grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cruzado-Salas offered position as MSU president

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:13 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:53 pm
Bay Area Cat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:Why do you think people in Montana won't accept a female university president?

I mean, the state did elect a woman to the U.S. Congress almost 100 years ago ... has the state regressed since then?
Not at all, and I do think Montanans would accept a female university president, if she fit the university. I just see this as a "politically correct" choice, not the "best fit" choice. It speaks to how really skewed this country has become. Her qualifications and background do not seem to be at all in line with Montana State University, when compared to the other two candidates, and especially Dr. Leath. When I first saw the candidates, I just had this sneaking suspicion this would happen - the BOR trying to be cute and make a splash at the expense of the entire Institution. I too am extremely disappointed.

That being said, I too hope she proves me wrong.
Again, outside of having a vagina, how is her background any different from our current President?

And by most all accounts, he appears to have done a great job for MSU.
That's a rather crass way of conveying a point - I'm disappointed in you, BAC. :shock:

To answer your question: Experience. Gamble had been-there, done-that. In all reality, I thought he was just an OK president. Nothing spectacular. Of course, we were spoiled to have Dr. Malone for such a long time. He was just before my time at MSU, but both my parents and other MSU grads always spoke very highly of him and his dedication to MSU. Gamble just seemed more like a caretaker, not a mover-and-shaker.
Yep, Cruzado proved me wrong, and I couldn't be happier to admit it. And she is very much the mover-and-shaker that I still feel Gamble wasn't. Had that thought again today as I was reading the op-ed thread in the football forum, so that impression has stuck with me, it seems.

And for what it's worth, a decade is a long time. I didn't even remember this thread, @wbtfg . How in the world did you remember it?!?

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:01 am
it's also interesting to take a look at Steven Leath's career path. He was named President at Iowa State, and then President at Auburn University. He had some controversy both places and was recently fired from Auburn and was given a $4+million buyout.
Very interesting indeed. It’s always scary to go fishing in a big pond. Someone did some good screening.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:55 pm

I wish I had posted less in this thread way back when ... and maybe "let it go" a lot sooner. Younger me annoys me. ;)

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 pm

SonomaCat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:55 pm
I wish I had posted less in this thread way back when ... and maybe "let it go" a lot sooner. Younger me annoys me. ;)
It is amazing how common that condition is SonomaCat.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:09 am

SonomaCat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:55 pm
You ever get Facebook memories and it's a post you made 10+ years ago, and you think "who are you?". I've deleted a few here and there as I see them. :lol:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast