Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:26 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:33 am
I thought A&E Architects had the design for the complex
KW+A is a small firm that provides assistance in energy efficiency. Probably contracted by the architects to help with that.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 pm

I'm just going to say it right now. This place is going to blow the doors off of everyone. Not everything has to looking like the Taj Mahal. It's like a bad ass car. It might look good, but wait till you look under the hood. Boom!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:57 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 pm
I'm just going to say it right now. This place is going to blow the doors off of everyone. Not everything has to looking like the Taj Mahal. It's like a bad ass car. It might look good, but wait till you look under the hood. Boom!
I don't think people are saying the "under the hood" won't be great, I think their saying why can't we get both a sweet under the hood, and a cool ride all in the same package?

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:57 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
I don't think people are saying the "under the hood" won't be great, I think their saying why can't we get both a sweet under the hood, and a cool ride all in the same package?
Call Mike Hope. I have his cell number. PM me. He would love more money to build just what you would like. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:30 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:32 pm
Back to the topic of the thread and the BAC. I say this having contributed to the fundraising, because I'm a believer in the project: I'm underwhelmed by the exterior design. Floor plan is nice, but was maybe expecting more architecturally, more to develop the overall look of the stadium complex. Guess I'll reserve final judgement (like my opinion matters anyway) until completion, but looks like a fairly generic building design. Fits well with their work on Gallatin and Hyalite Halls, Jabs, and the dining halls, but doesn't seem to really fit in the stadium complex. Guess I was expecting something that would make people stop and really admire, marvel that MSU was able to build something really remarkable. Eh, wait and see the final product I guess.
I've worked with A&E Architects for 20 years. They never do cookie cutter stuff. It will look great.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:36 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:30 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:32 pm
Back to the topic of the thread and the BAC. I say this having contributed to the fundraising, because I'm a believer in the project: I'm underwhelmed by the exterior design. Floor plan is nice, but was maybe expecting more architecturally, more to develop the overall look of the stadium complex. Guess I'll reserve final judgement (like my opinion matters anyway) until completion, but looks like a fairly generic building design. Fits well with their work on Gallatin and Hyalite Halls, Jabs, and the dining halls, but doesn't seem to really fit in the stadium complex. Guess I was expecting something that would make people stop and really admire, marvel that MSU was able to build something really remarkable. Eh, wait and see the final product I guess.
I've worked with A&E Architects for 20 years. They never do cookie cutter stuff. It will look great.
Looking at the time it's being built, the cost of materials and labor have influence on the design. Regardless I'm excited, this will be a huge addition to the stadium.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:07 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:57 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Call Mike Hope. I have his cell number. PM me. He would love more money to build just what you would like. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I get that, I'm currently doing the very same thing and I'm spending my money making these same decisions. The point is simple, it doesn't have to look like a strip mall on the outside to be cost effective. I like the design in general but agree the aesthetic is important as well. Looking at the design for the total renovation I was of the impression that what we were going to finally dial into was something that looked a lot like SDSU. My opinion, which is simply that, is to keep the "mountains" on the West side and accent the stadium additions to fit. But, I'm not going to be paying for it because I'm deep into my project and this is what I think people are saying. Nobody is going to be upset with the final result because progress is good and it will help the team!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:07 pm

I get that, I'm currently doing the very same thing and I'm spending my money making these same decisions. The point is simple, it doesn't have to look like a strip mall on the outside to be cost effective. I like the design in general but agree the aesthetic is important as well. Looking at the design for the total renovation I was of the impression that what we were going to finally dial into was something that looked a lot like SDSU. My opinion, which is simply that, is to keep the "mountains" on the West side and accent the stadium additions to fit. But, I'm not going to be paying for it because I'm deep into my project and this is what I think people are saying. Nobody is going to be upset with the final result because progress is good and it will help the team!

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:10 pm

This building is going to be sick. MSU Football has been trying to get out of the Fieldhouse for a long time. This really is going to be a game changer for the program. It's going to be a sweet edifice.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:33 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 pm
catsrback76 wrote:

:D
Exactly! Ha

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:33 am
Hawks86 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Exactly! Ha

Exactly? Exactly what? The SDSU facility doesn’t look anything like the artist’s rendering for MSU’s facility.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:52 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Exactly! Ha

Exactly? Exactly what? The SDSU facility doesn’t look anything like the artist’s rendering for MSU’s facility.
And it's ugly and plain

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:51 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:52 am
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Exactly! Ha

And it's ugly and plain
What’s ugly and plain?

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:27 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:51 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Exactly! Ha

And it's ugly and plain
What’s ugly and plain?
I feel like this is the beginning of an Abott and Costello sketch

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm

iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Exactly! Ha

And it's ugly and plain
What’s ugly and plain?
SDSU's facility in that picture. In my opinion anyway.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:48 pm

I think 76 is confusing the IPF with the athletic complex in comparison to SDSU.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:50 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm
iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Exactly! Ha

And it's ugly and plain
What’s ugly and plain?
Agreed. It’s 10 years old and 10,000 sqft smaller.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:56 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:50 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm
iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Exactly! Ha

And it's ugly and plain
What’s ugly and plain?
Agreed. It’s 10 years old and 10,000 sqft smaller.
It’s a hell of a lot better than what we currently have at the fieldhouse .

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 pm

This is an incredible amount of hand-wringing about something we haven't even seen yet. And those asking if the building will look fancy "enough" for their tastes should, in my opinion, probably be more concerned about whether the inside of the building will have the facilities and amenities that will help MSU keep kicking the Griz' asses like they did this year and that will help MSU to go from national semifinalist to national champion.

The stadium is currently a mish-mash of the original 1970s east side structure, the 1990s west side structure, and the 2010s end zone. This new building will hopefully set the tone for a coherent look moving forward as future phases of renovation are funded, and I'm sure we'll all be very happy with the ultimate result as long as progress continues to be made.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:28 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 pm
This is an incredible amount of hand-wringing about something we haven't even seen yet. And those asking if the building will look fancy "enough" for their tastes should, in my opinion, probably be more concerned about whether the inside of the building will have the facilities and amenities that will help MSU keep kicking the Griz' asses like they did this year and that will help MSU to go from national semifinalist to national champion.

The stadium is currently a mish-mash of the original 1970s east side structure, the 1990s west side structure, and the 2010s end zone. This new building will hopefully set the tone for a coherent look moving forward as future phases of renovation are funded, and I'm sure we'll all be very happy with the ultimate result as long as progress continues to be made.
=D^ =D^ =D^