WBB at EWU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: WBB at EWU

Post by Catlady » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:21 pm

There has to be concern that one of the lower tier teams in the BSC can have this type of day against the Bobcats. Take a second and look at last seasons game against EWU we lost due to our lack of ability to stop the three. If you watched the game, EWU was shooting threes with their shots not being contested. Major area of concern the rest of the season as other teams start noticing our issue. It wasn’t because Squires wasn’t available, it’s because our guards get lost on defense. Even at the brick, I constantly hear fans yell cover the three. I’m excited about Boise, but yesterday’s game showed a glaring vulnerability of the Bobcats.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: WBB at EWU

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:47 pm

Yep got torched on 3 ball this game. But remember that we have already faced 6 of top 10 3 pt shooters in the league from Sac St, Idaho, UNC, and SUU with only 2 of those teams scoring over 60 points and one not even breaking 50 points. Will see how they do on the second go round.

But I’m not ready to start shouting “the sky is falling”.........yet.

I actually would like to have been in the post game presser for EWU to ask... “Coach...respectfully....how in the world did you lose a game where you shot 56% from 3 range, made 17 3s, shot nearly 50% from the floor overall...how is that possible?” “And with all your success during regulation....what did they change to cause you to shoot only 1 of 6 in the two OT periods?”

Like Coach Binford says...we are going to get everyone’s best shot this season. We are the marked team. It is a long tough season...we will see a few more like this and maybe another loss or two. I am just proud the girls could overcome an outstanding performance by EWU on their home court on this particular night.