WBB vs Idaho State. BE THERE! $2 day!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: WBB vs Idaho State. BE THERE! $2 day!

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:12 pm

I might have missed it above but what was the attendance for this $2 day promotion?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:27 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:12 pm
I might have missed it above but what was the attendance for this $2 day promotion?
2,357 according to ESPN's box score. 3rd highest of the year behind the Gonzaga game (2,837) and the College Day game against Carroll (6,596).

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 pm
John K wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:04 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:34 am
First place by one game at 8-1.
While technically correct, that's a little misleading, because we're actually tied with Idaho in the loss column, and of course they have a head to head win over us. That's a game we probably should have won, and hopefully we'll get them back when we play them in Moscow in a few weeks. It looks like MSU and UI are clearly the top 2 teams in the conference. We had 2 really good wins this weekend though, and I'm looking forward to continuing our recent domination of UM next Saturday. Are both the men's and women's Cat-Griz games on SWX?
We might get some help Monday night. UI goes to SUU. The T-birds are undefeated at home this year (8-0 home, 1-7 road). That includes Portland State and Idaho State. No easy task for anyone it seems.
MSU and Idaho are at the top with one loss each, while Weber and EWU are at the bottom with one win each. The other 7 teams are all bunched within 2 games of each other, between 5-3 and 3-5.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:41 pm

Idaho has played 2 less conference games than we have as well, so there is that.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcat2651
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcat2651 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:28 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the women's team poster?, my granddaughter likes to get the players to sign their pics

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:48 pm

bobcat2651 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:28 pm
Does anyone know where I can get the women's team poster?, my granddaughter likes to get the players to sign their pics
I'd guess the best place to get one is the MSU Athletics office in the Fieldhouse.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:05 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:48 pm
bobcat2651 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:28 pm
I'd guess the best place to get one is the MSU Athletics office in the Fieldhouse.
I have seen them in the Athletics office as mentioned. Also, have you looked on the tables on either side of south entrance as you enter the Brick on game day. I used to see them there...I don’t know if still laying them out or all gone but check next time.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
John K wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
While technically correct, that's a little misleading, because we're actually tied with Idaho in the loss column, and of course they have a head to head win over us. That's a game we probably should have won, and hopefully we'll get them back when we play them in Moscow in a few weeks. It looks like MSU and UI are clearly the top 2 teams in the conference. We had 2 really good wins this weekend though, and I'm looking forward to continuing our recent domination of UM next Saturday. Are both the men's and women's Cat-Griz games on SWX?
We might get some help Monday night. UI goes to SUU. The T-birds are undefeated at home this year (8-0 home, 1-7 road). That includes Portland State and Idaho State. No easy task for anyone it seems.
Idaho ended up beating SUU pretty easily last night...15 or so points I believe it was. After we lost to them at home, some people on here seemed to believe it was sort of a fluke, but they may be a better team that people are giving them credit for. I doubt anyone else is gonna step up and make a run during the 2nd half of the conference schedule, so it's probably gonna come down to them and us for the BSC title. It will be a big game when we go to Moscow in a few weeks. We'll probably have to win that game to win the conference.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 am

John K wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
John K wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Idaho ended up beating SUU pretty easily last night...15 or so points I believe it was. After we lost to them at home, some people on here seemed to believe it was sort of a fluke, but they may be a better team that people are giving them credit for. I doubt anyone else is gonna step up and make a run during the 2nd half of the conference schedule, so it's probably gonna come down to them and us for the BSC title. It will be a big game when we go to Moscow in a few weeks. We'll probably have to win that game to win the conference.
Sure is looking that way, although I think we're 5-10 points better than Idaho most nights.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:48 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 am
John K wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
John K wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Sure is looking that way, although I think we're 5-10 points better than Idaho most nights.
Will be a key game at Idaho for sure. We need to take care of business on our side and hope Idaho stumbles. They still lead the league in defense (just ahead of the Cats) and were predicted to finish 2nd in league play so they are living up to there predicted performance.

Potential stumbling blocks for Idaho?
>Well NAU has quietly went 6-1 since losing to the Cats. Idaho has to play them twice...first go round is this Saturday.
>They need to play Portland State again and PSU thoroughly drubbed them first go round.
>Griz only lost to Idaho by 1 and Idaho still needs to travel to Missoula for the rematch.
>Don’t discount Eastern Washington. Eastern Washington has been down 1 to 3 starters most of the conference season. They were all back in the lineup against the Bobcats. If they stay healthy they will knock off a couple teams in the second half.

Of course all of the above are potential stumbling blocks for the Cats too!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:56 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 am
John K wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
John K wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Agreed. A lot of folks see the Montana girls on the Idaho roster and want to make that an issue (why didn’t we recruit them?) without knowing much about what went into their recruitment. So, of course, if MSU loses they’ll be right there questioning Binford anonymously on a message board. Just part of the game.