Coach Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Coach Choate

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:24 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:19 pm
SnowGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:24 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:22 pm
SnowGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:25 am
sat across from him on a flight into Bozeman last night. seemed like a genuinely nice guy, didn't talk a ton about football and just joked around and talked about normal things. i was pleasantly surprised. it was a returning flight from Denver, must have been doing some recruiting.
That was a nice post. We feel pretty lucky to have the guy! Just curious, but we’re you expecting different? He always seems to be a good guy in the media. I believe that even Colter has said as much.
he's the coach of the arch rival with 4 straight wins against the Griz. i was hoping for more of a reason to hate him
I can see that. Quite frankly, Bobby said plenty in his first go around to permanently cement him as an a-hole with Cat fans.
As much as I dislike "Media Bobby" away from the cameras he's a nice guy and pretty fun to be around. I golfed with him/around him several times and always came away thinking "that's not even close to the dude in the media". For whatever that is worth.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

SnowGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by SnowGriz » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:59 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:24 pm
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
sat across from him on a flight into Bozeman last night. seemed like a genuinely nice guy, didn't talk a ton about football and just joked around and talked about normal things. i was pleasantly surprised. it was a returning flight from Denver, must have been doing some recruiting.
That was a nice post. We feel pretty lucky to have the guy! Just curious, but we’re you expecting different? He always seems to be a good guy in the media. I believe that even Colter has said as much.
he's the coach of the arch rival with 4 straight wins against the Griz. i was hoping for more of a reason to hate him
I can see that. Quite frankly, Bobby said plenty in his first go around to permanently cement him as an a-hole with Cat fans.
As much as I dislike "Media Bobby" away from the cameras he's a nice guy and pretty fun to be around. I golfed with him/around him several times and always came away thinking "that's not even close to the dude in the media". For whatever that is worth.
That’s been my experience as well. I think he kind of thrives on a slightly negative public image for some reason

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:07 pm

Me three. Like the guy away from the media. Can’t stand the guy in the press.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:57 am

I'm disappointed, he fixed it before I could even see his mistake, or even make some reference to booby hatch 👿

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

SnowGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by SnowGriz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:32 am

allcat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:57 am
I'm disappointed, he fixed it before I could even see his mistake, or even make some reference to booby hatch 👿
Did you just assume my gender?

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 am

SnowGriz wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:26 pm
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
I think that was kinda the point
There is nothing redeeming about Hauck. I don't care how cute he is on the golf course.. he's an Ahole plain and simple.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:58 am

seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 am
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
There is nothing redeeming about Hauck. I don't care how cute he is on the golf course.. he's an Ahole plain and simple.
Have you ever talked to him one on one?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:16 am

catatac wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:58 am
seataccat wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
No, I have never talked to Sadam Hussein or Michael Vick either.

Voltaire

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:23 am

seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:16 am
catatac wrote:
seataccat wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
:lol:

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:31 pm

seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
seataccat wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
That was a serious and weird escalation. Where does Bobby fall on that scale? 8-[

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:12 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:31 pm
seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
seataccat wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
That was a serious and weird escalation. Where does Bobby fall on that scale? 8-[
It's just making a point. In case you don't understand, you don't have to meet someone face to face to know they are an ahole under the hood. Bobby Hauck may light up a room for you, or make you feel special when your having a drink with him but that doesn't make him a good guy. I have seen the way he treated those kids from the kaiman, I have heard what he has said about my University, its players and supporters and I know someone that played for him that I trust wholeheartedly that knows first hand what a jackass he is.
I'm glad he gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside. I happen to know better.

Voltaire

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:18 pm

seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:12 pm
It's just making a point. In case you don't understand, you don't have to meet someone face to face to know they are an ahole under the hood. Bobby Hauck may light up a room for you, or make you feel special when your having a drink with him but that doesn't make him a good guy. I have seen the way he treated those kids from the kaiman, I have heard what he has said about my University, its players and supporters and I know someone that played for him that I trust wholeheartedly that knows first hand what a jackass he is.
I feel the exact same way. Good people don't treat others that way, ever. Have you ever heard of watching to see how a boss/date/whoever treats the janitor or a waiter when no one else is around? He's a complete jackass and an embarrassment to the entire state of Montana.

GO CATS GO!!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:07 pm
Me three. Like the guy away from the media. Can’t stand the guy in the press.
I disagree, but it’s been years since I was around him. Hopefully he’s changed since his first time around in Missoula.l because even people within the AD couldn’t stand him. Perhaps failing at UNLV humbled him a bit.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:18 pm

seataccat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
seataccat wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Right on! I definitely don't have a dog in the fight and I don't really care about who likes Bobby and who doesn't. I've never met him. I've met his sister and she seems to be a great person, super cool. I have some friends that have met Bobby and they say he's a good guy. Obviously Bobby has to be a dick about everything MSU, the Griz fans demand it. Maybe he actually is a dick in real life, no idea. This kind of reminds me of Ryan Leaf. I've met him before. I feel like he's kind of a dick, and I feel like he was a dick before his drug addiction. Maybe he's changed and isn't a dick any more, no idea.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:17 pm

seataccat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
seataccat wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Really glad you cleared that up. Let me be clear, I said Media Bobby sucks but my impression of him was he wasn't that bad of a dude to be around on the Golf Course.

Not sure what sack of sand you sat in to get so much in your panties but thanks for really putting me in my place.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:17 pm
seataccat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
seataccat wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
SnowGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Really glad you cleared that up. Let me be clear, I said Media Bobby sucks but my impression of him was he wasn't that bad of a dude to be around on the Golf Course.

Not sure what sack of sand you sat in to get so much in your panties but thanks for really putting me in my place.
Peace dude... I didn't mean to be an ahole myself.

Voltaire

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:24 pm

I've also heard NDSU fans are cool in person, but until I really get to meet one in person, my only perception of them is their online presence, which is awful.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:40 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:24 pm
I've also heard NDSU fans are cool in person, but until I really get to meet one in person, my only perception of them is their online presence, which is awful.
I hope that Bobcat fans get the opportunity someday to be as cocky and arrogant as NDSU fans (and dUMb fans in the past) because we start winning so much. I hope even more that collectively, we would choose not to act the same way, online or in person. Somehow, my gut tells me there would be just as many Bobcats acting like arrogant jerks as there currently are Bison fans (not to mention coaches and players), it's kind of just human nature, but maybe we'd police ourselves a little differently as a collective fan base. Probably not, though.

GO CATS GO!!!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:49 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:40 pm
CelticCat wrote:
I hope that Bobcat fans get the opportunity someday to be as cocky and arrogant as NDSU fans (and dUMb fans in the past) because we start winning so much. I hope even more that collectively, we would choose not to act the same way, online or in person. Somehow, my gut tells me there would be just as many Bobcats acting like arrogant jerks as there currently are Bison fans (not to mention coaches and players), it's kind of just human nature, but maybe we'd police ourselves a little differently as a collective fan base. Probably not, though.
If we ever won a few championships in a row, I would be the most insufferable fan you have ever encountered. I would be bursting with vim, vigor, and vulgarity. A man can dream, for a moment, of such a day.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:56 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:49 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:40 pm
CelticCat wrote:
If we ever won a few championships in a row, I would be the most insufferable fan you have ever encountered. I would be bursting with vim, vigor, and vulgarity. A man can dream, for a moment, of such a day.
In the same way that saying "money can't buy you happiness," I'd love the opportunity to give it a try!

GO CATS GO!!!