Troy Andersen pegged as a top 10 choice for Buck award

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Andersen pegged as a top 10 choice for Buck award

Post by coloradocat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:09 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:05 pm
This is the most excited I've ever seen a message board about news that a player may miss most or all of a season due to injury, but it's easy to see the potential upside given the new 4-game redshirt rule.

Are these rumors legit, or coming from the same reliable sources that had Ifanse transferring out after refusing to play last year? We shall see...
Isn't the offseason fun?! :rofl:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:32 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:27 pm
They also have Robbie Hauck on the list. :roll:
I can’t even begin to tell you how bad Hauck was in the Cat-Griz game. If he wasn’t taking bad angles and missing tackles, he was dishing out cheap hits. He was credited with 12 “tackles” and a forced fumble, but he didn’t force it. He didn’t stop anyone in their tracks on any of his “tackles.” Most of his tackles were either tack ons or him getting knocked back as he gave up additional yards.

Maybe he was just having a bad day, but I noticed a few cheap shots in the Weber playoff game.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:58 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:32 am
AFCAT wrote:
I can’t even begin to tell you how bad Hauck was in the Cat-Griz game. If he wasn’t taking bad angles and missing tackles, he was dishing out cheap hits. He was credited with 12 “tackles” and a forced fumble, but he didn’t force it. He didn’t stop anyone in their tracks on any of his “tackles.” Most of his tackles were either tack ons or him getting knocked back as he gave up additional yards.

Maybe he was just having a bad day, but I noticed a few cheap shots in the Weber playoff game.
I saw him out kicking field goals yesterday I think they're trying to see if he can be at his special teams kicker. Also saw him in the gym working out with Frey, he may replace frey next year

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:05 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:58 pm
iaafan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I saw him out kicking field goals yesterday I think they're trying to see if he can be at his special teams kicker. Also saw him in the gym working out with Frey, he may replace frey next year
Wouldn't basketball interfere with his indoor track schedule?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:07 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:05 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:58 pm
iaafan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Wouldn't basketball interfere with his indoor track schedule?
not really he would just miss like one day or so of the week before the indoor championships outdoor championships would be fine

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 pm

So let’s say the rumors are true and he wants to sit out. And we use him cat griz. I have to assume he would be not only the first player to ever play 5 cat griz games but possibly the first player to ever play 5 rivalry games in D1 football ?

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:54 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 pm
So let’s say the rumors are true and he wants to sit out. And we use him cat griz. I have to assume he would be not only the first player to ever play 5 cat griz games but possibly the first player to ever play 5 rivalry games in D1 football ?
Never mind just remembered he didn’t play this year ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:23 am

Great example of Troy's character and he has some intriguing comments.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."