Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Wow! Thanks for posting Stevo. That's going to be such a huge upgrade for the players and coaches. Amazing.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:04 pm

stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:56 pm
ImageImage

Second floor
That second floor though...

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Thanks for the floor plans, they are nice to see. A bit off topic but what is the plan for how the Cat prowl will be handled or is that a casualty of progress?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:07 pm

stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:55 pm
[Image][/img]

not sure this works well but ....
What is this? A training facility for ants?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:12 pm

stevo wrote:
ImageImage

Second floor

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:12 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:07 pm
stevo wrote:
[Image][/img]

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:13 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:12 pm
stevo wrote:
ImageImage

Second floor
If you actually click on Stevo's picture in his link, it'll take you to a website where you can maximize the picture bigger than this.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 pm
Thanks for the floor plans, they are nice to see. A bit off topic but what is the plan for how the Cat prowl will be handled or is that a casualty of progress?
I believe it’s a casualty of progress. No sense having the player march from the field house anymore. Having some kid fans line up from the new facility to the field may be an option. I’m sure Costello will figure something out.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:20 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:13 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:12 pm
stevo wrote:
ImageImage

Second floor
If you actually click on Stevo's picture in his link, it'll take you to a website where you can maximize the picture bigger than this.
That what I used to post this image. Since I don’t have the original, I had to copy what he had on postimg. I can’t wait to see the color images.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:08 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:07 pm
stevo wrote:
[Image][/img]

well played.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:53 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:03 am
kwcat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:26 am
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:12 am
Looks different today:

https://www.kathwilliams.com/project/30 ... University
Still not what I am expecting.
What is this!? A school for ants!?
Haha thanks for the laugh!

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:01 am

Any word on when ground breaking will take place?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:20 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:01 am
According to first post bids were due Thursday. No word on when the contractor selection is to be made or the exact date construction is to start.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
I heard March 6. I'm sure that would be a ceremonial thing with gold shovels and actual construction would start shortly thereafter.

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:25 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:34 pm
Catfanatic84 wrote:
I heard March 6. I'm sure that would be a ceremonial thing with gold shovels and actual construction would start shortly thereafter.
Great...looking forward to seeing construction cranes over Bobcat Stadium! Hope we have a webcam as they're building...give me something to look at over the long days with no football or basketball.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:39 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:53 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:37 am
I'd rather they save some money on design costs if it gets more of what's needed inside.
Bobcatnation every time a design (that doesn't come from any source at MSU, likely isn't the final product even though it still looks fantastic/better than anything MSU has ever had, and why overreact before anything actually gets built????) gets posted to the architects website...

also...Bobcatnation's reaction to an OC that doesn't have a "message board approved" resume and/or isn't named Dennis Erickson or Denarius McGhee.

I certainly get that part about buildings, but is not the whole point of a message board to discuss and debate things like hiring a new OC and what we think of the hire?
Absolutely. Its a board full of opinions and that's what makes it fun. Posters are also allowed to disagree with opinions and offer their own. So my opinion is that I find it interesting posters were underwhelmed with Justin Udy's resume yet felt Denarius was qualified for the job of OC/QB coach. Udy followed a path most college coaches take to get an OC job at the FCS level and its being disregarded because he didn't call plays at the FCS level? Despite being under the tutelage of some of the best offensive minds in the FBS (Matt Wells/David Yost) and actually have playcalling experience with a record breaking offensive output to boot? Everyone loved the Messingham hire in 2016 because he had a ton of playcalling experience across all levels of football...and then everyone hated him by the time the season was over. So in the end, for me, I disagree with anyone having an opinion of "underwhelmed" with this hire as Jeff turned down a few other candidates who did have FCS OC experience. Also, keep in mind that the entire coaching staff were in unison with hiring Udy, not just Jeff's way or the highway.
Truth right here. I always find it interesting when people want a Cat player to be the dude with no other reasoning than they were a Cat player. Don't get me wrong, I want to see our players have success but i want to see the best candidate get the job. For some it seems that being a Cat means you're the best candidate.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:32 pm

Back to the topic of the thread and the BAC. I say this having contributed to the fundraising, because I'm a believer in the project: I'm underwhelmed by the exterior design. Floor plan is nice, but was maybe expecting more architecturally, more to develop the overall look of the stadium complex. Guess I'll reserve final judgement (like my opinion matters anyway) until completion, but looks like a fairly generic building design. Fits well with their work on Gallatin and Hyalite Halls, Jabs, and the dining halls, but doesn't seem to really fit in the stadium complex. Guess I was expecting something that would make people stop and really admire, marvel that MSU was able to build something really remarkable. Eh, wait and see the final product I guess.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:44 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:32 pm
Back to the topic of the thread and the BAC. I say this having contributed to the fundraising, because I'm a believer in the project: I'm underwhelmed by the exterior design. Floor plan is nice, but was maybe expecting more architecturally, more to develop the overall look of the stadium complex. Guess I'll reserve final judgement (like my opinion matters anyway) until completion, but looks like a fairly generic building design. Fits well with their work on Gallatin and Hyalite Halls, Jabs, and the dining halls, but doesn't seem to really fit in the stadium complex. Guess I was expecting something that would make people stop and really admire, marvel that MSU was able to build something really remarkable. Eh, wait and see the final product I guess.
Hardly ever does someone’s view of a drawing ever match their expectation. Even if it’s a 3D drawing. A good example of this is if you look at a photo of the end zone grandstand and then look at it in person it has an entirely different presence. Likewise the image can look better than the actual product.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:48 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:44 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Hardly ever does someone’s view of a drawing ever match their expectation. Even if it’s a 3D drawing. A good example of this is if you look at a photo of the end zone grandstand and then look at it in person it has an entirely different presence. Likewise the image can look better than the actual product.
I guess I'm thinking that when almost anyone looked at the renderings of the EZ project, you stopped and thought, 'holy crap that's going to really change the whole look and feel of the stadium." I look at this and think, "huh, nice classroom building." Again, yes, wait and see what it's like in person when it's completed. I could be totally wrong.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:18 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:48 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:44 pm
KittieKop wrote:
I guess I'm thinking that when almost anyone looked at the renderings of the EZ project, you stopped and thought, 'holy crap that's going to really change the whole look and feel of the stadium." I look at this and think, "huh, nice classroom building." Again, yes, wait and see what it's like in person when it's completed. I could be totally wrong.
Or it could look worse than you expected. I’m just saying you should think critically or test the null hypothesis. When I do that in this case I realize I might as well wait. You seem to have taken a shortcut to that conclusion, which is good.

toM StUber