Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by gocats77 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:11 am

Thank you, Vim, for your post trying to bring some "common sense" to BN.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:11 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:06 am

One of the recurring themes from the event Wednesday night from both Choate and Alex Singleton was a few jabs at the "experts" on bobcatnation.
Just goes to show that all players and coaches are huge liars when they claim they don't read these boards or listen to outside news. They do. And my guess is with their ACTUAL knowledge, it has to be 10x more entertaining for them than it is for me!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:25 am

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:30 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:11 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:06 am

One of the recurring themes from the event Wednesday night from both Choate and Alex Singleton was a few jabs at the "experts" on bobcatnation.
Just goes to show that all players and coaches are huge liars when they claim they don't read these boards or listen to outside news. They do. And my guess is with their ACTUAL knowledge, it has to be 10x more entertaining for them than it is for me!
I can't believe they'd talk about me that way!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:50 am

Whatcha got there stevo?

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:21 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:12 am
Looks different today:

https://www.kathwilliams.com/project/30 ... University
Just happy to see more people in the picture!

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:25 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:37 am
I'd rather they save some money on design costs if it gets more of what's needed inside.
I think the design is fairly simple, but looks good, looking at it from a building cost standpoint. I'm sure the inside will up to par with other facilities.

stevo

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:31 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:50 am
Whatcha got there stevo?
trying to post a picture. i can see it. can you guys?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:42 pm

stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:31 pm
iaafan wrote:
Whatcha got there stevo?
Nope

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:53 am
Hawks86 wrote:
I'd rather they save some money on design costs if it gets more of what's needed inside.
Bobcatnation every time a design (that doesn't come from any source at MSU, likely isn't the final product even though it still looks fantastic/better than anything MSU has ever had, and why overreact before anything actually gets built????) gets posted to the architects website...

also...Bobcatnation's reaction to an OC that doesn't have a "message board approved" resume and/or isn't named Dennis Erickson or Denarius McGhee.

I certainly get that part about buildings, but is not the whole point of a message board to discuss and debate things like hiring a new OC and what we think of the hire?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

stevo

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:42 pm
stevo wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Whatcha got there stevo?
Nope
what service are you guys using to host photos so that i can share on here?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm

stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:42 pm
stevo wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Whatcha got there stevo?
Nope
what service are you guys using to host photos so that i can share on here?
https://postimages.org/

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

stevo

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:55 pm

[Image][/img]

not sure this works well but ....

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Bobcatnation every time a design (that doesn't come from any source at MSU, likely isn't the final product even though it still looks fantastic/better than anything MSU has ever had, and why overreact before anything actually gets built????) gets posted to the architects website...

also...Bobcatnation's reaction to an OC that doesn't have a "message board approved" resume and/or isn't named Dennis Erickson or Denarius McGhee.

I certainly get that part about buildings, but is not the whole point of a message board to discuss and debate things like hiring a new OC and what we think of the hire?
Absolutely. Its a board full of opinions and that's what makes it fun. Posters are also allowed to disagree with opinions and offer their own. So my opinion is that I find it interesting posters were underwhelmed with Justin Udy's resume yet felt Denarius was qualified for the job of OC/QB coach. Udy followed a path most college coaches take to get an OC job at the FCS level and its being disregarded because he didn't call plays at the FCS level? Despite being under the tutelage of some of the best offensive minds in the FBS (Matt Wells/David Yost) and actually have playcalling experience with a record breaking offensive output to boot? Everyone loved the Messingham hire in 2016 because he had a ton of playcalling experience across all levels of football...and then everyone hated him by the time the season was over. So in the end, for me, I disagree with anyone having an opinion of "underwhelmed" with this hire as Jeff turned down a few other candidates who did have FCS OC experience. Also, keep in mind that the entire coaching staff were in unison with hiring Udy, not just Jeff's way or the highway.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:23 pm

stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:55 pm
[Image][/img]

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:29 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm
CelticCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Absolutely. Its a board full of opinions and that's what makes it fun. Posters are also allowed to disagree with opinions and offer their own. So my opinion is that I find it interesting posters were underwhelmed with Justin Udy's resume yet felt Denarius was qualified for the job of OC/QB coach. Udy followed a path most college coaches take to get an OC job at the FCS level and its being disregarded because he didn't call plays at the FCS level? Despite being under the tutelage of some of the best offensive minds in the FBS (Matt Wells/David Yost) and actually have playcalling experience with a record breaking offensive output to boot? Everyone loved the Messingham hire in 2016 because he had a ton of playcalling experience across all levels of football...and then everyone hated him by the time the season was over. So in the end, for me, I disagree with anyone having an opinion of "underwhelmed" with this hire as Jeff turned down a few other candidates who did have FCS OC experience. Also, keep in mind that the entire coaching staff were in unison with hiring Udy, not just Jeff's way or the highway.
Take a look at the Griz DC's resume. 2002 Broyles Award finalist. Coached at Cal, Stanford, Notre Dame, Washington, Colorado. Phenomenal resume.

I'd take Ioane or Gregorak any day of the week. Resume's are good, important, but they aren't the end all be all. Like you said, Udy's resume is more than good enough.

stevo

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:17 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:23 pm
stevo wrote:
[Image][/img]

thank you AFCAT not sure how you did that.
This is the floor plan of the new building. I have second floor as well if intrested.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:43 pm

stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:17 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:23 pm
stevo wrote:
[Image][/img]

thank you AFCAT not sure how you did that.
This is the floor plan of the new building. I have second floor as well if intrested.
Send it, too much suspense. Cool to see the layout finally. Excited for it to start.

stevo

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:56 pm

ImageImage

Second floor

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:02 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm
CelticCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Fair enough. I was an underwhelmed one, but I made sure to differentiate between underwhelmed and disappointed. Underwhelmed as in it (his resume) did not blow me away. I think it’s a fine hire and I hope he ... whelms me with his performance. :)

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast