MBB @ EWU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB @ EWU

Post by MSU01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 am

I'm not going to question the effort or competitiveness of MSU's players, but it's certainly true that they have yet to come up with that big win in conference play over one of the top teams. To me, the team has middle-of-the-pack talent in the Big Sky and their current standing reflects exactly that.

From what I've seen I'm optimistic that Sprinkle can be for the men's program what Binford has been for the women. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting is the key and it can't just be a revolving door of JC players.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:42 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote: Adamu, Fernandez, and Kirby were 2-24 from the field between the three of them. They hardly take a shot if they're more than 3 feet from the rim. How is it even possible to miss that many? That's just ineptitude at epic proportions. And it's not just those guys. Somebody, other than Harald has to show some initiative on this team.
Eastern Washington blocked eight shots! And probably deflected a few more. Going at the teeth of their defense was clearly not working. It caused a lot of contorted high degree of difficulty shot attempts.

Two differences stood out to me. EWU really spread the court much more and used a lot of rapid ball movement to find good shots. And we just looked one (or two steps) slower all game. Some of that was indecision. The EWU defense was very good.

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:10 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:42 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote: Adamu, Fernandez, and Kirby were 2-24 from the field between the three of them. They hardly take a shot if they're more than 3 feet from the rim. How is it even possible to miss that many? That's just ineptitude at epic proportions. And it's not just those guys. Somebody, other than Harald has to show some initiative on this team.
Eastern Washington blocked eight shots! And probably deflected a few more. Going at the teeth of their defense was clearly not working. It caused a lot of contorted high degree of difficulty shot attempts.

Two differences stood out to me. EWU really spread the court much more and used a lot of rapid ball movement to find good shots. And we just looked one (or two steps) slower all game. Some of that was indecision. The EWU defense was very good.
Actually I believe the EWU defense ranks statistically pretty low. I mean they gave up 85 and 92 to the Griz. They’ve given up lots of points to teams this year.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:44 pm
=D^
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:31 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:20 pm
what do ya do when you can’t make a 3 footer?
Pay your own tuition?
Hahah!
I swear there are days where it appears we don't have ANY division 1 players

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:40 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:49 pm
Common Cat wrote:
=D^
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Pay your own tuition?
Hahah!
And others where we look like we could win the league... Just need to figure out the formula to get them closer to that more often than not....

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:09 pm

We're kinda like a football team that can only run the ball straight ahead. We do it over and over again and when it doesn't work we do it again anyway. I say do something different-even if it's wrong.
Maybe Sprinkle should consult Fallyn Freije's mom:

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:22 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:40 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:49 pm
Common Cat wrote:
=D^
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Pay your own tuition?
Hahah!
And others where we look like we could win the league... Just need to figure out the formula to get them closer to that more often than not....
Often in rapid succession :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz