um enrollment

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: um enrollment

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:33 pm

Good for Waded.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:12 pm

It is now public record the Mr Clay Christian, the commissioner of the Montana University system, has tested positive for the Wuhan Virus as of 3/14/2020. Through this single individual, countless people in the Montana higher education system, state government, and many other individuals and their families may have now been exposed to this virus. Some of these people are indeed VIP's in Montana. The press release from his office claims he was exposed at the 3/5/2020 Dillon meeting. I believe Mr. Christian is not being completely forthcoming or transparent on his situation. Mr Christian needs to put aside his hubris, and explain in detail why and where he was prior to the 3/5/20 meeting. Failure to do so should be met with appropriate consequences.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:12 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:12 pm
It is now public record the Mr Clay Christian, the commissioner of the Montana University system, has tested positive for the Wuhan Virus as of 3/14/2020. Through this single individual, countless people in the Montana higher education system, state government, and many other individuals and their families may have now been exposed to this virus. Some of these people are indeed VIP's in Montana. The press release from his office claims he was exposed at the 3/5/2020 Dillon meeting. I believe Mr. Christian is not being completely forthcoming or transparent on his situation. Mr Christian needs to put aside his hubris, and explain in detail why and where he was prior to the 3/5/20 meeting. Failure to do so should be met with appropriate consequences.
He may not have been anywhere. He could have been in contact with someone who came from a place where there are outbreaks. This virus is airborne. He could have been in the vicinity of someone who sneezed who was in Seattle last week.

I may have been exposed and I haven’t left Billings since last October. This past week I had someone pop in to sign their tax return who just returned from from Seattle. This client didn’t even go home first. She came right from the airport to my office. After she left I spent 20 minutes sanitizing my office. It will be two weeks before I know if I’ve been infected, because that’s the incubation period.

This is the “cluster” phase of the outbreak. Where people test positive and nobody can figure how they were infected.

Case
Case
Case
Cluster
Cluster
BOOM!!

We’re in about the second cluster stage right now.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:59 am

Does anyone else consider call the COVID-19 the "Wuhan Virus" as politically charged? Just weird that generally speaking Trump supports have started calling it a non-scientific name that has been used by the GOP recently.

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZFNZ » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:52 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:59 am
Does anyone else consider call the COVID-19 the "Wuhan Virus" as politically charged? Just weird that generally speaking Trump supports have started calling it a non-scientific name that has been used by the GOP recently.
Do you believe that Ebola, West Nile Virus, German Measles, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or Lyme Disease had political motivation behind their names or perhaps they were named after the location of their origin???

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:05 am

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Do you believe that Ebola, West Nile Virus, German Measles, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or Lyme Disease had political motivation behind their names or perhaps they were named after the location of their origin???
Everywhere for the past 3+ months the common reference to the virus has been COVID-19 or Coronavirus. Suddenly Trump and certain GOP politicians start calling it Wuhan Virus and Chinese Virus over the past week. You can't help but wonder why... :shrug:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:17 am

It will be interesting to see how the virus impacts college recruitment. This is a prime time for seniors and their families to make their final college campus visits to make their determination. Additionally investments are way down, which could also effect kids who were looking to attend a private or out of state college.

It will be fascinating to see how it all shakes out this summer/fall.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:10 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:05 am
GRIZFNZ wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Everywhere for the past 3+ months the common reference to the virus has been COVID-19 or Coronavirus. Suddenly Trump and certain GOP politicians start calling it Wuhan Virus and Chinese Virus over the past week. You can't help but wonder why... :shrug:
Because while many now praise China over this, they on fact jailed people for talking about it when it started.. I for one think the naming it is fine.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:26 pm

allcat wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:10 pm
The Butcher wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Because while many now praise China over this, they on fact jailed people for talking about it when it started.. I for one think the naming it is fine.
Not to mention publicly blaming the US for sending the virus to China - in effect blaming the US for a biological attack.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:49 pm

The Butcher wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
That is not remotely close to being factually accurate. Of course, please don't take my word for it. You can see and hear it for yourself.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:20 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:38 am
Clay Christian, the commissioner of higher education is the driving force for this blatant bias. His family has a luxury box in Denny gizz stadium and never misses a chance to root on his team. Time for a change at the top.

:coffee:
He also reversed the expulsion of Jordy Johnson with no explanation as to why. Jon Krakauer sued and tried to find out what his explanation was as to why he would bring an alleged rapist back to campus after he was expelled, but the Montana Supreme Court ruled that Krakauer didn't have the right to know. I would've been very interested to see his explanation. This information about funding only seems to further tilt the evidence that he favors UM over MSU. Does he really? I'm not sure. But it doesn't cast a good light on him.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Cledus wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:49 pm
The Butcher wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
That is not remotely close to being factually accurate. Of course, please don't take my word for it. You can see and hear it for yourself.

Cledus with the #micdrop..

Seriously people, can we not find any more ridiculous crap to get butthurt over? #fakenews

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:07 pm

Thank you, Cledus, for stating the facts instead of supporting the fake news!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:41 am

Funny the clip starts with just Coronovirus in the headline. Anyway, good job finding a 2 minute cut up.
This is much more interesting and funny (in a scary way):
youtube.com/watch?v=BWO6i8cH8SA

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:09 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:41 am
Funny the clip starts with just Coronovirus in the headline. Anyway, good job finding a 2 minute cut up.
Link doesn’t work.

Everyone was calling it Wuhan and Chinese corona virus when it initially started. The Spanish Flu didn’t start in Spain, but Spain, which wasn’t in WWII reported on it a lot and so it was called Spanish Flu. They’re still unhappy about it.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:09 am
The Butcher wrote:
Link doesn’t work.

Everyone was calling it Wuhan and Chinese corona virus when it initially started. The Spanish Flu didn’t start in Spain, but Spain, which wasn’t in WWII reported on it a lot and so it was called Spanish Flu. They’re still unhappy about it.
That's essentially what I read; most of the world's journalists were under a gag order and prohibited from reporting on it to avoid causing the kind of panic and stampedes we're seeing now. The Spanish journalists were the only ones writing and telling about what was going on.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Cledus wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:09 am
The Butcher wrote:
Link doesn’t work.

That's essentially what I read; most of the world's journalists were under a gag order and prohibited from reporting on it to avoid causing the kind of panic and stampedes we're seeing now. The Spanish journalists were the only ones writing and telling about what was going on.
That worked out well.

Maybe if they would’ve had Kenneth Copeland around nothing would’ve happened.

Copeland is a televangelist worth $700 million scamming people into thinking he can heal them of corona virus through their television.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:36 pm

speaking of scams and hoaxes...

hokeyfine

Post by hokeyfine » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:36 pm

speaking of scams and hoaxes...

hokeyfine