ast last year and is a very good three point shooter. BTW last year along with the players listed above, Millard North also had a player who signed with Stanford. Johnson had an explosion of 27 points last year when his big named teammates were on the bench because of foul trouble. Despite his modest stats I hear he is very high on Sprinkles board. May be his top PG candidate.

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:21 pm

Hopefully he liked his Virtual Visit and will be interested in the Cats. He looks like a bigger version of Timmy Falls — looks super quick on film and he’s 6’ 4”!!!

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:04 am
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Imagine thinking McMahon has off the charts athleticism. Have you ever had a decent athlete? Try this on for size.
You’ll be seeing this for the next 3 years. Have fun. We swept you in a down year and you ain’t getting us anytime soon.
Kid is athletic. He had a great season at Utah... oh wait, HE DIDNT GET TO PLAY AT UTAH!

Once again showing your lack of knowledge on any situation before trash talking. Gaskin was one of 7 or 8 Utah players to transfer out of Utah last season. He was projected to be a key piece of their rotation. As in if he wasn’t going to start, he was going to be 1st or 2nd man off the bench. He left a Utah program with a lot of issues over the past few years, and pretty sure nobody can blame him. Not to mention, when he transferred, he had interest to stay P12 from WSU, to go along with MWC and WCC offers and interest but went with us instead. But go ahead and talk your trash. Make it all that much better when Gaskin is All BSC for 2 or 3 years before playing pro ball.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:47 am

A little late on this, but Jadin Johnson was not our fitst recruit last week to have a vutual visit with the Bobcats a coulpe days earlier 6'-1" Imo Essien from Bishop Lynch HS in Dallas Texas. Last yea Imo averaged 19 points and 4 assists while shooting 38% from the field and & 36% from three point range.. Has offers from Montana State, Old Dominion, Stephen F Austin, Incarnate Word, & N Texas. Getting a lot interest from Texas schools.

Here is some video

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:30 am

Griz__00 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:54 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Once again showing your lack of knowledge on any situation before trash talking. Gaskin was one of 7 or 8 Utah players to transfer out of Utah last season. He was projected to be a key piece of their rotation. As in if he wasn’t going to start, he was going to be 1st or 2nd man off the bench. He left a Utah program with a lot of issues over the past few years, and pretty sure nobody can blame him. Not to mention, when he transferred, he had interest to stay P12 from WSU, to go along with MWC and WCC offers and interest but went with us instead. But go ahead and talk your trash. Make it all that much better when Gaskin is All BSC for 2 or 3 years before playing pro ball.
So my comment above was Gaskin never played for Utah. Guess how many minutes he spent on the court at Utah? ZERO! Here are the season stats:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... istics.pdf

So did they remove his minutes and stats from the Utah records? And you say he was projected to play significant minutes next season? Seriously stupid comments on your part. Gaskin redshirted, didn’t like sitting the bench and left after one year of no play.

Upon leaving Utah, Washington State was interested but he never made a campus visit. They must have been really INTERESTED - maybe a walk on offer from the worst team in the PAC 12. According to 406Sports, his other offers were UC Santa Barbara and JUCO schools.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 963a4.html

Speaking of trash talk, you do realize that you are the guy posting on a rivals website? I had posted a positive comment about an MSU recruit here and you come and talk sh1t. Seems to me that you need to find a hobby besides teach talking, because you are not very good at it.

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:30 am
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

So my comment above was Gaskin never played for Utah. Guess how many minutes he spent on the court at Utah? ZERO! Here are the season stats:

So did they remove his minutes and stats from the Utah records? And you say he was projected to play significant minutes next season? Seriously stupid comments on your part. Gaskin redshirted, didn’t like sitting the bench and left after one year of no play.

Upon leaving Utah, Washington State was interested but he never made a campus visit. They must have been really INTERESTED - maybe a walk on offer from the worst team in the PAC 12. According to 406Sports, his other offers were UC Santa Barbara and JUCO schools.

Speaking of trash talk, you do realize that you are the guy posting on a rivals website? I had posted a positive comment about an MSU recruit here and you come and talk sh1t. Seems to me that you need to find a hobby besides teach talking, because you are not very good at it.
Once again you have missed the mark on Gaskin. He said that WSU was heavily pushing for him to make a visit but committed here as he had already visited. Not to mention, Gaskin coming off of a redshirt year was being touted by insiders and people watching Utah basketball practices as one of the most improved players on the team with an improved outside J and was a projected 6th or 7th man. Oh and by the way UCSB was way better last year than you have been in your entire existence as a sorry trash a$s basketball program. You may as well give up. UM is loaded and you know it. Just wait until we beat you by 20 plus to see it first hand. 21 of 22 to come soon.🥱

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:53 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:29 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Once again you have missed the mark on Gaskin. He said that WSU was heavily pushing for him to make a visit but committed here as he had already visited. Not to mention, Gaskin coming off of a redshirt year was being touted by insiders and people watching Utah basketball practices as one of the most improved players on the team with an improved outside J and was a projected 6th or 7th man. Oh and by the way UCSB was way better last year than you have been in your entire existence as a sorry trash a$s basketball program. You may as well give up. UM is loaded and you know it. Just wait until we beat you by 20 plus to see it first hand. 21 of 22 to come soon.🥱
Which griz guy that was kicked off this platform do you suppose this guy is?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:46 am

allcat wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:53 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Don't really mind seeing confidence but to me this looks like major arrogance. Really would love to see a MAJOR collapse. Not just because of who it is.
Last edited by RickRund on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:11 am

RickRund wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:46 am
allcat wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Don't really mind seeing confidence but to me the looks like major arrogance. Really would love to see a MAJOR collapse. Not just because of who it is.
At this point, the UM MBB program is all they've got left and once Decure leaves for greener pastures, they'll slip, it's happened to every one of their other programs. So they are grasping at straws. I might actually pity them, if it weren't for the insufferable arrogance of their fanbase...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:26 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:11 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:46 am
allcat wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Don't really mind seeing confidence but to me the looks like major arrogance. Really would love to see a MAJOR collapse. Not just because of who it is.
At this point, the UM MBB program is all they've got left and once Decure leaves for greener pastures, they'll slip, it's happened to every one of their other programs. So they are grasping at straws. I might actually pity them, if it weren't for the insufferable arrogance of their fanbase...
Ahhhhh the good old “when _____ leaves you will drop off”. How many coaches do we have to go through for you to see we have one of the greatest coaching traditions in college basketball? Krystowiak, Tinkle, DeCuire, Montgomery to name a few. Won’t be seeing a drop off here anytime soon. In fact, we’re headed up right now. Perennial mid major power.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Lot of mid-major powerhouses lose to MT Tech?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:20 pm

I interrupt this discussion on Griz basketball for a little Bobcat basketball. 6-0 guard Stina Almqvist was offered by coach Binford over the week-end. She is the first 2021 recruit I have heard Binford been recruiting in a very long time. The Bobcats have only one senior (Tori Martell) on next years team and they filled that scholarship when 6-6 Lindsey Hein committed a few month ago. Coach Binford and assistant Smallwood have been very active the last month but all of there effort seemed to be for the 22, 23 and even the 24 year classes. Almqvist offer is a direct result to the hiring Geoff Golden. As I have mentioned before over the years Golden as been a resource for over see coaches to get their placed in US colleges including JC's. It sounds like Golden has been working with Almquist for a while. I believe she played with his Colorado AAU team last year. Almqvist has offers from Montana State, Southern Utah, U of Penn. and Manhattan. All of these offer coming in the last month. She also has about a dozen other schools showing strong interest including some ivy league schools Boise State, Penn State and even Duke has been in touch. She is playing a lot of teams including with different age players in Sweden. One team she is averaging 5 points and other close to 20 points. Below is highlights from the Swedish National Champion tourney Bronze Medal game last year. This is the game that put her on the radar of the NCAA D-1 recruiters. 50 points, 6 assists, 8 steals and 8 rebounds in 26 minutes of playing time. So you understand that while she doesn't an open scholarship for 2021, Binford is rolling the dice that one will open up if Almqvist chose to committing.