Bobcat Triangle Classic

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Bobcat Triangle Classic

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:45 pm

Well, its almost spring again, time for the Bobcat Triangle Classic. Almost. I'm looking for answers, after last years, and I mean LAST, debacle.
In 2019, there was a ton of snow on the ground, then Lou Costello thought the event could be better managed by Bozeman, or so the story goes. The Three Amingo Bobcat Alum/Boosters(and I mean that with respect to these guys) who did all the work, evidently told Lou to pound sand, and the even was canceled. Scott Mansch, Sports Editor for the Tribune, interviewed the three figures. Softball questions, softball answers. This wasn't the Washington Posts expose of the Pentagon Papers, but could have been big in Montana. There was mention of some friction within the Great Falls Boosters prior to the implosion. No digging for answers, Mansch let it drop, then, the former Bobcat beat reported for the Tribune retired. But, then, we are talking about the Great Falls Tribune, which was circling the bowl, and continues its downward spiral to this day.
Does anyone really know what happened? Did Lou offer his mea culpa? This was a big fund raiser for Bobcat Athletics, and now its GONE!

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Triangle Classic

Post by coachouert » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:46 pm

Who the hell is Lou? What the hell did I just read?

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:52 pm

coachouert wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:46 pm
Who the hell is Lou? What the hell did I just read?
This is a Griz troll who pops up from time to time, and apparently Happy Hour starts early on Fridays for him.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mexican Beer Flu. He should probably be quarantined from the site.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:03 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:45 pm
Well, its almost spring again, time for the Bobcat Triangle Classic. Almost. I'm looking for answers, after last years, and I mean LAST, debacle.
In 2019, there was a ton of snow on the ground, then Lou Costello thought the event could be better managed by Bozeman, or so the story goes. The Three Amingo Bobcat Alum/Boosters(and I mean that with respect to these guys) who did all the work, evidently told Lou to pound sand, and the even was canceled. Scott Mansch, Sports Editor for the Tribune, interviewed the three figures. Softball questions, softball answers. This wasn't the Washington Posts expose of the Pentagon Papers, but could have been big in Montana. There was mention of some friction within the Great Falls Boosters prior to the implosion. No digging for answers, Mansch let it drop, then, the former Bobcat beat reported for the Tribune retired. But, then, we are talking about the Great Falls Tribune, which was circling the bowl, and continues its downward spiral to this day.
Does anyone really know what happened? Did Lou offer his mea culpa? This was a big fund raiser for Bobcat Athletics, and now its GONE!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:05 pm

Shame on me, I should have remembered, but then again, not shocking I didn't.
3-7-77 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:14 pm
Griz NC in '19! \:D/
coachouert wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:44 pm
3-7-77 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:55 pm
Lipstick.
Recognize the shade from your wife?

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Typical. You could have just answered the question.

Q: Do you know what happened?
A: No.
Q: Do you care?
A: No. I just go along to get along. I'm important on BN. Shhh! :lol:

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:31 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:21 pm
Typical. You could have just answered the question.

Q: Do you know what happened?
A: No.
Q: Do you care?
A: No. I just go along to get along. I'm important on BN. Shhh! :lol:
Fair enough. Here's my answers and follow up questions.

A from coach: No, I don't know what happened. It is adorable that you are so concerned about it.
Q from coach: Could you have asked in a less douchey fashion?
A from 3-douche-nozzle-77: Yes, I could have, but I'm a douche nozzle griz troll who can't write in coherent sentences.
Q from coach: how did that NC in 2019 work out?
A from 3-douche-nozzle-77: But, but, but RTD.
A from coach: 48-14.

Have a good weekend, little brother!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Do you, any of you, have any idea of how many scat trolls infest eGriz? I think you DO, as many of you are the same trolls, under a different username. I come on BN to ****** in your pool. My outhouse. Feels good! I'll leave BN forever when scat trolls leave eGriz. Until then... [-X
Clean up your own act.
https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewt ... 10#p669110

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:48 pm

What’s with griz fans and their obsession with changing names?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:33 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:48 pm
What’s with griz fans and their obsession with changing names?
It’s because their old user names keep getting banned.😂

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:24 pm

It is interesting that when the three MSU alums, that were the driving force behind the event, decided they had had enough and walked away, NOBODY picked up the leadership roles vacated by their departure. Guess there is more to this thing than just copying what they did and continue the success of the Classic. I thought that Billings, Butte, Kalispell, or even Gallatin Valley alums would pick up the ball(no pun intended) and the Classic would continue, albeit in another town. The Golden Goose would continue to pump cash into the MSU coffers. I am unaware of the dollar amounts which were yearly sent to Bozeman during the years of the Classic, but it is more than the $0 sent last year and this year. The proposition that 'Bozeman' (insert Costello in place of Bozeman) could manage the event better blew up in Lou's face(yes, I do know his real name, but until the truth comes out without any spin I will refer to him as Lou Costello, one of my favorite all time comedians by the way). I thought that by now, with a year since the rift, that the truth was ready to come out. Lou could simply say, 'Yeah, I ****** up and cost MSU $XXXXXX each year the Classic went way.' If that isn't the way it went down, then tell the truth. If Lou wasn't the one who blew it up, then WHOM?
BN is great for spin. Deny the obvious, change the subject, make counter accusations, whatever. A lot like Bill Clinton politics. There is always the old standard, '...he's just a Griz troll...' to deflect the question(s) asked. Maybe one or two of you could actually ask these questions and get to the truth. I would be asking the same questions if it wasn't a MSU bungle, but rather a UM bungle.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:30 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:33 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:24 pm
It is interesting that when the three MSU alums, that were the driving force behind the event, decided they had had enough and walked away, NOBODY picked up the leadership roles vacated by their departure. Guess there is more to this thing than just copying what they did and continue the success of the Classic. I thought that Billings, Butte, Kalispell, or even Gallatin Valley alums would pick up the ball(no pun intended) and the Classic would continue, albeit in another town. The Golden Goose would continue to pump cash into the MSU coffers. I am unaware of the dollar amounts which were yearly sent to Bozeman during the years of the Classic, but it is more than the $0 sent last year and this year. The proposition that 'Bozeman' (insert Costello in place of Bozeman) could manage the event better blew up in Lou's face(yes, I do know his real name, but until the truth comes out without any spin I will refer to him as Lou Costello, one of my favorite all time comedians by the way). I thought that by now, with a year since the rift, that the truth was ready to come out. Lou could simply say, 'Yeah, I ****** up and cost MSU $XXXXXX each year the Classic went way.' If that isn't the way it went down, then tell the truth. If Lou wasn't the one who blew it up, then WHOM?
BN is great for spin. Deny the obvious, change the subject, make counter accusations, whatever. A lot like Bill Clinton politics. There is always the old standard, '...he's just a Griz troll...' to deflect the question(s) asked. Maybe one or two of you could actually ask these questions and get to the truth. I would be asking the same questions if it wasn't a MSU bungle, but rather a UM bungle.
Fake news! You have brought zero factual evidence. Only rumor and conjecture. You have zero idea whether any money was actually made on that event. You do realize that the speaker alone for those events can cost upwards of $20,000. It also costs a ton of money to transport, house and feed the football players for spring drills that were part of the event. And the dinner and facility is not free. Lots went into the event. In the meantime, Costello has only successfully oversaw the single largest athletic fund raising effort in our schools history with the athletic center. He has helped implement other fund raising efforts like day of giving that raised $30,000 in 24 hours. Other fundraising events such as online auctions have easily raised $100,000+.

Maybe next time you post, you can provide some facts instead of pure conjecture and rumor.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:41 pm

The fact that you refuse to call Leon by his actual name says volumes.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:07 pm

You can call me Leon, you can call me Lou, but you doesn't have to call me Johnson.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:28 pm

allcat wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:07 pm
You can call me Leon, you can call me Lou, but you doesn't have to call me Johnson.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You just truly dated yourself...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:33 pm
3-7-77 wrote:
Fake news! You have brought zero factual evidence. Only rumor and conjecture. You have zero idea whether any money was actually made on that event. You do realize that the speaker alone for those events can cost upwards of $20,000. It also costs a ton of money to transport, house and feed the football players for spring drills that were part of the event. And the dinner and facility is not free. Lots went into the event. In the meantime, Costello has only successfully oversaw the single largest athletic fund raising effort in our schools history with the athletic center. He has helped implement other fund raising efforts like day of giving that raised $30,000 in 24 hours. Other fundraising events such as online auctions have easily raised $100,000+.

Maybe next time you post, you can provide some facts instead of pure conjecture and rumor.
Were you involved in the event? How do you know it is fake news? Asking for a friend.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:36 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
I think it's pretty simple. MSU decided to no longer hold the event in Great Falls. This understandably caused some hard feelings among the people who had been involved in putting the event on, but ultimately we moved on months ago. As evidenced by the 48-14 ass-kicking in November, semifinal playoff run, and upcoming groundbreaking on the new football facility at the stadium. Fundraising is going just fine without the Triangle Classic and it's just people like you trying to stir up s*** that was flushed down the toilet months ago because you have no other material left (see 48-14).

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:27 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:30 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:33 pm
3-7-77 wrote:

Were you involved in the event? How do you know it is fake news? Asking for a friend.
The Griz troll was making comments that BN was great for spin and comparing it to Clinton politics. It seemed that “fake news” was the appropriate response given he had provided no actual information. He was just spewing vitriol for our program, boosters and AD.

And I don’t see anything in my post that is not true. The event was expensive. It would also seem that Leon has done a pretty good job raising funds. Help me out with what was not true... maybe you can look in the mirror and ask your “friend”.