MBB @ EWU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

MBB @ EWU

Post by Bocephus » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Can’t buy a basket. Both teams struggling on offense

Bocephus

Re: MBB @ EWU

Post by Bocephus » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:45 pm

35-16 EW at the half. Pretty ugly. Eastern started to light it up from the arc.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Frey has zero at half. Awful team shooting and turning the ball over. Eags have found the range from 3. Gotta adjust or this is going to be a wipeout.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:18 pm

7 minutes into the 2nd half. Frey has 2 second half points. The Cats have 2 second half points. Totally being dominated. Not the same team that played on Thursday.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:20 pm

I'm not sure which is worse...the Cats play or the quality of the SWX broadcast. Cats are down 55-23, and the audio and video keep breaking up, to the point where it's almost unwatchable.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:57 pm

How can full scholarship D-1 basketball players be so terrible at the act of making baskets? Don't they play all summer, play all fall, practice all the time? Adamu was 1-11. Bellach leads us in scoring-and he didn't even play in the first half. What the heck do they do at practice? Fricken unbelievable.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:20 pm

Blame the loss on me. I was there. That and we missed 2,000 bunnies. I mean, what do ya do when you can’t make a 3 footer?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:21 pm

Btw - when was the last time our men have beaten EWU in either football or basketball. I know we got them in basketball a couple years ago but I think we are one one of those weird losing streaks that MSU likes to dabble in.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:28 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:21 pm
Btw - when was the last time our men have beaten EWU in either football or basketball. I know we got them in basketball a couple years ago but I think we are one one of those weird losing streaks that MSU likes to dabble in.
The ladies kicked ass today.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:20 pm
what do ya do when you can’t make a 3 footer?
Pay your own tuition?

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:44 pm

=D^
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:31 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:20 pm
what do ya do when you can’t make a 3 footer?
Pay your own tuition?
Hahah!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:47 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:21 pm
MSU beat them at home last year. 3 game losing streak currently with last year's tournament and this year's regular season games.

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:05 pm

Does this season resemble the 2016 football season?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:39 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:05 pm
How so? MSU has had far more success thus far than the '16 football team did.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:19 pm

Bocephus wrote:
It resembles pretty much every basketball season for the last 20 years. February blowout losses are not unusual. #Februaryswoon.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:34 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:19 pm
Bocephus wrote:
It resembles pretty much every basketball season for the last 20 years. February blowout losses are not unusual. #Februaryswoon.
I'm trying to figure out how it's even possible at this point. They've been through multiple coaches, athletic directors, and university presidents in that time! Everything has changed, except the Bobcats can't play in February..

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:05 am

John K wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:20 pm
I'm not sure which is worse...the Cats play or the quality of the SWX broadcast. Cats are down 55-23, and the audio and video keep breaking up, to the point where it's almost unwatchable.
Well, that’s a switch. I cannot get the SWX broadcasts anymore since I moved. So I had to watch it on PlutoTV and it was glitch free for me from end to end. I would have never thought of it, but if it happens again just switch to PlutoTV! It was being broadcast as 1080p so it was smooth watching even on a big screen. I cannot say the same for the quality of the game.

Were the announcers SWX Spokane guys? I thought they were very good throughout.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:52 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:34 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how it's even possible at this point. They've been through multiple coaches, athletic directors, and university presidents in that time! Everything has changed, except the Bobcats can't play in February..
Maybe we should give Sprinkle and the team the entire month to show what they can do, instead of writing off the season on February 9th after two road losses to the #1 and #2 teams in the conference.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:59 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:05 am
John K wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:20 pm
Well, that’s a switch. I cannot get the SWX broadcasts anymore since I moved. So I had to watch it on PlutoTV and it was glitch free for me from end to end. I would have never thought of it, but if it happens again just switch to PlutoTV! It was being broadcast as 1080p so it was smooth watching even on a big screen. I cannot say the same for the quality of the game.

Were the announcers SWX Spokane guys? I thought they were very good throughout.
I presume they were, but I don't know for sure. Honestly, I didn't listen to them very much. The audio was so bad that I eventually muted the sound and just watched the video only for the rest of the game. I don't know if the poor quality was just a local issue here in GF for some reason, or if people watching elsewhere experienced the same problems?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:37 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:52 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:34 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
Maybe we should give Sprinkle and the team the entire month to show what they can do, instead of writing off the season on February 9th after two road losses to the #1 and #2 teams in the conference.
Of course you're right. It's just that the typical February collapse is a predictable outcome for a completely unpredictable team.

On Thursday night they had the highest field goal percentage game since 2006. I thought, maybe this team has turned a corner. Then the very next time out they shoot 22%. Was it the travel? EWU had to travel to Cheney from Montana too. Was it the environment? I've been to EWU. They don't have very many fans, the gym is well lit and comfortable-it's not like one of the Idaho aircraft hangers, or NAU's altitude. It's not that they lost to EWU-it's that they didn't even compete.

Sprinkle talked about it earlier this season. There's a difference between playing hard and competing. Everybody plays hard, but not everybody competes. When it comes to playing the top teams in the league, other than Harald Frey who is being guarded by 3 guys, our players haven't competed. They've hidden away like turtle in his shell. If we're going to lose to those guys, at least put up a fight, go down in a blaze of glory. Everybody has bad shooting nights. Look at our women's team. They couldn't buy one against the griz, but they kept at it playing defense, rebounding, and finally Fallyn Freije and Darian White found something that worked and jumped all over it. Our guys should be feasting on the fact that Harald is taking up three guys and leaving others wide open. Find the mid-range jumper and knock it down. Take advantage for crying out loud!

Adamu, Fernandez, and Kirby were 2-24 from the field between the three of them. They hardly take a shot if they're more than 3 feet from the rim. How is it even possible to miss that many? That's just ineptitude at epic proportions. And it's not just those guys. Somebody, other than Harald has to show some initiative on this team.

Our next game is against Idaho State-a team that can't seem to get out of their own way. It's a good opportunity to get back on track.