WBB vs. Weber State and Idaho State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

WBB vs. Weber State and Idaho State

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:44 pm

Anyone had a chance to see either of these teams to comment on prospects for this weekend?

After last weekend MSU remains #1 in scoring margin, #3 in points scored, #2 in fewest points allowed, #2 in holding teams to lowest field goal %, #5 in 3 pt % allowed (teams 2 to 5 are within 1% of each other), #1 in rebounding margin, #2 in both numbers of offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds, #2 in turnover margin.

Weber St. (1-5) statistically looks to be having a tough go of it. Guard play has been lacking with an average of 23 TO per game and a last in league -10 TO margin. They rank last in the league in several other areas... in assists, 3 pt % and 2nd from bottom in offense, scoring margin, field goal % allowed, blocked shots....7th in league allowing 73 ppg. They do have some good inside play and you will see them try to get offense through their big folks which should be tough to do against the Bobcat Crew. Let’s just hope they don’t turn it around and have career nights like EWU.

Idaho State (7-9 and 3-4) is a different matter. They took Arizona State to OT, beat EWU by 20, beat Seattle by 25, gave Utah State all they wanted. They rank in the top half of the league in nearly every category. They don’t make many mistakes. They did lose their leading scorer to an ACL late in the pre-season but other ladies are adjusting and adapting. They fall in the middle of the conference in scoring but due to their tough defense they are second in the league in scoring margin trailing only MSU. Expect another defensive game as they rank #3 in fewest points allowed and lowest field goal %allowed....right behind Idaho and MSU. They are also #3 in rebounding margin. They are #2 in shooting % and 3 pt % (37%)...both better than MSU. This will be another tough contest.

And those who have attended a game with ISU, know that we get to endure the ISU coach Seton Sobolewski ..... I think the most annoying and aggravating women’s coach in the Big Sky...and I may be too nice in my description. If only a rather large group of our students could have a gathering behind Sobolewski and send him love throughout the game.

Saturday is “pack the house” game against ISU....tickets and concessions are only $2. So if wanting to see a good game, show up and bring a friend.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs. Weber State and Idaho State

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:21 am

ISU has been Binford's nemesis for a long time. Her teams seem to not match up to their physical play. I wonder if this will persist? Sobelewski is a ref baiter and a chronic complainer. His teams never foul, always get bad calls and seem to always play well against the Cats.

I'd like to see he and Bob Schofield in a Texas Death Match in a phone booth!

2024 Resume dominance