WBB Big Sky Season Awards

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: WBB Big Sky Season Awards

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:52 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:29 am
Disappointed is all I can say. My ladies Smith and Braxton totally ignored. UUUUUGH!

And I will take Darian or Oli over Johnston on first team any day any time. Darian sitting as an afterthought in the Honorable Mention category... NO WAY!

I hope the girls just pound them in the tourney if they get the chance to play em.

OK.... I am out of here. I am going to go sulk... get in the car and drive to Boise.... so I have 7 hours or so to get over it.
I’m not sure where this team would be without Smith and Braxton. Bethany, can you give us a clarification on how the process works? Is Binford limited on nominations? Did she not nominate our two bigs? I can’t understand how they both could be ignored! Two record setting Bobcats careers and not even an honorable mention? I can’t blame it on the conference. I hate these all conference teams being all about Guards. Sends a bad message about where basketball is going.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:13 pm

BobcatDel wrote: I love Martha as part of this great team, just trying to clarify the 3-pt conversation.
Yup, you are right as always. I did that from memory, which should be a no-no. Tori shot 2.5 times as many 3s, and was the most accurate in conference (.441), while Martha was second (.432). I just noticed that Martha was also second only to Darian in trips to the foul line (86-80) in conference and overall (119-107). The free-throw shooting was definitely her Achilles heel when she had that many opportunities. But I was surprised she was second (quiet stats) and another reason I just wanted to show her a little love here on the board, as she won’t get much anywhere else. We’ll miss her contributions.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:24 pm

And I agree heartily about Smith and Braxton. It comes down to too many awards to one team rather than performance. They absolutely dominated the glass at times, as well as interior defense. How the team can out-rebound the conference by that much and two of the leading perpetrators not even get a tip of the hat is beyond me. I guess we’re going to have to have our own awards show. 🏆 🏆 🏆

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:39 pm

Apparently centers need not apply. Our two centers are snubbed. The only center recognized was Bella Cravens of EWU as an honorable mention. Seriously Cravens over Braxton and Smith? That's just not right.

Darian White-Freshman of the Year-okay. But only honorable mention? Beyoncé Bea of UI who is a freshmen is 3rd team? That makes no sense. Last year UI got two players on the first team, deservedly so, but this year MSU wins the league by 4 games and only gets one player on the first team? That's out-of-whack.

I hope the team can use this for extra motivation this week.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:31 pm

Well this year’s awards are rather perplexing. We all had Darian White as freshman of the year but only honorable mention all–conference? Given there are TEN & 1/2 guards (including a freshman) on the all-conference team ahead of her, this doesn’t pass the smell test at all. There’s either some serious politicking going on or 3 point shooting, Darian’s only weakness, weighs heavily on who makes the teams.

Here’s to Braxton, Kuderer, & Smith having their best three games of their lives & White putting the pick pocket all the guards she encounters in this tourney!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 pm

If this team has any competitive spirit, this is the biggest psychological boost that they could get. If they can get all fired up because they should be for a tournament...just think of how fired up they will be if they have retribution on their mind!

2024 Resume dominance

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 pm

If this team has any competitive spirit, this is the biggest psychological boost that they could get. If they can get all fired up because they should be for a tournament...just think of how fired up they will be if they have retribution on their mind!

2024 Resume dominance

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:22 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:39 pm
Apparently centers need not apply. Our two centers are snubbed. The only center recognized was Bella Cravens of EWU as an honorable mention. Seriously Cravens over Braxton and Smith? That's just not right.

Darian White-Freshman of the Year-okay. But only honorable mention? Beyoncé Bea of UI who is a freshmen is 3rd team? That makes no sense. Last year UI got two players on the first team, deservedly so, but this year MSU wins the league by 4 games and only gets one player on the first team? That's out-of-whack.

I’m not going to rant. I’m not going to rant, but how does Blair not even get nominated for top reserve? I’m sure she’ll take a championship ring over individual honors, but you have to admit this was a major oversight. I can’t wait for Friday night!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:05 am

Catlady wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:22 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:39 pm

I’m not going to rant. I’m not going to rant, but how does Blair not even get nominated for top reserve? I’m sure she’ll take a championship ring over individual honors, but you have to admit this was a major oversight. I can’t wait for Friday night!
Listened to Coach Binford's presser. She was only able to nominate one player for top reserve, and went with Tori who ended up winning it. We probably had the best two reserves in the conference.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz