Thank You Montana State WBB!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Thank You Montana State WBB!

Post by Ilikecats » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:46 pm

It’s become clear that we’ve seen this team play it’s last game. I think it’s important that we cherish this special season and although there’s disappointment that we won’t be able to see you compete in the NCAA’s, I feel that you're the Best team in Montana State history! Best of Luck to a very special senior class and looking forward to seeing our returning players and freshmen next season! Go Cats Go!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Re: Thank You Montana State WBB!

Post by 77matcat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Hear Hear

Well put.

I wonder if we can claim to be 1/32 nds of the title.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Agreed! What a great & historic season. This team should go into the Bobcat Hall of Fame sooner rather than later.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:55 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:46 pm
It’s become clear that we’ve seen this team play it’s last game. I think it’s important that we cherish this special season and although there’s disappointment that we won’t be able to see you compete in the NCAA’s, I feel that you're the Best team in Montana State history! Best of Luck to a very special senior class and looking forward to seeing our returning players and freshmen next season! Go Cats Go!
Great post. My wife and I had more fun watching this team play all year than we have in quite some time cheering on Bobcat teams. The seniors are a special group. Adding Darian, Madison, and Kola as freshman to this group added lots of energy. But overall, they really exhibited great teamwork and a love for each other that was special. Thanks for giving us so much enjoyment!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:20 pm

I am no spring chicken and I am hard pressed to remember any sports team, at any level, that was so fun to watch as this Ladies team! You all have done THE Montana State University proud \:D/

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:46 pm

I can’t say it any better than the previous postings. Thank you so much. It has been a fantastic ride. I am so proud you represent Montana State University. CHAMPIONS in every sense of the word. GO CATS!!

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm

I am still hoping for "April Madness" or "May Madness" but I guess that is wishful thinking

aucat

Post by aucat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:31 pm

aucat wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm
I am still hoping for "April Madness" or "May Madness" but I guess that is wishful thinking
Wow, guess everything is cancelled through the spring.

Well as far as I'm concerned, the women ended up at the top of the mountain.
when things calm down eventually, we need to hold a celebration for them

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:47 pm

aucat wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:31 pm
aucat wrote:

A lot of talk on the football board about retiring #15 for Troy Andersen. With smaller rosters and many more numbers available in basketball, I wonder if it wouldn't be appropriate to hang numbers 15, 24, 33, 35, and 44 in the rafters to honor the historic team that never got the chance to see just how far they could go.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:51 pm

Great comments by all. I’m not sure the team will see these.

Can I suggest something? How about drafting your own personal letter or email......and emailing it to Trish to share with the team at their post season dinner coming up in May. I am going to do that trying to recognize the entire staff, seniors, freshmen, practice squad (red shirts), trainers etc etc etc all that contribute to the team success.

Just an idea. I really feel for this team and crew that put in so much work and aren’t able to close it out due to reasons beyond their control.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:06 am

Thank you, Bobcat women’s basketball, for the happiness, excitement, and pure joy that you gave us this winter. As a PlutoTV couple, Thursday dinner and Saturdays were planned so as not to miss a game. I copied the men’s game so we could watch the women — we just had to watch them in real time!

The personality of the team was contagious. The way they truly cheered for each other. The Madeline/Blaire tandem, which should have been named all-conference as a tandem! Oliana and Martha. How the team and Tori picked it up when Oliana got hurt — and how they absolutely exploded for four games soon after her return. And Fallyn, a leader with a unique story, getting a year to merge in and be one of the gang and fulfill her dream of how college basketball should be. And Kola and Madison growing up as players game by game. And to top it all off with Darian — no words. And not to forget Sidney and Gabby and the two redshirts who worked hard to keep them all on their toes. An amazing year as that winning streak just went on and on ... to who knows.

An exemplary group of young women, on the court and off the court.

And my last tip of the hat to Coach Bin and the other coaches who not only allowed, but encouraged this team to play with a lightness of spirit — and, horrors, to have fun!!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:07 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:51 pm

Can I suggest something? How about drafting your own personal letter or email......and emailing it to Trish to share with the team at their post season dinner coming up in May. I am going to do that trying to recognize the entire staff, seniors, freshmen, practice squad (red shirts), trainers etc etc etc all that contribute to the team success.

Just an idea. I really feel for this team and crew that put in so much work and aren’t able to close it out due to reasons beyond their control.
That is a really good idea. I sent just such an email to Coach as soon as I heard the news this morning.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:07 am
BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:51 pm

That is a really good idea. I sent just such an email to Coach as soon as I heard the news this morning.
Bethany Cordell....if you are reading this. Perhaps you could organize gathering all the letters and email and put them in a scrap book or online document to share with the ladies. Give em some Bobcat Nation Love!

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:21 am

I just realized that I have nothing to do from 1pm to 3pm today! 😥😢
Going to be a tough day without MSU WBB to watch! I’m going to just watch past games on Pluto and act like I don’t know we won!
I know cancelling the tourney is the right thing to do, but theres going to be a major void without March madness! I had us beating UCONN in the first round! 😂

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:29 am

It’s not altogether unlikely that the seniors will get another year of eligibility. No way to make up for what’s been lost, but I think that’d be a very nice consolation.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:47 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:29 am
It’s not altogether unlikely that the seniors will get another year of eligibility. No way to make up for what’s been lost, but I think that’d be a very nice consolation.
That would be a very nice gesture from the NCAA! I imagine most would pass on it because why stay in school another full year if you're done. But still, it's a great idea!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:28 am

Thanks Ladies. It's been a blast watching you this year and in past years.!! Good luck seniors!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:31 am

aucat wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:31 pm
aucat wrote:

Absolutely need to have some kind of public celebration. Not just the basketball awards banquet either.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Absolutely a pleasure watching them this year, one of the best teams in any sport at MSU I've had the pleasure of watching.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NorthernPlains » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:54 pm

No doubt the best MSU women's team ever. Unfortunate we will never know if they could have won a game in the tournament.

I think it is over the top to be enshrining their jersey numbers in the Fieldhouse, but it would be very appropriate to reach out to coach Binford and offer her your thoughts. Anyway, good job ladies on what you did accomplish!