Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:43 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:43 pm
Is the public groundbreaking canceled and construction postponed or just the groundbreaking?
From the Chronicle.

“ Montana State Athletics postponed the March 25 groundbreaking ceremony for the Bobcat Athletic Complex, to avoid gathering a crowd, but said this would not delay actual construction.”

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:13 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:43 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:43 pm
Is the public groundbreaking canceled and construction postponed or just the groundbreaking?
From the Chronicle.

“ Montana State Athletics postponed the March 25 groundbreaking ceremony for the Bobcat Athletic Complex, to avoid gathering a crowd, but said this would not delay actual construction.”
Thanks. I perused the article but missed that part.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:04 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:59 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:43 pm
DBARNETT1953 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:08 am
People need to keep in mind a couple of things. The renderings we have all been looking at were educated guesses as to what a final design might look like. I suspect the final product will look even better. Second, while the current project will likely be a 2-story structure, it will probably be designed so that a future 3rd story, with sky-boxes over-looking the field, can be built. No sense providing sky-boxes to look over end zone seating that does not exist.
Well, I hope you're right, but having worked on several large projects and overseen their construction I can say that " I suspect the final product will look even better"...may in fact be overly optimistic! It really does come down to what the design look is settled on as that is the driver. Construction is a somewhat fluid process driven by the constructions design and engineering pieces. So, the person in charge of making final decisions on look and feel can make minor adjustments, but, what you see is what you get...by enlarge.
It’s by and large, but by enlarge works here. You see, if you enlarge the rendering ...

You can hold a rendering up to the finished product and all the details are the same, by the actual product doesn’t look and feel anything like the drawing. Even actual photos often don’t look or feel like actually being there.
Peoples brains work differently, I look at drawings and models all day, and when we build the product it looks exactly like what I saw in the drawings and in my mind, flaws and all. Some people have the ability of spatial visualization and some don't, just the same, some have the ability to communicate well through the written word and some don't. Just because your brain is wired for other things don't assume that others will not be able to visualize the aesthetic details through the drawings and renderings that we have seen.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:36 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:04 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
DBARNETT1953 wrote:
People need to keep in mind a couple of things. The renderings we have all been looking at were educated guesses as to what a final design might look like. I suspect the final product will look even better. Second, while the current project will likely be a 2-story structure, it will probably be designed so that a future 3rd story, with sky-boxes over-looking the field, can be built. No sense providing sky-boxes to look over end zone seating that does not exist.
Well, I hope you're right, but having worked on several large projects and overseen their construction I can say that " I suspect the final product will look even better"...may in fact be overly optimistic! It really does come down to what the design look is settled on as that is the driver. Construction is a somewhat fluid process driven by the constructions design and engineering pieces. So, the person in charge of making final decisions on look and feel can make minor adjustments, but, what you see is what you get...by enlarge.
It’s by and large, but by enlarge works here. You see, if you enlarge the rendering ...

You can hold a rendering up to the finished product and all the details are the same, by the actual product doesn’t look and feel anything like the drawing. Even actual photos often don’t look or feel like actually being there.
Peoples brains work differently, I look at drawings and models all day, and when we build the product it looks exactly like what I saw in the drawings and in my mind, flaws and all. Some people have the ability of spatial visualization and some don't, just the same, some have the ability to communicate well through the written word and some don't. Just because your brain is wired for other things don't assume that others will not be able to visualize the aesthetic details through the drawings and renderings that we have seen.
Yeah, I can visualize it not looking like the rendering, but it never actually looks like the rendering. I’m sure you can visualize what I’m saying.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:09 pm

cats2506 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
DBARNETT1953 wrote:

I have this ability with food, I can look at a recipe or menu item and pretty much know exactly how it is going to taste. This is why my wife makes me order for her at restaurants now. :lol:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:46 pm

I'm curious how this COVID 19 lockdown is going to affect the construction process. I'm building currently in Croatia and all building supply centers are closed except for 2, and the supply chain is locked down meaning that as soon as supplies run dry, everything stops. Iron from Italy is done, grout for tiling is very limited, paint is limited, etc etc etc...! I'm curious what the situation is like in Bozeman and how it might impact the timeline of construction.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:21 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:46 pm
I'm curious how this COVID 19 lockdown is going to affect the construction process. I'm building currently in Croatia and all building supply centers are closed except for 2, and the supply chain is locked down meaning that as soon as supplies run dry, everything stops. Iron from Italy is done, grout for tiling is very limited, paint is limited, etc etc etc...! I'm curious what the situation is like in Bozeman and how it might impact the timeline of construction.
Not much has been shut down here, except bars and restaurants and schools...yet. However, we just had our first three cases (presumptive) yesterday in Helena, so I’m guessing the state will be starting mass teleworking Monday.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:30 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:36 pm
cats2506 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
DBARNETT1953 wrote:

Yeah, I can visualize it not looking like the rendering, but it never actually looks like the rendering. I’m sure you can visualize what I’m saying.
No, I need a drawing to visualize something, words are just jabberwoky

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:06 am

If memory serves me....ground breaking was supposed to be this week...has that been rescheduled?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:02 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:06 am
If memory serves me....ground breaking was supposed to be this week...has that been rescheduled?
I think the ceremonial ground breaking was supposed to be today. Not sure about the actual work start date.

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:35 am

Has anybody drove by lately to see if they are doing anything?
Is the Web cam ready?

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:57 pm

stevo wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:35 am
Has anybody drove by lately to see if they are doing anything?
Is the Web cam ready?
I drove by two days ago. No job trailers or heavy equipment.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:59 pm

I see construction work going on in Helena. Not sure they meet all the distancing standards, but it seems like it might be safe to do.

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Is there very much construction going on in Bozeman?

toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Loading up and ready to go.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:33 pm

I'm betting that there is a 30-60 day hold on any construction because of covid-19, maybe longer.
Last edited by catsrback76 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBARNETT1953
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DBARNETT1953 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am

Last week I found a full set of the construction documents on the MSU Alumni Foundation web site under Resources. This week I no longer see those same documents. I took some screen shots of a few of the sheets and would share those with the group if I could figure out how to insert an image in a reply. When I hit the insert image button it simply inserts the word Image? I am probably not as computer savvy as some of you younger folks so maybe someone can help!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:31 am

DBARNETT1953 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am
Last week I found a full set of the construction documents on the MSU Alumni Foundation web site under Resources. This week I no longer see those same documents. I took some screen shots of a few of the sheets and would share those with the group if I could figure out how to insert an image in a reply. When I hit the insert image button it simply inserts the word Image? I am probably not as computer savvy as some of you younger folks so maybe someone can help!
Yeah. We need an upgrade so us old farts can just copy and paste :D

I know how to do that.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:04 am

Hopefully those screenshots include some elevations along with floor plans. :coffee:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:28 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:31 am
DBARNETT1953 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am
Yeah. We need an upgrade so us old farts can just copy and paste :D

I know how to do that.
https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewt ... 23#p651623

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter