Top/Favorite Recruits?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Top/Favorite Recruits?

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:38 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:06 am
It's Olivo right? I've seen it Oliva, Olivia and Olivio. He'll be our new Andersen.
I'm a Mariners fan, so I knew the name Miguel Olivo (Minaya's dad), as he had 2 stints in Seattle. He was a decent catcher in the majors for a little over a decade.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 am

I really like Reimer and Reed. I think the class sleeper is Reitler. The 3 Rs. All OL. ‘R’ichards might play OL, too.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:29 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 am
I really like Reimer and Reed. I think the class sleeper is Reitler. The 3 Rs. All OL. ‘R’ichards might play OL, too.
I have a feeling at least one if not two of those guys will switch to defense. We have sooooo many good young olinemen and they could really up their chances at playing by moving over.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:01 am

1.) Danny Uluilakepa, LB: I just have a good feeling about this kid, not just that he looks like a great LB but to me has the intangible qualities that screams future captain of this team.

2.) Charles Brown: Like others, I think he is going to be special. We need speed like this, and I love the fact that he is already in Bozeman practicing with the team. If we can get him the ball this year, he will open up our offense in ways we haven't seen in a long time.

3.) JT Reed: The way Coach talked about him, I think he is going to be special. Personally, I'd love to see him play at DT, as I think it's harder to find guys with the combination of size, strength, and explosiveness to truly dominate at that position than it is to find good offensive linemen, but wherever he ends up, he is going to be a stud.

4.) Minaya Olivo/Elijah Elliot: Hard for me to separate these two guys - they both look awesome! Little bit different skill sets, but I think they compliment each other really well. They both sound like great kids as well. Our running game will continue to be dominant for the foreseeable future.

5.) Sebastian Valdez: Again, the way Coach talked about him has me really excited. Kids that I went to high school with certainly didn't look like he does!

I'm still hoping to see someone else brought in to solidify the D-line, but overall this class looks stellar. McKay and Manning are huge additions as well. We are reloaded for next season, I can't wait already!!!

GO CATS GO!!!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:09 am

This guy might be your favorite recruit...Apologies to Trey...I interviewed him a few days after he committed in June. Then I left that voice recorder somewhere, who knows and the file was gone. Well, somehow I found the file on an old hard drive as I must've migrated it without knowing. So eight months later, here's his story. But what a cool kid and a great quote. I think you'll like his thoughts on Choate, the Griz and following his brother during Tucker's outstanding career.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:23 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:09 am
This guy might be your favorite recruit...Apologies to Trey...I interviewed him a few days after he committed in June. Then I left that voice recorder somewhere, who knows and the file was gone. Well, somehow I found the file on an old hard drive as I must've migrated it without knowing. So eight months later, here's his story. But what a cool kid and a great quote. I think you'll like his thoughts on Choate, the Griz and following his brother during Tucker's outstanding career.

Colter, were you the kid in school that showed up with two different shoes on? LOL😜

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:33 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:38 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
It's Olivo right? I've seen it Oliva, Olivia and Olivio. He'll be our new Andersen.
I'm a Mariners fan, so I knew the name Miguel Olivo (Minaya's dad), as he had 2 stints in Seattle. He was a decent catcher in the majors for a little over a decade.
I'm not a Mariners fan, but was still shocked that the name Miguel Olivo had to be explained to anyone.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:54 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:33 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
I'm not a Mariners fan, but was still shocked that the name Miguel Olivo had to be explained to anyone.
Meh, some people dislike baseball. Unless your name is Mike Piazza, Buster Posey or your last name isn't Molina, the casual sports probably won't recognize the name of a catcher. Not exactly the most glamorous position on the diamond...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:39 pm

The fact that Josh Gibson isn't on your list hurts my soul. You're absolutely right...but it bothers me.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:43 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:39 pm
The fact that Josh Gibson isn't on your list hurts my soul. You're absolutely right...but it bothers me.
Did he make guitars?

;)

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:48 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:33 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
And some of us are old enough to remember Tony Oliva of the Twins.