Trump shout out

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: Trump shout out

Post by codecat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:35 pm

Trump, Constitutional Freedom-2 vs Deep State, their ultra rich world backers, and the press - 0


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Trump shout out

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:22 pm

codecat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:35 pm
Trump, Constitutional Freedom-2 vs Deep State, their ultra rich world backers, and the press - 0
Now the next prediction... Where will the next impeachment come from? The next investigation has already started.



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: Trump shout out

Post by John K » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:17 pm

    codecat wrote:
    Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:35 pm
    Trump, Constitutional Freedom-2 vs Deep State, their ultra rich world backers, and the press - 0
    And of course Lord Donald the 1st, being the pathological liar that he is, won't be content with 2-0. He'll say the margin was actually a bazillion kazillion to zero, and refer to it as "the greatest impeachment acquittal in the history of the universe" to his adoring throngs of Trumpford Wives cultists. I think you've been watching too many X-Files reruns.



    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:52 pm

    Dereliction of duty to save their senate seat / power.

    Bolton’s book along with the close to 20 folks that testified show what a sick lil puppy 45 is.



    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:02 pm

    Curious.

    With the preponderance of evidence including Bolton’s first hand description of extortion, how do you rationalize keeping 45 in office??



    91catAlum
    Golden Bobcat
    Posts: 7129
    Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
    Location: Clancy, MT

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 91catAlum » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:04 pm

    What Trump did was wrong and unethical. But did anybody on the planet honestly think that 67 senators would vote to remove him from office over this?? Get real. The whole thing was doomed from the get go, and Pelosi knew it. But she got what she could - a permanent stain on Trump's presidency and maybe some political points in an election year (oh, and some neat commemorative pens to look at while she "prays for the president" lol).


    Image
    24-17
    31-23
    29-25
    48-14

    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:17 am

    Here’s a conservative judge’s opinion.

    https://apple.news/A582ohj_qT2SuEP2S4FruwA



    John K
    Golden Bobcat
    Posts: 8224
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
    Location: Great Falls MT

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by John K » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:09 pm

    77matcat wrote:
    Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:17 am
    Here’s a conservative judge’s opinion.

    https://apple.news/A582ohj_qT2SuEP2S4FruwA
    He'a obviously a shill for the "fake news" main stream media. Oh wait...that was on Fox News wasn't it? He's obviously part of the "deep state". Oh wait...he's generally considered to be a conservative leaning judge isn't he? Then Trump goes out and spews vitriol at the National Prayer Breakfast of all places. He's quite a beacon of Christian ideals isn't he?

    And in response to 91catAlum, of course I didn't think he'd ever be convicted by the senate. I don't think any rational person thought there was any chance that would happen. I think some Dems truly did think it was their constitutional duty to go through the process, even though they knew there was zero chance he'd actually be removed from office, and others were mostly politically motivated. That was probably a miscalculation on their part though.

    One of the arguments against impeachment that I took the greatest issue with, is the idea that a president shouldn't be removed from office this close to the next election, especially during his first term. The rationale for that argument being that you're effectively removing him from the ballot, and preventing him from pursuing re-election. So does that mean a first term president should be allowed to do anything he wants, without fear of impeachment, especially if it's during the latter part of his first term, because it would be wrong to deny him an opportunity to be re-elected? If you genuinely believe that a president committed impeachable offenses, it shouldn't matter whether he's in his first or second term, or how close we are to the next election.



    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:31 pm

    👍🏻👍🏻

    Well said.

    I thought a few Republicans would have taken their oath seriously.

    I’m still curious how folks that still support 45 rationalize their position. My guess is its the Santa dilemma.

    The Santa dilemma is the position a first or second grader is placed in when they know there is no Santa, but they are concerned that if they acknowledge the same they won’t get anymore gifts.

    Republican senators are aware that 45 is an............. well 45. But they are aware if they acknowledge it they will lose their gift (power) so they will not admit 45 shooting someone on 5th Avenue.

    Santa Dilemma



    91catAlum
    Golden Bobcat
    Posts: 7129
    Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
    Location: Clancy, MT

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 91catAlum » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:29 am

    I'm not a Trump guy, but my guess is that people still support him for a few reasons. One could have to do with your Santa theory. The other is simply because politics is filled with hypocrisy. It's the same reason democrats still supported Clinton after he cheated on his wife in the Oval Office and then lied under oath. It's the same reason democrats give a complete pass to the Obama administration for lying to a court to obtain a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign, and using the IRS to target conservative groups. HYPOCRISY.

    Seems to me that most presidents sometimes use their power for selfish reasons. Reagan certainly did. Clinton and Obama did. I guess that's why I don't think Trump should be removed for this incident, despite it being unethical.


    Image
    24-17
    31-23
    29-25
    48-14

    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:29 am

    I agree with your premise.

    Clinton was/is a puke, but he didn’t jeopardize national security by extorting another county in a hot war with a crooked country. Significant difference.

    FISA court was in a real pickle. There was significant info (as detailed in the Muller report) that the Russians were up to their eyeballs in the election and working hard to get 45 elected. Muller concluded that they did not find enough evidence to prove 45’s organization willingly participated. Read did not find carefully. The obstruction portion of the investigation did find obstruction, but it is not the DOJ position to file an action against a sitting president. So in the heat of battle you find the Russians are attacking the country it’s probably a reasonable reaction to act.

    The following motherizems come to mind.

    If all the kids jumped off a cliff would you, and
    2 wrongs don’t make a right.

    45 has reached a new level of decrepit actions that hasn’t been close in the past. If we don’t stop someplace we will enter the banana republic level of leadership. The AG will start investigating political opponents.

    Oh..... wait.



    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:34 am

    I’m still interested in finding out what 45 healthcare plan is.

    It was to be the best ever. So what is it. I might be a big supporter.

    Mitch has had a bill on his desk for over half a year on Rx drug reform. 45 says he want to address. What’s the disconnect??

    Could it be 45 is not sincere??



    arvcat2
    BobcatNation Letterman
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by arvcat2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:42 pm

    77matcat wrote:
    Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:29 am
    I agree with your premise.

    Clinton was/is a puke, but he didn’t jeopardize national security by extorting another county in a hot war with a crooked country. Significant difference.

    FISA court was in a real pickle. There was significant info (as detailed in the Muller report) that the Russians were up to their eyeballs in the election and working hard to get 45 elected. Muller concluded that they did not find enough evidence to prove 45’s organization willingly participated. Read did not find carefully. The obstruction portion of the investigation did find obstruction, but it is not the DOJ position to file an action against a sitting president. So in the heat of battle you find the Russians are attacking the country it’s probably a reasonable reaction to act.

    The following motherizems come to mind.

    If all the kids jumped off a cliff would you, and
    2 wrongs don’t make a right.

    45 has reached a new level of decrepit actions that hasn’t been close in the past. If we don’t stop someplace we will enter the banana republic level of leadership. The AG will start investigating political opponents.

    Oh..... wait.
    Russia, Russia, Russia = TDS, TDS, TDS. You come across more as Adam Schiff acolyte & Rachel Maddow fan boy than a self-righteous Never-Trumper you claim to be.



    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:17 pm

    Facts matter.

    Do you believe in Santa.

    😂🤣😂



    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:19 pm

    Who knows what 45’s healthcare plans is. I can’t find it.



    User avatar
    codecat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2429
    Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
    Location: Laurel

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by codecat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:30 pm

    77matcat wrote:
    Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:17 am
    Here’s a conservative judge’s opinion.

    https://apple.news/A582ohj_qT2SuEP2S4FruwA
    The first point that I'd like to make is that Andrew Napolitano was a libertarian, who began to appear like a conservative prior to the time President Trump came along - I have never thought he changed his colors.

    The second point is one that you inferred and others made since this post, and that it was done on Fox News by a Fox News contributor. If you listen to a variety of news outlets from both sides, Fox News is about the only place that still presents a somewhat "fair and balanced" approach to the news and does not shape it for you like ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN...and the list goes on. Seriously, when was the time any of these outlets, (may as well include the NY Times and Washington Post), regularly invite and broadcast/publish dissenting opinion to the far Left?

    The third point is that, we may gradually lose this singular "fair and balanced" (although the use of the slogan has been dropped) approach to the news now that it is part of the Disney conglomerate who also owns ABC and ESPN (a sports broadcasting network that has become increasing political since it was part of the package of ABC going to Disney. Who knows though, with ever increasing public distrust in the press, perhaps Disney made this move to shore up shrinking mainstream media popularity and profits.

    Here are a couple quotes from a more right-of-center outlet on the subject (if we truly wish to hear 2 sides of something).
    Judge Andrew Napolitano shocked Fox News’ viewers this week by penning a blistering op-ed attacking President Donald Trump and accusing him of committing impeachable offenses. Then he went on Fox & Friends and backed up Adam Schiff, a Soros-funded politician, covering for his lies.
    There’s “nothing wrong with him interviewing” the whistleblower [a witness with NO first-hand knowledge] since he’s the “prosecutor” but he should have been more specific,” says Napolitano about Schiff’s actions. Meanwhile, he said nothing about the fact that Schiff was in on the whistleblower’s tale before he even wrote out a complaint. Nothing to see here???
    ADAM SCHIFF-TY IS A SOROS GUY

    Breitbart has a piece up reminding us that Schiff got his start thanks to George Soros.

    Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, was previously financially aided by the George Soros-financed MoveOn.org to win his Congressional seat.

    Schiff also received the Toll Fellowship, which is sponsored by the Council of State Governments, a left-wing group heavily funded by Soros’s Open Society.

    Soros groups also support many of Schiff’s legislative efforts.

    CNN also reported on the MoveOn.org funding for Schiff’s 2000 campaign: “By 2000, MoveOn.org was raising $2 million for Democratic candidates, including more than $100,000 to help California’s Adam Schiff beat Congressman James Rogan, one of the House managers during Clinton’s impeachment trial.”
    My primary point herein is the compromise and loss of independent responsible journalism and increase of political agendas funded by the likes of (the Nazi advocate to save his own ass) Soros who wishes to take down the US economy so he can have his way with world order.

    From: https://www.independentsentinel.com/jud ... iffs-lies/


    Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
    freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:44 pm

    First. Just what is 45’s healthcare plan?? It going to be the best right. It could win him re-election hands down.

    Second I’m posting on my phone with one finger so this is short. That and I’m confused by your post.

    Have no feel for the Soros connection or his evil plan to take over the world. He’s doing poor job. Does sound like a conspiracy story that 45 would spread. Remember Ted Cruz’s father helped to kill JFK.

    I do know that 45’s attorney was Roy Cohn. Remember McCarty’s right hand man. No conspiracy or supposition here. Well documented, and if you’ve ever had a chance to read anything re McCarthy or watch old news clips 45 = McCarthy. Waiting for the rest of the Republican reclaim decency like Romney.

    Trump is guilty of extortion. More than enough circumstantial evidence was presented. That plus innocent people are eager (45 said he was) to testify or let others that can exonerate him. Plus a number of Republicans including 45 admitted the same.

    I do watch Fox News on occasion. Most of the time I feel like my intelligence is being assaulted. I recall they put 45’s accusation about Ted’s father on without any notes about its validity. I even read Breitbart on occasion, mostly when I’m in need of humor.

    Pretty sure we and most Americans want close to the same things Like life liberty and the right to pursue happiness and could live in the others world pretty comfortably.

    Some folks try to control by creating hate and dissension with false narratives which end up creating alternative universes. 45’s a real estate huckster and has been doing this all his life. He’s actually pretty talented.

    Not a new problem. Burr shot Hamilton over similar things like your father killed jfk.

    Here’s hoping we can figure out how to create a society where facts are facts and available to all.



    77matcat
    Member # Retired
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by 77matcat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:38 am

    Sorry for your loss.



    John K
    Golden Bobcat
    Posts: 8224
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
    Location: Great Falls MT

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by John K » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:10 am

    77matcat wrote:
    Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:38 am
    Sorry for your loss.
    Thank you, but my post wasn't intended to garner sympathy from anyone. It can be really hard to keep things in the proper perspective sometimes. This tragic event forced me into doing that, and my hope is that everyone will try harder to keep things in the proper perspective in their own lives. Focus less on politics, or sports, or whatever it may be, and focus more on the people in your lives who are important to you. The death of Kobe Bryant, his daughter, and the other 7 people who died in that helicopter crash should have brought that home to me. I'm sure every single person reading this has been touched by tragedy at least once in their lives. I guess we sometimes need a reminder that hits really close to home though, before it truly sinks in.



    User avatar
    wbtfg
    Golden Bobcat
    Posts: 10116
    Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

    Re: Trump shout out

    Post by wbtfg » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:45 am

    John K wrote:
    Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:27 am
    I've asked the mods to delete my posts from this morning. After thinking about it further, I don't think it was appropriate to post something so personal in this forum. My apologies to everyone.
    No need to apologize. You are grieving, and that's a completely natural thing to do. While people may have political differences, I hope we still live in a world where we treat our neighbors with kindness, compassion and respect regardless of which box they check in the voting booth.

    blessings to you and your friends/family.



    Post Reply