MBB @ UM

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 pm

How can it be that there is never a foul called when they are swatting away at Belo? I mean, they must all be elite defenders.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:52 pm

DeCuire cries and whines all game long and down the stretch they get all the calls. Sprinkle is getting worked in this one.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:53 pm

The Griz announcer is as annoying as their football announcers.

-Elias P. Harmon-

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:00 pm

profisme wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:53 pm
The Griz announcer is as annoying as their football announcers.
Just rattled some B.S. about Sprinkle doing something to deserve the FTC chants. I hope he stubs the s*&t out his toe going to the pisser tonight.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:10 pm

That was a pathetic offensive performance. The entire team not named Frey combined for 3 total field goals. For. The. Entire. Game.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:16 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:10 pm
That was a pathetic offensive performance. The entire team not named Frey combined for 3 total field goals. For. The. Entire. Game.
That’s not entirely true. For our starters yes, but we had 6 FG from the bench.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:09 am

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:16 pm
KittieKop wrote:
That’s not entirely true. For our starters yes, but we had 6 FG from the bench.
Still, Frey had 37 points while the rest of the team managed only 27. He scored almost 60% of our points. We missed too many free throws too. Harry even missed a couple late in the game.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:51 am

KittieKop wrote:
Frey is part of the “team” and nowhere does it say your team’s points need to be evenly dispersed to win a game. Frey’s points came off passes and picks from his teammates.

UM has a good team and they were unbelievably hot the first half. That happens. Still MSU was able to whittle the deficit down to 5(?).

Teams can shoot poorly and still win games. Great teams (you have to go all the way back to the women’s Cat-Griz game some four hours earlier for an example) do this all the time. The men weren’t able to finish the comeback, but they exhibited some solid team play just getting back into the game.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am

msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 pm
D-Wreck wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm not a basketball guy. What in the heck are these "illegal screens" they keep calling? Honest question.

Watching the game on SWX and the homer griz announcers make me want to drive a screwdriver through both eardrums.
The sad thing, those griz announcers are way better to listen to than the griz announcer on pluto...
The call of Fallyn’s game-tying basket in the women’s game is on Twitter. The play-by-play announcer sounds like he’s forcing himself to sound exciting. The color man says nothing. SMH.

He says, “...gooood.” Then it’s crickets. After forcing a tie with 14 seconds to play after trailing by 14, you say, “...GOOOOOOOOOD! And the Bobcats have just tied this game up with 14 seconds to go!!!” And then, “blah, blah, blah, blah-blah” from the color man.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:46 am

Harry vs Rest of team

FGs: Harry 9/17, ROT 9/30
3pt: Harry 7/14, ROT 1/5
FT: Harry 12/15, ROT 8/14

We got 2 pts, 6 rebs, 1 assist, 5 turnovers and 8 fouls in 67 minutes from belo, Kirby and ricketts.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:50 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:46 am
We got 2 pts, 6 rebs, 1 assist, 5 turnovers and 8 fouls in 67 minutes from belo, Kirby and ricketts.
Belo wasn't allowed to play. He posts up and he's got a guy climbing up his back, and when he goes to the rim he's got three guys hacking the crap out of him. Did he even go to the line last night? Then he's called for the most ticky-tacky fouls. He was on the bench the entire first half and never had a chance to get into the game. Sprinkle needs to be in the refs ear from the tip. Get a technical if need be-you can't let your big guy get worked over like that. I know Sprinkle is everybody's best friend, but he's gotta show some saltiness. Just emulate his counterpart on the other bench.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:07 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:50 am
wbtfg wrote:
Belo wasn't allowed to play. He posts up and he's got a guy climbing up his back, and when he goes to the rim he's got three guys hacking the crap out of him. Did he even go to the line last night? Then he's called for the most ticky-tacky fouls. He was on the bench the entire first half and never had a chance to get into the game. Sprinkle needs to be in the refs ear from the tip. Get a technical if need be-you can't let your big guy get worked over like that. I know Sprinkle is everybody's best friend, but he's gotta show some saltiness. Just emulate his counterpart on the other bench.
You might not have heard Sprinkle’s halftime interview. Paraphrasing, but when asked what he liked about Frey’s first half, Sprinkle immediately responded that there was nothing to like about the first half. He was spot on in his follow up comments and I am sure he was working the refs in his own way.

Big Sky refs are just awful. I don’t ever recall seeing a moving screen called on the player with the ball. WTF. And they called it twice last night.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:52 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:07 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:50 am
wbtfg wrote:
You might not have heard Sprinkle’s halftime interview. Paraphrasing, but when asked what he liked about Frey’s first half, Sprinkle immediately responded that there was nothing to like about the first half. He was spot on in his follow up comments and I am sure he was working the refs in his own way.

Big Sky refs are just awful. I don’t ever recall seeing a moving screen called on the player with the ball. WTF. And they called it twice last night.
I am out of the country right now, so I did not get to watch the game. But I keep watching a 3 made by Harry that was about 10 feet behind the line on Twitter. After he releases it, Falls runs into him but no foul is called....??? I know that one would have been called on us, maven in Bozeman. Travis the whiner gets his way again.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:34 pm

I watched both games on Pluto and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the broadcasts.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:41 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:07 am

Didn't think that was even possible.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

HotTubHigh
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HotTubHigh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am
msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 pm
D-Wreck wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm not a basketball guy. What in the heck are these "illegal screens" they keep calling? Honest question.

Watching the game on SWX and the homer griz announcers make me want to drive a screwdriver through both eardrums.
The sad thing, those griz announcers are way better to listen to than the griz announcer on pluto...
The call of Fallyn’s game-tying basket in the women’s game is on Twitter. The play-by-play announcer sounds like he’s forcing himself to sound exciting. The color man says nothing. SMH.

He says, “...gooood.” Then it’s crickets. After forcing a tie with 14 seconds to play after trailing by 14, you say, “...GOOOOOOOOOD! And the Bobcats have just tied this game up with 14 seconds to go!!!” And then, “blah, blah, blah, blah-blah” from the color man.
Gotta love Bobcat Nation.....pissing and moaning about how an opposing announcer calls the play in a rivalry game when the opposition takes its first lead of the game late in the game! Really?? Turn on the Cats radio guy and sing Kumbaya all game if watching griz announcers makes you "sad"!!

And as to the reffing in the men's game..... I was there to watch Frey shoot 31 FT's in the first half! What a joke.

Do Cats have a whining flopping shooting phenom who plays little or no defense to replace him next year?

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Hey, hot tub, you graduate from west high, that where the name hot tub high came from?

you guys are really desperate to win any sporting event from Montana State and you finally got ONE

Did you or hauck help the crowd chant ftc at the end of the game?

HotTubHigh
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HotTubHigh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

autocat wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 pm
Hey, hot tub, you graduate from west high, that where the name hot tub high came from?

you guys are really desperate to win any sporting event from Montana State and you finally got ONE

Adult Griz fans let the students yell FTC....it's not like the ESG GCG thing where Grandpa and Grandma proudly teach it to their 1st and 2nd grade grandkids. And UM field house doesn't have a special song they play when it's chanted.

Not that desperate........Griz have won 18 of the last 19 men's bball games. Cats are excited about Sprinkle but he'll need players. Griz had three true frosh that outscored Cats entire team (excluding the whinin' floppin' senior Norwegian) the other night. Griz best guard and big man are sitting the bench as transfers this year. Two big time Aussies and a couple more 2 and 3 star HS players coming to Missoula next year.

Football getting a little old and women's hoops too!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:16 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:21 pm

HotTubHigh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm
autocat wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Adult Griz fans let the students yell FTC....it's not like the ESG GCG thing where Grandpa and Grandma proudly teach it to their 1st and 2nd grade grandkids. And UM field house doesn't have a special song they play when it's chanted.

Not that desperate........Griz have won 18 of the last 19 men's bball games. Cats are excited about Sprinkle but he'll need players. Griz had three true frosh that outscored Cats entire team (excluding the whinin' floppin' senior Norwegian) the other night. Griz best guard and big man are sitting the bench as transfers this year. Two big time Aussies and a couple more 2 and 3 star HS players coming to Missoula next year.

Football getting a little old and women's hoops too!
You're right, no adult griz fans ever utilize FTC...ever...including super fan adult griz fans...ever.

Get off your high horse, douchnozzle.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.