The crazy insane Big Sky MBB

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

The crazy insane Big Sky MBB

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:59 pm

NAU beats UNC in Greeley-then tonight UNC blows out NAU by 30 in Flagstaff. Last week SUU beat up PSU, then PSU goes to UNC and wins. MSU blows out UI, then gets blown out by EWU. Tonight Sac blows out SUU, UI beats EWU on the road. UM stays above the fray by destroying Weber without Jerrick Harding who was out with leg pains. UM has gotten to play several teams down a starter or two when they come through Missoula-but whatever-they're rolling right now. MSU's almost blown lead against ISU was nothing. UI almost blew a 20 something point lead to EWU. They missed 5 or 6 free throws in a row down the stretch, but still managed to hang on to win by 3 with EWU missing a half-courter that would have tied it.

It's going to be complete carnage in Boise. If healthy I think Portland State is going to win it. They've got a ton of talent on that team if they can put it together.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: The crazy insane Big Sky MBB

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Good luck trying to pick a winner in any given game. The MSU - UI - EWU trilogy is a story in itself. Any ideas what is causing this? The heavy reliance on the three-ball that goes in some nights and not at all on other nights?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:04 pm

This is a concern:

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:28 am

I checked a couple of other rating systems. Same result, except Massey has the SUU game in Bozeman as a tossup. Better be beating Weber State tomorrow night. Our stronger wins were all in non-conference play. Our defensive rating is #125. Pretty fair. Our offensive rating is abysmal.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:21 pm

The thing that concerns me the most is the fact that our men's team has not improved as the season has progressed.

I recall early in the season watching both UM and MSU and I thought that hey, this is the year we break the streak, at
least with the game in Bozeman. But since then, UM has steadily improved and MSU has steadily declined. I don't know
if it is a lack of team chemistry, or what.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 pm

aucat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:21 pm
The thing that concerns me the most is the fact that our men's team has not improved as the season has progressed.

I recall early in the season watching both UM and MSU and I thought that hey, this is the year we break the streak, at
least with the game in Bozeman. But since then, UM has steadily improved and MSU has steadily declined. I don't know
if it is a lack of team chemistry, or what.
Our five starters scored all the points against ISU. That's it. Only 5 guys scored.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Chemistry looked fine tonight against Weber.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:54 pm

Is this the highwater mark of the season? Next up at Portland State-going to be really hard if not impossible to get a win there. Then at home vs. the griz-we all know how that is likely to pan out. We're basically underdogs in our last six games. Feels like we're always backing into the tourney. I'd love to see us finish with a winning record-that'd be a real feather in Sprinkle's cap if they pulled that off.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:54 pm
Is this the highwater mark of the season? Next up at Portland State-going to be really hard if not impossible to get a win there. Then at home vs. the griz-we all know how that is likely to pan out. We're basically underdogs in our last six games. Feels like we're always backing into the tourney. I'd love to see us finish with a winning record-that'd be a real feather in Sprinkle's cap if they pulled that off.
I think we have a good chance to beat SUU and UNC here, and a win at sac shouldn't be impossible. Maybe Montana won't go 90% from fkn 3 in the first half over here? Definitely a tough closing stretch but there's 3-4 gettable games in there. Or we could lose 5 out of 6 or something. Worth watching though, we're alive for a top 4 seed.