WBB vs EWI

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

WBB vs EWI

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Up 20-14 in second. Went OT last game. Must not match up with them very well.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs EWI

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:50 pm

EWU has some talent. Don’t know why they only have two wins. They have lost a lot of close games.
MSU off to a slow start but rolled in the 2nd quarter. 41-22 at halftime.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:22 pm

Idaho is down by 13 to UM in the 4th. If that holds MSU will have a 3 game lead in the standings.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:17 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:22 pm
Idaho is down by 13 to UM in the 4th. If that holds MSU will have a 3 game lead in the standings.

Cats win, Idaho loses. Perfect! \:D/

FTG- GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:04 pm

EWU made 17 threes in Cheney. They made 3 today. Defending the three was definitely a point of emphasis in this one. At times our defense was suffocating. Their center Bella Cravens was having a pretty nice game and scored a lot in the third quarter, but got hurt, left the game, and didn't return. That was a tough break for them.
If anything, we have some players who are too dang unselfish. We passed up 5 foot jumpers to try to get teammates layups. That didn't always work. But if Martell and Kuderer are going to hit 8 threes between them, we're not going to lose too many.
Darian White is so fun to watch. Both her and Madison Jackson are incredible athletes. When they're on a breakaway while dribbling the ball they're still faster than anybody else on the court.
Last edited by BelgradeBobcat on Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:43 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:04 pm
EWU made 17 threes in Cheney. They made 3 today. Defending the three was definitely a point of emphasis in this one. At times our defense was suffocating. Their center Bella Cravens was having a pretty nice game and scored a lot in the third quarter, but got hurt, left the game, and didn't return. That was a tough break for them.
If anything, we have some players who are too dang unselfish. We passed up 5 foot jumpers to try to get teammates layups. That didn't always work. But if Martell and Kuderer are going to hit 8 threes between them, we're not going to lose too many.
Darian White is so fun to watch. Both her and Madison Jackson are incredible athletes. When they're on a breakaway while dribbling the ball they're still faster than anybody else on the court.
Perfect summary. Can't wait to watch this team hit on all cylinders. Maybe they are saving it for the NCAA tournament!

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:04 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:04 pm
Our Freshmen are REALLY good! Program is in good hands

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:43 pm

I know White is off to a great start, but I think Bad Bear and Jackson are going to rise to very high levels next season. I think this class might leave with 3 or 4 championship rings. I’m crazy about this years Senior class, but the freshman class might end up the best in Montana States history men’s or women’s! Bad Bear next year is really going to shock the program after recovering from her knee surgery. Jackson is a straight up athlete and I think each of you already know Ms. White. I’m predicting 3 rings for this class! I sincerely feel this team will be even better next season!

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:54 pm

I agree! Skye Lindsay is going to be strong inside! Tori will be back, Moochi will step up! Hopefully Van Sickle will also be ready to go! I know there’s no way we can have the depth we have this year, but with contributions from our new freshmen class we will be at the top of the standings again next year. We have to keep everyone healthy, but I’m bullish on the state of the Women’s program.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:54 pm
I agree! Skye Lindsay is going to be strong inside! Tori will be back, Moochi will step up! Hopefully Van Sickle will also be ready to go! I know there’s no way we can have the depth we have this year, but with contributions from our new freshmen class we will be at the top of the standings again next year. We have to keep everyone healthy, but I’m bullish on the state of the Women’s program.
Maybe not same depth in terms of maturity level....but you might remember Coach Binford comment on the incoming freshman class, that she felt 4 of the 6 could compete for starting spots immediately!! With the addition of two 6’3” ladies...one who shoots the 3 ball well! The “youth” might hold us back next year but I get the feeling depth is going to be fun to see. Exciting times.