Tournament Cancelled (CONFIRMED)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tournament Cancelled (CONFIRMED)

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:27 pm
Ya, no way in hell March Madness is happening.
Just confirmed. Man my heart breaks for all these athletes. I guess I understand it but man it sucks

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:31 pm

This is f'ing moronic.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:33 pm

What am I gonna do next week and the week after?? Gonna have to pretend to work on Thursdays and Fridays!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Really Bummed for the Bobcat women seniors though. This was an historically good team that will not get the chance to validate on a national stage now. I truly think that if they were able to get a 13 or 12 seed, they could have won a game or two.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:58 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm
catatac wrote:
Just confirmed. Man my heart breaks for all these athletes. I guess I understand it but man it sucks
I don't. I mean I understand why everyone is getting forced into cancelling everything but I disagree. I could be wrong, but we'll know pretty soon how much this thing has been overblown or how much of a global catastrophe it really does turn out to be.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:04 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:58 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
catatac wrote:
I don't. I mean I understand why everyone is getting forced into cancelling everything but I disagree. I could be wrong, but we'll know pretty soon how much this thing has been overblown or how much of a global catastrophe it really does turn out to be.
I think what's happening in Italy scares me enough that I'm OK with this happening. I'm 42 years old--I'm not dying from this thing. But if I get around a bunch of people and I somehow have it (and oh by the way I wouldn't even know it because I'm not showing symptoms), I can give it to them. The exponential spread of a disease like this is absolutely civilization-altering. Even if it's treatable and people are in the hospitals, the hospital beds are taken up by Corona patients, and people with everyday diseases can't get treated, so the indirect effect is huge. I'm all for doing all we can to stem the tide.

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:16 pm

I will always think of this years women’s team as hall of fame caliber both on the court and off the court in every aspect.

Pure joy to watch.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Personally I thought the decision to go forward with the tournament, without spectators, was the right move. Too bad the NCAA felt pressured into canceling the whole thing.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:35 pm

Just really sad-especially for all the players.
This little tournament is so much fun. The Big Sky Conference and the City of Boise do a heck of job. Crowds aren't huge, but they were growing, and everything is top notch. I know a lot of people worked hard behind the scenes to put it on.
But wow-our seniors on that women's basketball team...I will be forever grateful that I was here to see their last game together. It was a special moment...little did we know.
And the men's team finishes the season for the first time since Moses was a pup with a winning record! Kudos to coach Sprinkle, staff, and team.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:41 pm

It has to be rough in hindsight realizing the your last time on the court was literally the last game of your career.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:41 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:04 pm
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
catatac wrote:
I think what's happening in Italy scares me enough that I'm OK with this happening. I'm 42 years old--I'm not dying from this thing. But if I get around a bunch of people and I somehow have it (and oh by the way I wouldn't even know it because I'm not showing symptoms), I can give it to them. The exponential spread of a disease like this is absolutely civilization-altering. Even if it's treatable and people are in the hospitals, the hospital beds are taken up by Corona patients, and people with everyday diseases can't get treated, so the indirect effect is huge. I'm all for doing all we can to stem the tide.
The problem in Italy is they have an older population. Also probably too social, they are more into hugging and kissing. Almost as bad as the Iranians licking the shrine.

I am 73 and not really worried about it much. And I am a pretty healthy male so that would be in my favor. Don't really care to be sick but would get through it. If fact we are headed to Costco and another store in a few minutes.

I do feel bad for the Ladies though...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:56 pm

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
catatac wrote:
I’ve actually come around as well. Thought this was mass hysteria over very little at first, but I’ve seen the bell curve and believe the science now. I’m also probably low risk but I have family and friends that are not including some folks trying to find their way home from Boise right now.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:41 pm
It has to be rough in hindsight realizing the your last time on the court was literally the last game of your career.
Happened to all of us at some point, but most of us lost our last competitive game unless you ended up 3rd or 1st at state.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
catatac wrote:
I’ve actually come around as well. Thought this was mass hysteria over very little at first, but I’ve seen the bell curve and believe the science now. I’m also probably low risk but I have family and friends that are not including some folks trying to find their way home from Boise right now.
The number of cases is doubling approximately every 6 days. I'm with you...I thought maybe people were overreacting a bit at first, but I don't feel that way anymore. The thing is, if it ever reaches a point where it really got away from us, then it's gonna be too late to stop it before a lot of damage is done. It's always better to err on the side of caution with something like this. What changed everything, in the sports world at least, was when Rudy Gobert was diagnosed. I'd guess that once that happened, the prospect of potentially getting infected from another player suddenly became very real for athletes in all sports, college and pro. Once that happened, I think the NBA, NHL, NCAA, and MLB no longer had any other choice. I was supposed to go to a meeting in the Bay Area next week, and our company announced today that the meeting was cancelled. I wasn't necessarily real nervous about going to it, but I have to confess that I was sorta relieved when they decided to cancel it.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 am

John K wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
catatac wrote:
The number of cases is doubling approximately every 6 days. I'm with you...I thought maybe people were overreacting a bit at first, but I don't feel that way anymore. The thing is, if it ever reaches a point where it really got away from us, then it's gonna be too late to stop it before a lot of damage is done. It's always better to err on the side of caution with something like this. What changed everything, in the sports world at least, was when Rudy Gobert was diagnosed. I'd guess that once that happened, the prospect of potentially getting infected from another player suddenly became very real for athletes in all sports, college and pro. Once that happened, I think the NBA, NHL, NCAA, and MLB no longer had any other choice. I was supposed to go to a meeting in the Bay Area next week, and our company announced today that the meeting was cancelled. I wasn't necessarily real nervous about going to it, but I have to confess that I was sorta relieved when they decided to cancel it.
Yeah we've already cancelled an all team meeting of almost 100 people that was supposed to take place mid-April in Spokane.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Not sure how this will work.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Good news. At a minimum there would need to be temporary expansions to roster sizes to accommodate the unexpectedly returning seniors without negatively affecting incoming freshman recruits