Boise State Suing the MWC

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

NavyBlue
BobcatNation Letterman

Boise State Suing the MWC

Post by NavyBlue » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:09 pm

I know it isn't Bobcat related, but I thought some might find this interesting.

https://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewtopi ... =4&t=52166

https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/top ... /#comments

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Re: Boise State Suing the MWC

Post by catgrad05 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:28 pm

I wonder if Miller knew about this before leaving. Sounds like it could be a distraction to the administration

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:50 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:28 pm
I wonder if Miller knew about this before leaving. Sounds like it could be a distraction to the administration
I bet it gets settled quick. MWC loses all.around in court.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:58 pm

The Mountain West is in a great position to divest it from a few "schools" specifically Boise. Were they to get rid of that junior college, get BYU back and pick up a few FCS schools, they could become a viable Group of 5 conference. I'm thinking a couple Montana schools and a number of Dakota schools bringing that conference up to that magical number 14. Wonder if the school's administrators involved in this lawsuit are capable of making these moves? Boise is screwed if the Mountain West plays hardball and kicks them out. If BYU can't make it as an independent, what can possibly Boise be thinking?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:58 pm
The Mountain West is in a great position to divest it from a few "schools" specifically Boise. Were they to get rid of that junior college, get BYU back and pick up a few FCS schools, they could become a viable Group of 5 conference. I'm thinking a couple Montana schools and a number of Dakota schools bringing that conference up to that magical number 14. Wonder if the school's administrators involved in this lawsuit are capable of making these moves? Boise is screwed if the Mountain West plays hardball and kicks them out. If BYU can't make it as an independent, what can possibly Boise be thinking?
Exactly which mountains are in either of the Dakotas that would qualify those schools for the conference?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

NavyBlue
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NavyBlue » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Exactly which mountains are in either of the Dakotas that would qualify those schools for the conference?

TCU used to be in the MWC, but I dont think the Dakota schools are what the MWC wants. NDSU may have a small chance but no other Dakota's would have a shot.
Last edited by NavyBlue on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Obviously it would change its moniker. I mean, come on man, Colorado and Ewe tahhhaaa are in the PAC 10. You're getting a bit picky here. Boise sucks. I hope the other schools in their conference has the balls to tell them don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:00 am

coloradocat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Don’t worry, Cat Grad is just tinkering with his meds again. Boise wins this easy, it’s basically written down in the contract. I’m pretty certain the MWC doesn’t have any interest - like, zero - in trading BSU for the Montanas or Dakotas. Cat Grad is just going to have to live with his inferiority complex a little bit longer.

GO CATS GO!!!