MBB at Idaho State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB at Idaho State

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:31 pm

As others have mentioned, it is great to have Kirby back. Played with great energy and confidence tonight.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:37 pm

wapiti wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:30 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:02 pm
kmax wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:58 pm
wapiti wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 pm
The alley-oop from Frey was fun to see. It was in the 2nd half
So good it apparently broke the ISU replay system. Was kind of fun seeing that again and again every time they tried t play a replay. :lol:
So good it apparently broke the ISU replay system. Was kind of fun seeing that again and again every time they tried t play a replay. :lol:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:07 pm

Time to start resting Frey a little. His shot is starting to falter as he builds minutes that have to be breaking some type of record.

2024 Resume dominance

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 am

We won whilst going 1-11 from three point range. How often does that happen in modern basketball? However, we did get three old-fashioned three point plays in a row to get some separation from them late in the game. Belo with two in a row and then Adamu. Then the griz lost to Weber in OT. I don't figure we have much of a chance of winning in Missoula next week, but the game might be closer than some might expect.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:17 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:07 pm
Time to start resting Frey a little. His shot is starting to falter as he builds minutes that have to be breaking some type of record.
I had a similar conversation with another poster on this board during the non- conference, basically questioning why he was playing so many minutes at that time. I was told it didn't matter, but i think it's becoming obvious that it does matter. He's tired. Here's playing minutes, and they're hard minutes: handling the ball, fighting through double teams and hedges on offense and over endless ball screens on defense. I think with the 2 big fellas playing together a bunch now, you could conceivably get away with Paulo playing a few more minutes running the show each half. If we want to be anything more than another quick out in the bsc tourney we need December harald back.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:50 am

Great win for the guys....2 in a row on the road...that doesn't happen often. Great to have DK back and relieve some of the pressure on Belo. Keep improving fellas!! I want to see this team peak during the tournament!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:29 am

Tied for fourth and two games out of first.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:29 am
It was a really good weekend for the men, and an added bonus when UM fell to Weber in OT. I now believe we actually have a legit chance of beating the Griz, and I didn't feel that way before this weekend. They'll obviously still be favored, but I really think we'll give them a very good game, at the very least. I haven't seen an MSU team dominate inside like they did against ISU in a very long time.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:19 am

John K wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 am
TomCat88 wrote:
It was a really good weekend for the men, and an added bonus when UM fell to Weber in OT. I now believe we actually have a legit chance of beating the Griz, and I didn't feel that way before this weekend. They'll obviously still be favored, but I really think we'll give them a very good game, at the very least. I haven't seen an MSU team dominate inside like they did against ISU in a very long time.
Yup, I like our chances against um. The griz definitely have a solid team this year, but they certainly are not dominating teams like they have in recent years. I think like 5 of their conference wins have been by 1 or 2 points. They could very easily be a middle of the pack big sky team in the standings right now, when looking at their record, and several of those games that came down to the last play.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:31 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:19 am
John K wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Yup, I like our chances against um. The griz definitely have a solid team this year, but they certainly are not dominating teams like they have in recent years. I think like 5 of their conference wins have been by 1 or 2 points. They could very easily be a middle of the pack big sky team in the standings right now, when looking at their record, and several of those games that came down to the last play.
Our road sweep was even more impressive, considering how poorly Harry shot the ball, 5 for 19 against Weber and 3 for 15 against ISU, a combined 8 for 34 which is less than 25%. He's probably gonna have to shoot better than that, if we're gonna have a chance against UM.