WBB @ ISU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

WBB @ ISU

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Our girls are up 22-14 through one. ISU made a big mistake at the end of the quarter fouling Darian White on a three-ball.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: WBB @ ISU

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:51 pm

38-25 at half. Cats are clearly better at both ends of the court.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 pm

60-37 going into the 4th quarter. Lead was as high as 25 at one point.

-Trent King, Playmakers

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:50 pm

74-55 final!

-Trent King, Playmakers

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm

Really enjoyed watching our Bobcats on Pluto. Coach Binford has a good thing going. I also really liked the ISU announcers. Very professional. Go 'Cats!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Nice to get a blowout win for once against Idaho State, who have given MSU absolute fits over the years. Idaho and NAU also won tonight so MSU maintains its 3 game lead. On paper Weber should be another easy win Saturday, but you never know...

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm
Really enjoyed watching our Bobcats on Pluto. Coach Binford has a good thing going. I also really liked the ISU announcers. Very professional. Go 'Cats!
Agreed on all counts. ISU's TV crew had a lot of good things to say about our girls.

-Trent King, Playmakers

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 pm

I texted my dad who was texting me at the same time about the announcers being good.

Any win against ISU is good. There youth and inexperience shows this year but they always play tough physical defense. I'd like to see our TO's go down soon.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:54 pm

I was a little worried about this one. ISU has been hot and they are usually tough at home. Really surprised to see us in complete control the whole way. I think our team might be pretty good!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:19 pm

What a great win on Kryptonite Court at Idaho State (although Katie Bussey at least cracked the magic with her 42 points over there). Totally pleased about six players in double figures, but would not have thought it possible without Oliana being one of them. That’s the strongest part of this team — they are truly a team. Their ball movement and anticipation is getting better each game. Would like to see less than 20 turnovers. They are getting closer to putting a really good game together, and woe be to the opponents when that starts happening. I hope they are peaking right at tournament time.

Did anyone hear what happened with Madison Jackson? Looks like Oliana either has further healing required, or she’s fighting a bug or something. She put her energy into defense, and did not seem to have the usual spring in her offensive legs.

Congratulations to Coach Bin, and a really super bunch of students who play pretty good basketball. Go, ‘Cats!!

aucat

Post by aucat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:30 pm

This may have been the most impressive win the ladies have had all year. And imagine UNDEFEATED in conference play--ON THE ROAD.

This team is running away from the conference. A pleasure to watch. Get the turnovers down.

Can't wait to see the rest of the home games.

Go Cats!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:31 am

To echo everyone else, what a dominating road team win at a tough place! Accomplished even with Squires being way out of sorts for some reason and Jackson, apparently, not even making the trip.
The announcers were the best I’ve listened to this season. They were very knowledgeable on our team as well as the rest of the conference. They must have Belgrade’s ear in their belief that Darian White is Freshman of the Year favorite :wink: =D^ .

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:16 am

What’s our single game record for offensive rebounds?

aucat

Post by aucat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:26 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:31 am
To echo everyone else, what a dominating road team win at a tough place! Accomplished even with Squires being way out of sorts for some reason and Jackson, apparently, not even making the trip.
The announcers were the best I’ve listened to this season. They were very knowledgeable on our team as well as the rest of the conference. They must have Belgrade’s ear in their belief that Darian White is Freshman of the Year favorite :wink: =D^ .
One of the comments those announcers made last night that caught my attention: "How Boise State ever let Darian White escape is a mystery. " Then the other guy said something about Boise signing John Stockton's daughter. That was news to me. Remember, John was our asst. coach for a while when his daughter Lindsey played for the Cats!

aucat

Post by aucat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am

aucat wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:26 am
arvcat2 wrote:
One of the comments those announcers made last night that caught my attention: "How Boise State ever let Darian White escape is a mystery. " Then the other guy said something about Boise signing John Stockton's daughter. That was news to me. Remember, John was our asst. coach for a while when his daughter Lindsey played for the Cats!

That's what I thought he said, but the only Stockton daughter I see that is playing is Laura at Gonzaga. I didn't see any Stockton on the Boise State roster.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:30 pm

aucat wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am
aucat wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:

That's what I thought he said, but the only Stockton daughter I see that is playing is Laura at Gonzaga. I didn't see any Stockton on the Boise State roster.
MSU is a better school and has better wbb team than Boise St. The Big Sky and Mtn West are about equal in RPI Rating at 18 & 17, respectively.

MSU is ranked 87 in RPI and BSU is 127. Other than staying home, Darian and Madison made the smart choice.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Not sure about that comment. The only remaining Stockton sibling after Laura (Gonzaga) is a football-playing boy. But Boise State did miss out — or more likely Trish just won the battle for Darian.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:00 pm

rivercat wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:30 pm
aucat wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am
aucat wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:

MSU is a better school and has better wbb team than Boise St. The Big Sky and Mtn West are about equal in RPI Rating at 18 & 17, respectively.

MSU is ranked 87 in RPI and BSU is 127. Other than staying home, Darian and Madison made the smart choice.
MSU is a much better option than Boise when it comes to women’s basketball.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz